Zarnon takes aim at a fall and winter grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read through the entire thread Zarnon... great read. took me most of the morning to finish as it was sharing time with George RR Martin's A Game of Thrones. Addictive read, made more addicitve by our lovely NW cloudcover. Thanks for sharing the information. gotta love the minds which are always trying to improve things.

Planet EM said:
Wanted to tell you, having just tested my third strain harvested, I am guessing I am going to be a sativa smoker

You and me both dude! I really like the highs of a Sativa! If you like a great sativa try Kali Mist! I'm very partial having done two diff grows from seed.

Speaking of Indica/Sativas, I understand why I have such different phenos with this grow. Do you know in the Cannabis Cup AK-47 has won 2nd place for best Sativa (1999) and 2nd for best Indica (2003)! :eek:

Jack Herer sounds really good, everyone is into it. What's it like?

the ever resourceful EM said:
I read that the extra UV from halides can insrease potency and resin production, but possibly be slightly down on weight...sounds right up our alley.

Hmm. Well, this is why I'm putting it to the test, because I am wagering that both vegetative AND flowering mass will be greater. It is just hitting more cylinders m8. Even my reds are equal to the HPS so I don't think I'll miss a beat! :D That annoying crappy yellow is gone and thus the light is much happier. Goodbye Kal-EL and Krypton!

the ever interesting Ravishing said:
Zarnon, perhaps take this new grow to a new thread... I know I want to watch your results of hydro vs. soil.

What? You're going to stop reading if I hit page 10? :D I may do it once I've wrapped up the harvest of the last seed grown.

RAV said:
If you can use the same lighting, the same environment, and document each week, this would be a very interesting project. I love anything scientific. I have an excel document that I have made to keep track of my grows and then when I get enough experience I can really look and see what made the difference.

Cool Rav! I'm a stone cold geekazoid who likes science, programming, RPG and ganja not necessarily in that order LOL... I'm precise person and I like scientific inquiry.

The grows won't be entirely equivalent due to differences in how you work with soil and hydro. Also genetics are going to play a role. This AK-47 produced 4 very different phenos and I only know the identity of one clone. Doh! It was a spur of the moment project inspired one night by seeing Red/White's soil grow.

R said:
I am like most on here, don't much care about the yield, though of course with as much work as we put in, we want a decent yield, I'm looking at quality. Keep us up on your project! ~ Rav

I think yield is important to a point. I 'aint gonna work 4 months to grow a half oz LOL... But after you reach the point where you can grow more herb than you can smoke, it's time to change the focus. I've always been interested in taste, now I'm trying a lot of avenues.

funstar said:
it was sharing time with George RR Martin's A Game of Thrones.

That is a very intense complex series, I really enjoyed it.

Have you read any Zelazny? If you like political intrigue, fantasy and some really trippy concepts the Chronicles of Amber was one of my all time favorites. Also Pullman 'His Dark Materials' series is great.

Styling Grow Accessory 2007

Check out - The NugTainer!! Wooeee!! They call him.... Shaft! :afroweed:

Now, you only get to join Club Nugtainer (tm) if you have a single big enuf to fill it heh heh heh...:cool:

The Nugtainer.jpg

Zarnon said:
:p Clones In!:p

Notice the soil grow? Yep. I was very impressed with Red/White's grow. I am trying my best to use it as my base. Thank you Red/White for the advice you've given me! :aok: It's cool because I'm growing it side by side with a sister clone started at the same time (last night) in hydro.

Getting your hands dirty in the soil, eh? I salute you. :peace:

Lookin' good, buddy.

Rock on! :D

Just found the poor guys thread you guys romped on about the lighting.:p Someone should have came and got me LOL. I think I do know where a par to lumens conversion is bro, give me a few days to find it though...not exactly sure what forum it was on.

Excellent!! I can't wait, that would give a lot better idea what is 'optimal'.

Dude, I think you'd get a lot more mileage if you did searches and such for PFD (or photon flux density). It and PAR are a measure of intensity and use equivalent units (so your conversion will be the same for both). You'll find a lot more scientific literature on light/horticulture if you use standard terms.

Where PAR goes off-track is how people misapply it. It's a definition of a spectral range, but by no means is all that range 'optimal'. I went into this on page 1 of my light article. Comments?

CURE WT LOSS EXPERIMENT (part b)

Put the tagged bud into the jar after 4 days. I usually do it here or the next day; I judge by how the bud feels (squishy to slightly soft, never crunchy).

Weight at start of cure, 7 gms.

I was surprised. I thought it would be heavier. Already a 75% reduction. It will be interesting to see how much more is lost during cure.

Clear your mailbox bro, we will get this sorted...posts should have been moved not deleted IMO.

seriously? man that is just downright odd. I appreciate your input as well as many others. let us know this blog address.

well zarnon ive not read your threads or others much more out of laziness and too many things to do but even me a complete imbicile can appreciate the lengths you go to to provide such beneficial knowledge on the various growing techniques/methods along with valuable info on lighting spectrums etc etc etc.......

posts should not be deleted as elephant man mentioned and i agree if in wrong forum then moved.......

onto your grow fabulous dude well done id appreciate any info on the methods used!!!

are the hydro buckets ...bubblers or hydropots etc.

later dude

pkj

hey zarnon i actually read your thread some and page 1 system:farm: :farm: :p :rolleyes:

this is new system im getting for buddys next grow only thing different and only other outlay is one pump for air and one for nutes only medium is small bag of clay pebbles and nute heater and were away.

you like this lot is about £200 complete delivered in uk for 12 pot system.

pkj:eek:

Hey Parkingjoe.

That airpump is the bomb! Very cool. I have two (but only four outlets each).

I gotta review how these systems work. How does the water get circulated to the top? It looks very compact. I'll be interested to see how it works!

Zarnon said:
Day 21 Flower

The buds are coming along well. No way are they going to be finished with flowering in a month but looking really healthy and progressing nicely (never believe the flowering times listed, sorta like reading the MPG sticker on a new car). :cool:

First pic is a section of the 'canopy' which I've keep in a concave pattern to match light falloff. The training sticks come in soooo handy when I have to lift up a plant. I dunno how guys with a SCROG/SOG deal with things like pump failures/clogs/etc.

I've made my own intermediate veg room. It's very simple with a 150w fluro. No worries about heat and the fluro is rated at 12,000 lumens but from what I've read puts out more like 10k. That's plenty for this area though. I'm looking at growing them no more than 12 inches before moving to the larger room.

The cab is just a HomeDePot special. There was this huge thread on these on the old Overgrow... 90 bucks. The back is made of cardboard so I've had a new piece of plywood cut. The stuff to paint it with is Kilz which is white, and is both flame and mildew retardant. There's a fan running in there and I will have a temp regulating fan, but so far it's running 80 degrees and 40% humidity, so no big hurry.

The clones have been repotted in netpots (within those containers) using a soilless mix. They should be fairly rootbound when I transplant to the hydro so hopefully little debris.

Hey Zarnon. I see a pic of Roots Organics Soil. That is the stuff I keep getting told about and am gonna try it next grow. What do you think of the stuff??

Stunzeed..

Hey Zarnon sorry you feel this way man. Your post were deleted on the request of the members journal they were posted in. He felt his thread was being hijacked and didn't feel those post belonged in his journal. I sent you a PM telling you why they were deleted. I could have moved them but at the time didn't think about it. Hey man what can i say but sorry. Here man have a hit of this. :48:

:eek: posted a reply to zarnons thread and hey dudes its disappeared also:peace:

pkj
;)

Hey Zarnon, just so you know I do appreciate all the time you put into your responses and it never even dawned on me that you would be pissed by me doing it. I hope there are no hard feelings, because there are certainly none over here. You've done an outstanding job on this grow and I would certainly like to see you do more. Later.

Latest posts

Back