Ztec Grow Journal As Of 04/05/08

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZTEC

Medicinal Grower
Reaction score
It's been 4 weeks already but I have pictures from 2 weeks ago and I figured I would at least help myself out and start a journal so I can learn from each harvest. Here is my 40" x 36" x 8' room I built with a small addition on the outside for flowering when I get that 400 watt HPS I NEED MONEY! haha But anyways here are the pics and more info later! Few later pictures here: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24443

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Got a question for anyone who can help me out. It's about 4 weeks into process wondering about Mg deficiency I got Epsom salt mix ready to go if needed just wondering if I am worrying to soon?

Hi there ZTEC. Glad to see that you started a grow journal. We love to follow grows. If your plants are green and healthy, then there is no need to worry. I think they look fine under the cfls. You are going to love the 400 watt hps though. The plants are going to love it also. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

I am using all organic properties with this grow. I want that natural smoke, ya know plus i've always had better luck organic. Wondering if there is any good organic home made insecticides and fungicides. I am using a 2 liter bottle and brewers yeast combo for CO2, no meter to justify it doing anything but it seems to be helping?

Hey ZTEC...how about Ladybugs..prayN Mantis..those are Good bugs..and organic..

We always get Japanese Beetles and Box Elder bugs and we get them thick in the Spring around here but already in my house I have Box Elder bugs crawling around not doing any harm, as far as I know. I had to move my CFL's today "they're growing so fast"...*sheds tear*, can't wait for that lamp! Some look to be males by they're height and they way they're growing, small signs of sex showing about a week ago. The two I split I added some of that "Super Thrive" to the roots when I transplanted them but they are starting to look real rough, leaves curling, etc. I've been watering them and spraying water on them to get a little humidity going, but not 100% sure why they are failing besides maybe shock from the roots growing together. But i'll keep an eye on them today see if any other signs show up.

Ok, here is the update a long time coming but they are looking good, one is looking pretty bad but it was one of the two that were in the same small pot so most of roots got torn away figured it would happen. Ready for 400 watt HPS to come around soon. Wondering by the look of my pictures if it was time to do the 12/12 switch, some are over foot tall others that were in smaller pot are about 6" tall.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

Switched the plants to 12/12 cycle some are just a few inches tall some are a couple feet but waiting for a light to come in and want some of them ready for when it comes 400 HPS here i come. Need to do some electrical also..so hopefully it doesn't come to soon, not ready yet. But will post pictures in about a week.

Hey y'all, just been busy lately but had time to take a few pics! Some leaves are dying out and I got pretty hard water so hopefully not locking back any nutes. But added Bone meal about 2 days ago and watered this morning again. But I also bent over two plants to try that method and looks like it's working so far. It's been about 2 weeks since I started the 12/12 and just wondering what y'all think of them. Added two flouro 40 watt Gro-lux bulbs and have 7 23 watt CFL's in there also. Temp been steady around 77 - 78 and humidity around 30 - 40 percent.

MJ 001.jpg

MJ 002.jpg

MJ 003.jpg

MJ 010.jpg

MJ 006.jpg

MJ 011.jpg

MJ 012.jpg

MJ 008.jpg

MJ 009.jpg

Have you seperated the males yet? They should be showing any time now. Have you got the 400 watt hps yet? I hope you get it soon as those plants will really take off when you put the 400 watter up. Keep us posted on the plants. Looking nice and healthy so far. Take care and be safe.

Haven't seen any males yet, all females so far. I can't wait to get that light! No money, to many bills!!! But hopefully within next month, probably to late for this crop but next will have. I might start getting into hydroponics then, but who knows see how money goes.

plants are looking great that terra cycle foliar spray is great stuff i use is on all my grows good luck

Yea I got that Terra Cycle stuff been using it more in the soil then on the foliage. Does it do better on the foliage then in the soil? i tested PH and Nit and Phos. yesterday on most the plants and they were a little low on both so maybe add a little more fertz.

Quick question. Are the stems to "purple/red" should they be more green?

Also one more, wondering if my fan is to close. if plants get blowin in the wind to much does that effect production?

Are the stems to "purple/red" should they be more green?
Look fine to me.
if plants get blowin in the wind to much does that effect production?
As a rule you want a good breeze but not a strong wind. My closet looks like a tornado is in it though and I don't have any problems:D.
I might start getting into hydroponics then
Master the soil grows first. It's a lil more work involved when growing hydro.

One of my plants that I didn't bend over... has a few leaves that are either not getting enough light, or fan current making the leaves crispy and they are shredding apart? I added a few pics! I might be over watering them but the other plants are doing pretty well under 7 23w CFL's and 2 40 watt Flouro bulbs total of about 15000 lumens. The fan is on low, and oscillating but the breeze is pretty strong??? Just wanna make sure, any suggestions PLEASE!!!! Thanks y'all

MJ - 042308 001.jpg

MJ - 042308 002.jpg

MJ - 042308 003.jpg

MJ - 042308 004.jpg

Latest posts

Back