PDA

View Full Version : Iso Hash Oil

Pages : [1] 2

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-02-2006, 07:47 PM
:cool:hello all. i see there are not to many threads on making hash so i thought i would start another. you will need the following items:

1) clean jar with lid
2) isopropyl rubbing alcohol
3) coffee filters
4) plate or glass pan
5) bud or leaf trimmings
6) razor blade

First you want to take your bud & leaf trimmings crush them up and place in bottom of jar. Then take your iso and fill the jar up 1 to 2 inches over your bud & leaf trimmings. Put the lid on the jar and shake well for 2 minutes. Get your plate or glass pan and coffee filters. Take 3 or 4 filters put them together and dump your mixture into the filters. Be sure to try and fold the top of the filters together after adding the mixture this will prevent your filters from letting your liquid drip out the top. Let all the liquid drain through the filters onto the plate or glass pan. once this is done let the iso evaporate in the plate or pan and there you have it. Take your razor blade and scrape the hash from the plate or pan and its time to smoke. REMEMBER the better the bud and trimmings the better your hash will be. any questions please email me. ENJOY:p

The haze one
02-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Yes man thank you, finally a way to make some hash that is easy and doesnt involve a potential bomb hazord/cooking melt down

I have a lot of shake from a friends grow, cant wait to try that method.... jus one question ? so after all the mixing and shakeing i just put the coffee filters at the opening of the jar? and let it seep through that onto the pan/plate? and is nromal rubbing alcohol the same thing as the kind your talking about?

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-02-2006, 08:16 PM
whats up The Haze One. take and hold the filters in one hand and the jar in the other. pour your mixture into the filters. or you can set your filters on your plate or pan and pour the mixture in the filters then pic them up and let drain. be sure to fold the top of the filters over after getting your mixture in them as they will become weak from being wet. yes regular rubbing alcohol. i got mine at wegmans 91% isopropyl. worked great.

Hick
02-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Hash makeing doesn't involve a solvent(isopropyl). What you're making is an elexar, commonly called "Hash Oil".
Hash is made by sifting/seperating the trichomes from plant matter, then heating and/or pressing them.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-02-2006, 10:20 PM
whats up Hick. this doesn't turn to oil though. i think you have to cook it to get the oil don't ya? depending on the quality of bud and leaf trimmings i have made it a few times with differnt results each time.
(1) when i used nothing but bud it came out like a long stick of candy very sticky and black with a slight tint of green. looked and tasted just like hash. very good.
(2) when i used nothing but leaf trimmings it came out like powder and i put it in a cig wrapper wrapped it up tight and put a piece of tape around it and stuck it in the heel of my shoe. 1 hour later a piece of solid hash. not as good as the bud though.

The haze one
02-03-2006, 12:40 AM
hmmm very interesting indeed. I have already started the process so I will definatly give my final verdict on it once its done fully evaporating ..... looks like it could work so far

Stoney Bud
02-03-2006, 02:20 AM
whats up Hick. this doesn't turn to oil though. i think you have to cook it to get the oil don't ya? depending on the quality of bud and leaf trimmings i have made it a few times with different results each time.
(1) when i used nothing but bud it came out like a long stick of candy very sticky and black with a slight tint of green. looked and tasted just like hash. very good.
(2) when i used nothing but leaf trimmings it came out like powder and i put it in a cig wrapper wrapped it up tight and put a piece of tape around it and stuck it in the heel of my shoe. 1 hour later a piece of solid hash. not as good as the bud though.Hey man, you gotta know one thing man. Really nasty petrochems remain in the smoke and enter your body. This **** has all been identified as carcinogens to the max. If you do it, don't whine when an alien cancer starts growing on your balls.

Of course, smoking it from bud has all kinds of **** in it too.

I've heard a lot about the "Vaporizers". I'd sure like to hear some personal experiences on that.

Hey, ya gotta die of something, right? Has anyone ever died of nothing?

Can you imagine a health freak on his death bed saying; "Dying? Of WHAT?"

The haze one
02-03-2006, 02:50 AM
I've heard a lot about the "Vaporizers". I'd sure like to hear some personal experiences on that.
[QUOTE]StoneyBud

Yeah man ive hit a few differnt kinds of vaporizers. And all I have to say is Volcano, Valcano,Valcano...... that is the on and only vaporizer i would ever recomend. Its like 6 hundred or so american. **** thats expensive..... Any ways it only takes up to like a .5 of a choped up gram at a time.... I always put ruffly a .3 of a gram in . Then the sucker fills up like a 4 ft clear bag with vaporized smoke. Wow ! You simply suck in as much as you can and pass it off to the next person, it has like a mechinism on its mouth peice to prevent smoke from escaping...... and just kick back and keep brewing the suka and be prepared for a high like none other that last for ever. Its totally worth the money look into it and remeber all the other vaporizers suck and dont deliver .... so if your going to waste a hundred dollars on a crapy one you might as well invest the other 5 hundred and get the VOLCANO .... the best thing ever i cant shut up about it .... so there you have it Stoney

The haze one
02-03-2006, 02:08 PM
AHAHa, this thread has goten a lil off topic with the vaporizer talk, so any ways i made that hash man, and i'd have to say its right up there wit some of the better hash ive had, its not the best, but it gets me blazed, its just after 8 and ive just had a wake and bake with hash.... toooo goood. Thanks a lot Brother's Grunt, im making more as you are reading this... i have ruffly 6 Freezer Ziplock bags full of shake, you know the ones that hold like a pound of dope in em,

anyways im going to have a little stock pile of cheapy hash>how tight<
Ive read up on making hash and they never called your way of doing it making hash.... they did call it making hash oil...??? I dunno it just goes to show you that you cant trust every source of information thrown your direction. Especially with growing Dope eh?

Anyways take er ezz and stay high
the HAze1

Hick
02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
bro'grunt :)
By useing the solvent, you are extracting "essential oils" from the plant matter, thc being only one of those.
"Hash" making doesn't involve extracting or solvents.

Several methods have been employed over centuries to make hash. One of my fave's is to have nekked young virgins run through the feilds collecting the sticky on their bodies, but then one must find someone to "rub 'em up" to collect same. :D

Tumbler or screens where the pot is beaten, rolled or scraped on top and triches are collected from below has been used for centuries and is prolly the most common used still today.
Bubble bags, or similar products are the "state of the art" so to speak. Useing ice and water in conjunction with variuos sized mesh, to seperate several grades from each batch.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-03-2006, 02:57 PM
whats up Haze. glad to see everything came out ok for ya.:D

whats up Hick. i see what you are saying. i just thought i would toss another method out there that i seen on another forum. i seen several ways of making hash this being one of them. it works for me and its quick and easy. to each his own i guess.:)

Hick
02-03-2006, 03:15 PM
that is a good way to utilize leaf/trim, bro'g. I have made a good amount of it in a very similar way. If you're useing 'just' leaf, and plant matter without any fear of losing trichomes.
Try doing a soak in water for several hours, prior to the alcohol soak. Water will extract much of the chlorophyl and soluable sugars, makeing for a l'il better quality, final product. And since thc is not water soluable, no loss of potency. ;)

Water wash, drain, dry, then the alcohol wash.

puffadder
02-16-2006, 04:37 AM
I'm wondering if it would help to grind the leaves and/or buds in a coffee grinder before you pour the alcohol over it?

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-16-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm wondering if it would help to grind the leaves and/or buds in a coffee grinder before you pour the alcohol over it?i would just use your hands. you dont want it ground into powder or it will drain through the filter. you just want it broke apart.

truthxpride
02-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Well i tried this out with some mid grade **** and i don't know how, but something went wrong.

First off, i should let you know that i had to substitue the glass jar for a clear plastic Dixie cup. And the lid was a coaster.

We followed the instructions and came up with not hash, but wet tree. So we let it sit on a book with a heavy flat candle holder on top of it. I had heard that a step in making hash is applying pressure.

so can someone tell me what i did wrong?

oh yea and i used the recomended 70% iso

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Well i tried this out with some mid grade **** and i don't know how, but something went wrong.

First off, i should let you know that i had to substitue the glass jar for a clear plastic Dixie cup. And the lid was a coaster.

We followed the instructions and came up with not hash, but wet tree. So we let it sit on a book with a heavy flat candle holder on top of it. I had heard that a step in making hash is applying pressure.

so can someone tell me what i did wrong?

oh yea and i used the recomended 70% isohi. first thing you did wrong was using the plastic cup. what did it turn out like? was it wet or dry when you were done? sometimes it will turn out like tar, and sometimes it will be dry like powder. which did you get?

truthxpride
02-20-2006, 05:12 PM
I used the plastic cup and a coaster because that was the next best thing(apparently)

and as i said, the weed was just wet. not hash like at all.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-20-2006, 07:17 PM
I used the plastic cup and a coaster because that was the next best thing(apparently)

and as i said, the weed was just wet. not hash like at all.what do you mean the weed was just wet. did you strain it through a coffee filter? if you did everything correct you should have come up with either sticky tar or dry powder after scrapping it off your plate. (1) when you get the powder form take it put it in a plastic cig wrapper fold it up and put a piece of tape on it and put it in your shoe and walk around on it for a hour or so. when you take it out you should have a piece of hash. (2) when you get the sticky kind which is more like hash oil or tar just take a razor blade cut a piece and place it on some weed in a bowl or bong and hit that ****.

MMilitiaR
02-20-2006, 09:09 PM
id be sceptical, last time i checked, treying to smoke somthing that was introcued to butane was an accident waiting to happen...

spook313
02-20-2006, 09:41 PM
do the leaves/timmings have to be dried out before doing this? or could i take a leaves from living plants and try this?

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-20-2006, 09:48 PM
do the leaves/timmings have to be dried out before doing this? or could i take a leaves from living plants and try this?they have to be dry.

MMilitiaR
02-20-2006, 09:52 PM
youd want to do it wet^

MMilitiaR
02-20-2006, 09:53 PM
i was thinking extracting, my bad, grunts right...

spook313
02-21-2006, 01:43 AM
they have to be dry.thanks man. i'm probably gonna do that with the plants im growin now after i clone them.

truthxpride
02-22-2006, 02:50 AM
what do you mean the weed was just wet. did you strain it through a coffee filter? if you did everything correct you should have come up with either sticky tar or dry powder after scrapping it off your plate. (1) when you get the powder form take it put it in a plastic cig wrapper fold it up and put a piece of tape on it and put it in your shoe and walk around on it for a hour or so. when you take it out you should have a piece of hash. (2) when you get the sticky kind which is more like hash oil or tar just take a razor blade cut a piece and place it on some weed in a bowl or bong and hit that ****.

I did strain it throught the coffee filter. It wasn't completely dry, but wasn't wet. So after i strained it(or what i felt was straining..?) I was left withe still green tree that was just lightly staturated. No stickyness or tar like substance.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-22-2006, 08:39 AM
i cant figure out what you are doing wrong. everytime i have done it i came out with either tar or dry powder. what do you mean by green tree? the weed you used was it dry? ok after you put it through the coffee filters and drain the liquid onto the plate you throw the coffee filters and weed thats in it away and you let the liquid evaporate. you should have either a tar or powder. are you doing that?

truthxpride
02-22-2006, 10:06 PM
the only thing i can think of that i may have done wrong was not let it sit long enough. after i threw the filters away i let it sit on a book with a candle holder on top of it. No change in color(other than the natural green) no tar pouder and or dust. It was still smokable thank goodness, but it wasn't a pleasent smoke.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-23-2006, 08:46 AM
the only thing i can think of that i may have done wrong was not let it sit long enough. after i threw the filters away i let it sit on a book with a candle holder on top of it. No change in color(other than the natural green) no tar pouder and or dust. It was still smokable thank goodness, but it wasn't a pleasent smoke.i think i know what you did wrong. after you strained the weed through the filter you kept the weed. wrong throw the weed away and keep the liquid that comes through the filter this is where the hash comes from after the iso evaporates.

Hick
02-23-2006, 11:57 AM
i think i know what you did wrong. after you strained the weed through the filter you kept the weed.
I think you nailed that problem TBG..

truthxpride
02-26-2006, 03:35 PM
hmm well i guess that's it then. I'll try it again sometime.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-26-2006, 03:38 PM
hmm well i guess that's it then. I'll try it again sometime.whats up truthxpride. i will post some pics next week showing the exact process on how to make it. ;)

Stoney Bud
02-26-2006, 04:19 PM
hmm well i guess that's it then. I'll try it again sometime.I'm not sure you understand what you're looking for. When you are finished extracting the oils from the plant, you throw all of the plant matter away. You don't dry it, you don't keep it, and you sure don't smoke it.

You're looking for the oils that are in the solvent. You have to evaporate the solvent from the oils first. Just let it evaporate.

After it's all gone, you'll have the oil that contains the THC that makes you high.

It will be just a film on the dish that you can scrape up using a razor blade.

Do you understand now? I think you got off track there.......

alaskabud
02-26-2006, 10:50 PM
aahhh I'd also like to add: When you have your first kid, THROW AWAY THE AFTERBIRTH AND RAISE THE KID. Not the other way around. OK?

Mutt
02-26-2006, 10:53 PM
aahhh I'd also like to add: When you have your first kid, THROW AWAY THE AFTERBIRTH AND RAISE THE KID. Not the other way around. OK?

http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/3dlil/puke.gif I've heard tons of analogies, but that one takes the cake. :D

spook313
02-26-2006, 11:46 PM
this worked out very well. thanks, tbg.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
02-27-2006, 08:06 AM
this worked out very well. thanks, tbg.whats up spook313. glad everything worked out for ya. :D

TheBaconChef
03-03-2006, 05:06 AM
Im pretty interested in this method. I am a bit worried about the rubbing alcohol thing. That stuff couldnt be healthy but if so many people here have done it and your still posting its worth a try. I think this method might be the demise of my two males. Thanks for posting it. If I can get some 190 proof drinking alcohol I'd feel safer with that but i tihnk im gonna go for the rubbing alcohol first time to try it. later.

Mutt
03-04-2006, 03:43 AM
I thought I would throw this in thanks to stoney finding it.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3518.html

Better know your stuff before trying butane and other forms of Hash processing.

FireWeed
03-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Ok i just did everything so basically i have a light green liquid now is this right. HOw long will it take before i can smoke it?

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
03-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Ok i just did everything so basically i have a light green liquid now is this right. HOw long will it take before i can smoke it?thats right. do you have a small fan? if so just put the fan on it and it will help evaporate it faster. if not i would let it sit over night. once all the liquid evaporates take a razor blade and scrape it up and smoke it. i will put up some pics. i just made some today.

FireWeed
03-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Awesome thanks brothers grunt is ok to make this with just like a dime or should you be using alot. Im guesing however much weed you use just depends on how much rubbing alchohol you use right?

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
03-04-2006, 07:30 PM
yup. you dont want to put to much alcohol in, just enough to cover.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
03-04-2006, 07:43 PM
whats up everyone. i woke up today and the little grunt in the first pic wanted to make some hash. so i decided to take some pics of the process. just read the directions and look at the pics and you should be fine. also when doing this dont be around open FLAMES.:eek: just thought i would add that.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
03-04-2006, 07:50 PM
ran out of room. here are the rest of the pics. i hope they help. class dismissed. please leave a joint for the teacher.:D

gqone333
03-04-2006, 10:34 PM
great job b grunt all i need is some cofee filters and ill be on my way

truthxpride
03-05-2006, 02:01 AM
i see it all now! how many grams did you use and how much iso did you add? I am willing to try this again because i have been really trying to find some hash for a first time experience.

Hick
03-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Hashish (often shortened to hash, and also referred to by countless slang terms such as **** or chocolate) is a psychoactive drug derived from the Cannabis sativa plant. It is solid, of varying hardness and pliability, softening under heat. Its colour can vary from reddish brown to black, and can also be greenish or golden. It is usually smoked in pipes, and sometimes in joints mixed with tobacco or Cannabis buds. It can also be added to cookies or other food and ingested. Hash is used for its relaxing and mind-altering effects. Many people have claimed that using it gives them great insights.
Hashish is comprised of the compressed trichomes collected from the leaves and flowers of a mature, flowering Cannabis plant. Certain strains of Cannabis are cultivated specifically for their ability to produce large quantities of trichomes, and are thus called hash plants. Trichomes are small glandular hairs containing plant resins which appear on the leaves and stems of the Cannabis plant.

Hash oil is a solution of tetrahydrocannabinol, but is a misnomer in suggesting any resemblance to hashish. It is made out of cannabis and is very potent due to its high THC concentration, which generally varies between 15 and 20%, but can reach 60 to 70% in some cases.
Usage

Hash oil is most often dropped on a cigarette or a joint, or it is mixed in food (such as space cakes or bhang).

Production

Hash oil is produced by allowing a solvent to dissolve the psychoactive cannabinoids that are present in marijuana. These cannabinoids remain behind when the solvent is subsequently evaporated, leaving a relatively pure, high-potency form of marijuana.The color and odor of the resulting extract will vary, depending on the type of solvent used. Current samples of hash oil, a viscous liquid ranging from amber to dark brown in color, average about 15 percent tetrahydrocannabinol.

Various solvents are suitable for the production of hash oil. Isopropyl alcohol, petroleum ether, and acetone are three commonly used solvents. Supercritical fluid extraction methods using various volatile compressed gases are also rumored to be used.

Butane is advantageous to use as it has a boiling point of −0.6 °C (31 ° F), meaning that it will fully evaporate when left for long enough at room temperature. Butane is cheap and widely available in the form of 'lighter refill' cans. Butane also has the advantage of not dissolving the chlorophyll component of whole cannabis - it dissolves mainly the psychoactive resins. Drawbacks include the risk of explosion associated with large volumes of butane gas, and the possibility of contaminants in the butane or the extraction vessel. BHO, or butane hash oil is a common term for the output produced by butane extraction of cannabis. "Purging" of the product or further processing is highly suggested in order to remove any trapped butane/solvent(s).

Ad1
03-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks for this thread,

I bought some 5 litres of 99.9% isopropyl alcohol for about 15 pounds on ebay

I've done the process and been evaporating for a week now,

Rubbed some on a ciggarette and it was great....

Although the oil is very unmanagable, i'm gonna try and put it in a little jar

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
whats up Ad1. glad to see the process worked out for ya. ;) it is a pain in the *** to work with once you get it made. i just leave mine on a plate.

Hick
03-08-2006, 06:38 PM
a little hint for handling it. Once it is fully purged, it should be relatively thick. If not, cool it in the fridge. Flatten the end of a small rod, such as a "poker" rod (short 4" piece of clothes hanger) with a hammer, so it makes a 'spoon' of sort on one end.
You can then collect the oil on he flat spoon shape by rolling it in the oil. Get the collected portion over your "little jar" and apply heat to the rod above the oil, between the oil and where your holding it. The rod heating releases the oil..."drip". There's 'one drop...;)

Stoney Bud
03-08-2006, 09:10 PM
a little hint for handling it. Once it is fully purged, it should be relatively thick. If not, cool it in the fridge. Flatten the end of a small rod, such as a "poker" rod (short 4" piece of clothes hanger) with a hammer, so it makes a 'spoon' of sort on one end.
You can then collect the oil on he flat spoon shape by rolling it in the oil. Get the collected portion over your "little jar" and apply heat to the rod above the oil, between the oil and where your holding it. The rod heating releases the oil..."drip". There's 'one drop...;)I use a paper clip. Works great. Just unfold it, bend over about a 1/4 inch of it and scrape up some oil. Then do as Hick said and heat the paper clip above the oil and you'll see the oil become thinner and move down to the end and drop off.

gqone333
03-08-2006, 09:42 PM
b grunt,ive been drying the hash in the plate .i only had it ,under a fan ,for 5 hours and let it, air dry for 3 days ,this is how it lookd ,still looks like achol, but its sticky ,should i dry it, under the fan ,somemore ,or is it okay,to scrape it

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
03-08-2006, 09:56 PM
that looks very green. did you let your weed dry out good before you did it? also if you let it dry for 3 days all the alcohol should be gone. can you still feel alcohol on your plate? or is it all sticky?

gqone333
03-09-2006, 01:53 AM
all sticky

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
03-09-2006, 08:32 AM
scrape it up and see what you got.

gqone333
03-09-2006, 02:20 PM
i sais **** it and smoked last night,kidda gave me a headache though,but it went away quick

GreenDayGirl
03-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Here is that picture of the finished product. (well the first go around) I'll have it down to an art form soon, I'm "anal" that way! Thanks again man!;) By the way...you photograph really well! Do you take after your mother or father? (Ha!Ha!)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
03-21-2006, 11:12 AM
whats up GreenDayGirl. glad to see everything worked out for ya. i would also like to thank you for your kind words, and yes i take after my mother as far as photography. http://www.smileys.ws/smls/laughing/00000002.gif

GreenDayGirl
03-22-2006, 03:46 AM
You're welcome, you really deserve it. I like what you have to say..it either gets me thinking or makes me laugh. Thanks for the entertainment value. Thats a really old sweatshirt.

ReaferCheifer26
04-04-2006, 12:47 AM
hey guys i saw brothers grunt's thread and went and got a quater of bud and did the hash procedure.. im just waiting now for the rest of the alcohol to evaporate

Do u think that pin head of hash is good enough to get me ripped? or am i gunan need a bigger ball.. i just straped that up from teh bottom of teh bowl where the hash more solid as of now.. its dried out and looks nice would vaporing or smoking on sum bud be best? if this is enough... Peace.. im so excited to scrape it all up!!!

ReaferCheifer26
04-04-2006, 12:57 AM
heres the pics bought to go test the smal blob on sum small amount of weed i guesse

ReaferCheifer26
04-04-2006, 01:24 AM
i vaporized that small stuff with a small bit of leaves fro a bud and it got me desentl y stoned so far hell ya!.. i cant wait for it all to dry id say about another hour :(

drfting07
04-10-2006, 11:55 PM
hehe..nice b grunt! ur hash off a hot knife is heaven! thx a bunch for this thread! STICKY THIS!!!

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
04-11-2006, 08:17 AM
hehe..nice b grunt! ur hash off a hot knife is heaven! thx a bunch for this thread! STICKY THIS!!!Whats up drfting. Glad you liked it. http://www.smileys.ws/smls/messages/00000002.gif

drfting07
04-16-2006, 05:29 AM
only prob i found was my dish was hard to scrape so 20% was still on the pan when it was all said and done...oh well 4/20 is comin up so i have an excuse to make a big batch this time!!!

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
04-16-2006, 07:49 AM
only prob i found was my dish was hard to scrape so 20% was still on the pan when it was all said and done...oh well 4/20 is comin up so i have an excuse to make a big batch this time!!!Whats up drfting07. The reason you had a hard time getting the oil up was you need a clean razor blade. You can only scrape up so much with one razor blade then it just slides. When this happens just get a new blade and you should have no problem getting the rest up.

drfting07
04-16-2006, 07:37 PM
ic..well first time hash making went pretty well considering..i was stoned like i used to be when i first started smoking!

Useless
04-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Bro Grunt - Good explaination of of QWISO (Quick Wash Iso).
I have found that the shorter the rinse time the better. You don't want the green tint you described. That's chlorophyll. The reason for doing the quick rinse is to extract the oils, not the chlor. I rinse for about one minute, and strain the the leaf matter as I poor the alchohol into the filter. That way the green material is not in contact with the alchohol for more than one minute. Ya follow? It takes a while to drain so for that reason I use only one filter.
I have also found it very beneficial to freeze the alchohol and trim or buds when using this method. I believe the chemical reaction that draws out the chlorophyll takes place at a slower rate at colder temps, helping you get a cleaner finished product. And lastly the higher percentage of Iso alchohol you get, the better. I found Rite-Aid carries 91% Iso, which means less water to evap.
:)
Anyone else from KICC on these boards?
My last batch of QWISO. 5.4 grams of pure heaven.
http://www.growkind.com/gallery/data/509/medium/H_017.jpg

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
06-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Thought i would give this a bump.

naturalhi
07-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Bro Grunt - Good explaination of of QWISO (Quick Wash Iso).
I have found that the shorter the rinse time the better. You don't want the green tint you described. That's chlorophyll. The reason for doing the quick rinse is to extract the oils, not the chlor. I rinse for about one minute, and strain the the leaf matter as I poor the alchohol into the filter. That way the green material is not in contact with the alchohol for more than one minute. Ya follow? It takes a while to drain so for that reason I use only one filter.
I have also found it very beneficial to freeze the alchohol and trim or buds when using this method. I believe the chemical reaction that draws out the chlorophyll takes place at a slower rate at colder temps, helping you get a cleaner finished product. And lastly the higher percentage of Iso alchohol you get, the better. I found Rite-Aid carries 91% Iso, which means less
water to evap.
:)
Anyone else from KICC on these boards?
My last batch of QWISO. 5.4 grams of pure heaven.
http://www.growkind.com/gallery/data/509/medium/H_017.jpg

I wondered when someone would mention this, the greener the solution the more clorophyl and essential oils there will be, when first trying this method solution came out nearly black.

Hick, great expl. of hash v hash oil, could it also be said that hash is trics with walls intact that are pressed together in thier natural state?

By the same token hash oil seems to indicate that the trics walls are broken down by solvent and flow together as an oil?

B. Grunt; I've tried this method found a couple probs, one the darn stuff just won't dry out had the last batch sittin in front of furnace air duct for weeks and it never dried like above, I'm wondering if humidity has something to do with it? and the other is I found that the coffee filters get plugged quite easily, and it's too icky to squeeze them out, so i found an inexpensive lab filter the kind you put a little vacuum on the flask and pulls the fluid right through, voila, no sticky fingers, and with seperate action with new Vodka or other tasty alcoholic beverage, rince the flask and save resulting fluid to add to a solution, for Green Dragon (used as normal mixer) or a tincture (thicker yet) for afternoon tea, or cooking! (yum) when used to cook there's no mj roughage that many folks find distasteful!

Great thread!:D

skunk
07-10-2006, 01:11 AM
a clean white teeshirt works well also.

BigBruce420
09-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Alright, so you use the buds and its the trichs and whatnot that make the hash. I have a male plant, indica, my only plant. I have grown this thing for over 2 months now, and I heard I can make hash from it. For the rubbing alcohol method, do I use the leaves and the flowers? should i use the balls of the plant before they turn into flowers?

Also I've heard there are ways to make hash without the rubbing alcohol, like with a frozen blender. Can I use that method to make hash with a male plant or is the isopropyl way the only way to go? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Mutt
09-08-2006, 12:02 PM
An X-member here by the name of slowhand provided a how to for ice hash. but..THC is alcohol soluable. In my opinion, the ISO wash would be the best rout. Soak that whole thing. Stems and all. Get what little ya can outa it. The alcohol should leave a lot of unwanted material behind.

BigBruce420
09-08-2006, 08:04 PM
So just cut the whole plant and soak the whole damn thing? Should I cut it up or grind it after I dry? When is a good time to pull the plant out and start drying it? i'm at 2 months and one week.

Darth BongWongDong
09-26-2006, 03:43 PM
lol...wet soggy weed..hahaha...she is lucky that candle did not ignite the iso.....Remember this!.....If you use flame or heat with iso...does not matter how much you use, you have just added the main key to the fuel mixture, and if you have the correct air/spark/fuel mixture...KABOOM....you will get burnt bad. A few young greedy sith in the city were doing it in a garage a few weeks back. They used a hot plate...and of course it exploded, all 4 of them 2nd degree burns all over body, burnt the garage down, will be like grounded for life when they recover and prob have to wear vader suits. DONT USE HEAT, ITS DANGEROUS AND KILLS THC.....FROZEN ICE IS PROB THE BEST AND YOU COULD SHAKE THAT IN A LARGE JAR IF NEED BE......and yes the term frozen ice sounds stupid, just wanted to clarify that it wasnt iso.......

jb247
09-30-2006, 04:16 AM
Thank you all...I've been searching the web for awhile now and I have to say that this thread is the most comprehensive I've found concerning the QWIso method of extraction. Now I've got a question for you all...I have quite a bit of trim from a couple of grows and have done a couple of runs of ISO recently...I only use 99% iso in a one minute wash and even then I get a product that I can handle quite easily...so anyway, my question...would I benefit from doing a water cure of my trim, drying it and then doing the ISO wash? My thinking is that a water cure would wash away alot of the chlorophyll from the material and would give me a cleaner tasting end product.

Peace...j.b.

jb247
09-30-2006, 04:28 AM
Oh yeah, I should mention a couple of other things here...I do things a bit differently than I've read here...I run the ISO thru a double filter system using one regular paper coffee filter that is inside a permanent gold screened permanent coffee filter. When I'm through straining it I put it in a 9"X12" pyrex baking dish, this has rounded corners, making it easier to get everything that is left in the dish. I also use an electric heating pad, under the pyrex, set on low heat to do the evaporation work quicker.

Remember, THIS WHOLE PROCESS CAN BE DANGEROUS...NO OPEN FLAME!

Sorry to yell...but that part is extremly important. Do it outside if at all possible, if not use plenty of ventilation. Just can't emphasize this enough.

Peace...j.b.

skunk
10-01-2006, 02:25 AM
yeap your right jb . i know 2 people that has had heating pads catch on fire on them and 1 had her head on it sleeping.

jb247
10-01-2006, 10:17 PM
I've read elsewhere that the finished ISO should be purged prior to use...does
anyone know what this means? How to do it properly...benefits?

Thanx

Peace...j.b.

Fiction
10-01-2006, 11:16 PM
i made some iso...i smoked it..it was great..thanks TBG

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
10-02-2006, 09:09 AM
i made some iso...i smoked it..it was great..thanks TBGGlad everything worked out for ya Fiction. A friend of ours stopped over with all of his trim and we made about 7 grams of killer ISO for him. Let me just say he will be bringing all of his trim to us from now on. ;)

Mr. Bud
12-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Wife got some wet bud's from someone and she left them in the baggy.. Went to hit that and guess what? It was growing hair man; white fuzzy hair...... Almost made me sick..

Looks like I'll be making some oil, tar, or dust.. cool..

See ya dudes...... :bugger:

WubDaBuds
01-03-2007, 07:18 PM
I used TBG method for resin extraction -

cured the male "tops" by themselves ...

quick dryed the other 80% of the male's leaves...

soaked in bottled water for 24 hours...

quick dryed them - something like 3 Oz. of leaf....

90% ISO soak for 2 minutes and filter into glass pryex dish...

let evaporate and scrape with razor...

apply the "GOO" to the male tops that have been slow cured...

Worked out to be a nice mellow stone, with a pleasent taste for leaf. Burns nice and slow because of the oil+cure.

LaserKittensGoPewPew
03-20-2007, 05:28 PM
is it safe to use the rubbing alcohol? That **** is poison to drink. I gues when it evaporates away it's ok though? I dunno man...I think I'm going to stick with using the screen bags and cold water. This is a very easy method though which is why it's so appealing.

Mr. Bud
03-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Laser, can you write down the step's for that method.. I have been using the ISO mythod for awhile now just becuase I don't know any other way. I saw a thried a while back where they talked about the ISO being bad for you. I guess the trick is to make sure it evaperates completely. If it doesn't, then you could harm yourself..

I am pretty new to the extraction process, any other methods would be great to read about.

LaserKittensGoPewPew
03-20-2007, 06:08 PM
theres one where you use these bags that have fine screens at the bottom. They come in different sizes. I think it's the bubble bag method. Not sure if they're the same. But each bag has a different size screen. You take a bucket and put the biggest screen in first. Then you add your leaf cuttings into the first bag and pour ice water into it. let that sit (i forget how long) and stir it up a bit. when it strains out you should have a greenish water that has all the trichs in it. You then take the first back and put it inside the next bag that has a little bit finer screen. Pour the water into it. Once the water has drained into the bucket take the 1st bag out of the 2nd and using a spoon, scoop up the hash and put it on a plate to dry. Then you keep repeating this process with the gradually finer screened bags and you should come out with some really nice grade hash in the end. I saw an awesome video on how to do this. I have to try and see if I can find it for you.

edit: found the video on youtube where I saw it. Search under "how to make hash". The video is by Jorge Cervante.

Useless
03-21-2007, 03:57 PM
You have to evaporate all the iso. Then there is no chance of it harming you. The iso will evap faster than the water (90% iso contains 10% water). So really, the last of the moisture is just plain water.

marcnh
03-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I just got through using the iso method. I had some dry schwag laying around and really wasnt that much. I was surprised at the amount of oil I got out of it. The result was a very sticky black tar. I couldnt find 90% iso so I used 70% and it got the job done. However I don't know if the yeild would be higher with 90%. Tip - after scraping to get the last bit of oil off the dish, add a few drops of iso to the dish and scrape again. I'd hate to waste any. Also iso on a paper towel works well if you need to clean the dish.:headbang:

noodles
04-04-2007, 02:04 PM
I tried the I so method the other day. I used 1/2 oz. of male leaves and some stem I got out of some really good smoke and put them in a tubberware dish. Poured the Iso 91% over the material and let it sit for 36 hours. Then I poured the liquid through 6 different coffee filters and let the liquid drain back into the tubberware. Then I let the liquid evaporate for another 2 days. I was left with a pea sized black ball of tary material with a hint of green to it. I have not smoked it yet, Im going to try it tonite.:aok:

Later:cool:

Useless
04-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Noodles -
Try a QWISO run. (Quick Wash ISO) where you only let the green material soak for 2 minutes or less. You end up with a much higher quality product.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
04-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Noodles -
Try a QWISO run. (Quick Wash ISO) where you only let the green material soak for 2 minutes or less. You end up with a much higher quality product.I would have to agree 100% with ya Useless. We did a few quick runs last week and you can tell the stuff is way better. ;)

noodles
04-05-2007, 11:11 PM
I tried it again with 1 oz. of leaves and let it sit in the alcohol for about 5 minutes then strained it with the coffee filters. Looks like I do have a lot more, but I did use twice the leaves. Ill let you know how it smokes tomorrow.

Useless
04-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Looking forward to hearing the results. :aok:

Ataraxia
04-16-2007, 06:28 AM
I save all my stems from bud as many people likely do, and this very method is how I make use of every last gram of product that is paid for. I have done this a few times, with great results every time. I've heard that you can use everclear (95% ethanol alcohol) which may be safer for consumption seeing as it's meant to be orally consumed (although it burns like something fierce when doing shots of it) I like to pancacke a flattened ball of the gooey hash-oil between layers of bud. It seems to burn a lil better, and that way you can get the bowl rolling and not have to apply flame directly to the hash which will make it burn much faster and is a bit of a waste. I've also heard that good hash, or hash-oil bubbles as it's heated, which is really neat to watch. Great post TBG!

crintonator
04-17-2007, 02:14 AM
hi everyone sorry to post in the iso hash section but a lot of people were wondering about the screen method. Ready Set Grow is the best video ive ever seen for this outlining the exact method start to finish with were to get the materials from. Just youtube or torrent or limewire for free i think you can buy it at hightimes

PoisonRice
04-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Hey all try Activated Charcol filtration right before you evap it.
I do it to all my ISO's. I usually let buds/leaves soak for about 30mins (with aggitation) and pass the alcohol solution though rinsed activated charcol for fish tanks. Cleans out a lot of toxins and what not. Activated Charcol is natures way (best way) of natural filtration. The end product is a bit orange/red in color before scraping as compared to dark green. Smoke is better and much more smoother.

PR

PoisonRice
04-17-2007, 08:14 AM
I also noticed a lot of people here are air drying Rubbing alcohol.
I mean yes its the "safest" way and what not but it will take a least 30hr for a nice batch to even be close to done.

I have used, still am using heating devices to get my ISO done.
I have had accidental fires on the BBQ a couple times but nothing I cant control...

My favorite method now (safest too) is the electic plate. I just put a nice sized pryex plate on a small portable electric stove on the lowest setting. Add the alki solution in and wait. After about 20mins it should be steaming with alcohol vapors (different from water) and in about 10 mins it should just be water plus hash oil...

Take the plate off and let it air cool, during that time the water will soon evaperate also. Leaving you will nice semi-dry oil. Add a little kiff and roll a big all. Just take a chunk out and smoke it.

Enjoy,
PR

Jbong
04-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Just wondering, whats the worst that can happen if u dont dry your leaves out before you do it

Useless
04-17-2007, 09:00 PM
You can do QWISO while the material is still wet. Won't cause you any problems. I also recommend freezing the material and iso prior to the rinse. It seems to come out cleaner than dry material. I think the chemical reaction that draws out the chlorophyll takes place much slower at colder temps. So, using frozen trim/bud gets you all the essential oils, with no chlorophyll.
I would NOT use wet material or freeze it if you're gonna do BHO. You get too much moisture in the tube.

Jbong
04-17-2007, 09:31 PM
ok thanks, I didnt think there would be a difference since you are saturating them with iso anyway, just a lil more water content. I soaked my leaves in water for about an hour first to take a bit of the chlorophyl out. I have about two plates full evaping right now.

Uk1
04-19-2007, 03:48 AM
right say i use this iso method exactly how is stated , when it comes to leaving it do i store it in a cold place considering my house is always hotter than normal room temperature or what??

Useless
04-19-2007, 04:59 AM
It's best to store it in a cool, dark environment, just like you would store buds. Since THC degrades with light and heat, you want to eliminate those factors from your storage area, whether it's storing buds or hash.
In other words, you should store your hash/oils in the same place you store your greens.

Uk1
04-19-2007, 11:08 PM
that's cool thx for the reply "useless"

Useless
04-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Ey up clart.

cjf2612
05-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Dry them dude

TruTHC
05-03-2007, 08:49 PM
hi all, i just finished reading this whole thread, very interesting. i have 6 2mo old plant and was flowering for 20 days but didnt see any sex, its prolly from heat stress. SB say they almost stop growing when its 95+ degree. thats prolly my problem. but anyway, i had to get rid of all my plants and clean up all the evidence. i thought about burning them or dump it somewhere far. but someone mention try QWISO. so i'm wondering will i get hash oil from my 6 plants that haven't show any sign of sex? well, i think im gonna try QWISO anyway cuz i went so far with my grow. i just took it out of the DWC system and laid them all in a cardboard box drying em out. so i should dry them out first then crush the leaves and stem then put it in a jar with ISO and shake then filter? great thread BTW!

EDIT: You can do QWISO while the material is still wet. Won't cause you any problems. I also recommend freezing the material and iso prior to the rinse. what should i freeze and wut u mean by rise? Thanks for advice

RatherBBurnin
05-25-2007, 05:32 AM
Whats good,
I only made it to page 6 of this thread because its getting late... but im looking for some advice... i have about 5 pounds of shake/stems/large stock.. basically and entire outdoor grow... the buds from these plants were harvested either a bit early.. or they just werent grown properly..... there is a lot of big leaf as well as little leaf (bud) shake however....

Do you feel the bubble bag method would yield a decent amount taking into consideration the quality of the buds... or would i be best to use an iso method...

Also the quick wash i understand prevents the other plant chemicals from being in your oil.. hence making a lighter colored product... however.. would you gain a higher yield by letting the shake soak longer in the iso???

Cheers

stonedsmithy
05-25-2007, 10:15 AM
yeah mate the longer you leave it the more oil ya gonna get but its just crap,over here in nz we call it greenie or comercial ya gotta smoke a heap of it to get a lil stoned an it tastes like arse cozz its got all the (LANGUAGE EDIT. PLEASE, NO CURSING ON THIS SITE) stuff from the plant matter aswell hence the more dark green colour to it.When i brew i use 2-4 litres per pound soak it for no longer than 5mins an usally get around 42 caps or a large kinda suprise cap full of nice honey oil.I cook the iso off though because otherwise sitting it somewhere it would take weeks in weeks for the iso to vaporise off.When cooking it out it only takes around a hour an half

Uk1
05-26-2007, 12:10 PM
the bubble bag method would be more yield than iso

RatherBBurnin
05-26-2007, 05:54 PM
the bubble bag method would be more yield than iso

Does that apply even if the shake and stems are not high quality...
I have like 5 lbs of leaf,shake and stems/stocks.... it just doesnt seems like there is much crystal to start with..

The Dude
05-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Hello,
I use TBG's method but substitute Vodka for ISO (rubbing Alcohol). works like a charm every time.

HYDRO333
06-07-2007, 11:34 PM
spook313 first of all to make hash with leaves u need alot of leaves and by takin that of a LIVING PLANT will kill it for sure cause thats how they get there energy so if you wanna make hash out of leaves my suggestin is wait intill its ready and then harvest the bud and with all of the leaves that are left over u can make hash with but they cannot be wet they have to be bone dry to make the hash. BUT I COULD BE WRONG. but i know you cannot use leafs right off a living plant and it would be stupid to do so.

Lonewolf
06-19-2007, 10:44 PM
:cool:hello all. i see there are not to many threads on making hash so i thought i would start another. you will need the following items:

1) clean jar with lid
2) isopropyl rubbing alcohol
3) coffee filters
4) plate or glass pan
5) bud or leaf trimmings
6) razor blade

First you want to take your bud & leaf trimmings crush them up and place in bottom of jar. Then take your iso and fill the jar up 1 to 2 inches over your bud & leaf trimmings. Put the lid on the jar and shake well for 2 minutes. Get your plate or glass pan and coffee filters. Take 3 or 4 filters put them together and dump your mixture into the filters. Be sure to try and fold the top of the filters together after adding the mixture this will prevent your filters from letting your liquid drip out the top. Let all the liquid drain through the filters onto the plate or glass pan. once this is done let the iso evaporate in the plate or pan and there you have it. Take your razor blade and scrape the hash from the plate or pan and its time to smoke. REMEMBER the better the bud and trimmings the better your hash will be. any questions please email me. ENJOY:p

How dry are is your stuff before processing?

Lonewolf
06-19-2007, 10:51 PM
yeah mate the longer you leave it the more oil ya gonna get but its just crap,over here in nz we call it greenie or comercial ya gotta smoke a heap of it to get a lil stoned an it tastes like arse cozz its got all the (LANGUAGE EDIT. PLEASE, NO CURSING ON THIS SITE) stuff from the plant matter aswell hence the more dark green colour to it.When i brew i use 2-4 litres per pound soak it for no longer than 5mins an usally get around 42 caps or a large kinda suprise cap full of nice honey oil.I cook the iso off though because otherwise sitting it somewhere it would take weeks in weeks for the iso to vaporise off.When cooking it out it only takes around a hour an half

Hi!
How dry is your stuff before you process it and what's the proportion of Iso to bud?

stonedsmithy
06-20-2007, 03:16 AM
dry as dont try it when ya leaf is still wet.For a pound a leaf ill use 4 litres,what ever that is in gallons i dont know might be 3.5litres to a gallon or something,an yeah i usally just use leaf id rather smoke my bud but if i got males or hermies ill use that to

Lonewolf
06-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Like I said on my thread, did the "Ice Cream Man" chuck his stuff in his terrace pools wet or was he air drying for a week or two before (re: "Soft Secrets" article)?

KADE
06-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I think you guys are a lil off topic or are confused on what you are talking about....

If you are using bubblebags, ice, or buckets and powerdrills... ur making hash....
If you are using a solvent... like... Iso, vodka, 151, butane or whatever... ur making hash oil. Once the walls of the trichomes are broken down it isnt normal 'hash' nemore.
Honey oil is another topic... I can't find anyone that knows exactly what they are talking about when it comes to honey oil... it seems to be a lost technique in my neck of the woods. I'm assuming it comes down to a lot of filtering? anyone know? a nice pm wouldn't be too bad.

kindbudcocky
06-30-2007, 08:07 PM
ANYONE EVER USE 100% ACETONE??????????????????????????
It all 100% evaporates completely and your left with nothing but what you're doing this for!!!!
Respond Please

Kamelreds
08-14-2007, 07:04 PM
just a quick question i'm going to be doing this with 3 large male plants what do you recommend i sub the glass jar with since all three plants won't fit in a glass jar or should i put it in several glass jars ?

HippyInEngland
08-14-2007, 07:59 PM
your comment >>> ANYONE EVER USE 100% ACETONE??????????????????????????
It all 100% evaporates completely and your left with nothing but what you're doing this for!!!!
Respond Please

its used as a nail varnish remover and used for making plastic etc etc, you want thr remains of its evaporate in your body?

read this .....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone

ljjr
08-17-2007, 01:31 PM
i just made did my 1st run of the iso, i have a question, all the liquid is now evaporated what i have left now is a goldish black stickness on the bottom of my pyrex do i just scrape this up with the razor? here is a pic of what is left

Stoney Bud
08-17-2007, 01:38 PM
i just scrape this up with the razor?

Yes.

Be careful man.

Enjoy the high!

ljjr
08-17-2007, 01:41 PM
thanks for the quick response stoney! i appreciate it!

Pot Belly
08-17-2007, 05:16 PM
of oil last night. Was made out of 100% of sativa bud.

It launched me to another world..... I was ripped for 3 hours off 3 hits of it on top of some bud. When I do this, I plan on staying put for a while.......;)

Here's what it looked like......... Some of it was the color of honey before I scraped it all together.

Wish I could share a toke for real...................:) It's yummy!

Mr. Bud
10-06-2007, 03:16 PM
I like it... The wife and I moved a few months ago, had to cross the boarder into Canada and than into the U.S. We were pretty freaked about crossing with our stash, so I used this method, made oil, put it into several Carmex containers and we passed through like no big deal... It burns for ever and when mixed with some dried out shake, very nice to smoke...

Mr. Bud
10-06-2007, 03:21 PM
One more thing that I found when I did this... I would put in a batch of the liquid form, let it sit until all the ISO evaporated, than I put in another batch without scraping what was in the plate... I actually did about 4 batches of ISO liquid in one sitting... What it did was make a hell of a lot of goo in the plate. It made it much easier to scrape the plate; the basic handling of the goo was a lot easier... Just a note...

Stoney Bud
10-06-2007, 03:25 PM
of oil last night. Was made out of 100% of sativa bud.

It launched me to another world..... I was ripped for 3 hours off 3 hits of it on top of some bud.

Wish I could share a toke for real!

Congrats on your oil, man!!!!

Yes, it sure is great to have a weed/oil mix to smoke. If you use world class weed to make your oil and then mix it with world class weed to smoke it, there is NOBODY on the planet that has better smoke!

The best thing I ever did was to make an entire pound of weed into oil. I got 100 grams of oil and I mix it with Aurora Indica every time I smoke now. What an incredible high!

You've done an excellent job on your grow and made some fine oil. Now you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Lookin Great!

HippyInEngland
10-07-2007, 03:02 PM
I made this oil using butane ~ VERY DANGEROUS AND I DO NOT ADVISE YOU TRY IT~ right, the warning over, its the same as ISO more or less, it ends up with the same product ~~ here is what i do~~~~ I get the resulting product and it is EXTREMELY POTENT ~~ I mix it with 75% pure virgin olive oil and 25% hash oil, I then have a liquid mix, this mix is used to to cook with mostly, but I have a tip for you cigarette smokers ~~ take a matchstick or similar blunt ended item and dip it in the oil, you then dab it down your cigarette making oil spots on it, the oil soaks in the paper and tobacco and as you walk the street, your smoking a 'normal' cigarette, understand what im getting at?

Pot Belly
10-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Congrats on your oil, man!!!!

The best thing I ever did was to make an entire pound of weed into oil. I got 100 grams of oil and I mix it with Aurora Indica every time I smoke now. What an incredible high!

You've done an excellent job on your grow and made some fine oil. Now you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Lookin Great!

Yes your Aurora Indica and hash oil thread has definetely been a big hit. I hope to grow some of your NV Aurora Indica.

I just finished up a batch of oil this morning. I will have some to smoke tonight. I got a lot of trichs in this batch. I used trimmings from a harvest, and shook the crud out if it for 10 minutes. The trimmings did not soak for days like I usually do. I did not use a coffee filter this time, I found the trichs clog up the filter and get wasted. Was able to separate the solids from the ISO with a spoon.

The color is very light green and full of trichs due to the short soak.......

I thoroughly enjoy smoking my oil. I have found that I mix it with weed and keep it in a glass jar. It is very dark and moist, but loose and not stuck together - like pipe smoking tobacco. I use a horseradish jar to keep it in - just the perfect size. The consistancy of it keeps me from getting a big mess of goo on my fingers and smoking utensil. It also burns more smooth because it's soaked into the pot. I had problems with the oil bubbling over and plugging up my pipe or bong when I would just glop it on my bud.......

PB:)

Stoney Bud
10-07-2007, 04:35 PM
I have found that I mix it with weed and keep it in a glass jar. It is very dark and moist, but loose and not stuck together - like pipe smoking tobacco. The consistancy of it keeps me from getting a big mess of goo on my fingers and smoking utensil. It also burns more smooth because it's soaked into the pot. I had problems with the oil bubbling over and plugging up my pipe or bong when I would just glop it on my bud.......

Same here man. I had to keep cleaning my pipe or bong to clear it from the oil crusting it. When I mix it as you do, that problem goes away.

Plus, it makes the weed last a loooonnnggggg time. One toke stuff.

Pot Belly
10-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I have a tip for you cigarette smokers ~~ take a matchstick or similar blunt ended item and dip it in the oil, you then dab it down your cigarette making oil spots on it, the oil soaks in the paper and tobacco and as you walk the street, your smoking a 'normal' cigarette, understand what im getting at?

Hey Hippy -

Back in the day when I did smoke cigs, I did that. One day, I was walking around in a car lot looking at cars and smoking my oil soaked cig. Was all by my lonesome in the sun having a great time in a concrete jungle of cars.......

Well, I'm minding my business, when a dude who was detailing one of the cars, popped his head up and yelled to me, "Hey man, that's some good chit, man! It smell goooooood!" But he was a good 200 ft away. I was made! Cold blooded busted, but I was lucky that time. He woulda taken a hit or two I'm sure......:p Was being a dumb kid and carrying too much weed that day. So I was outa there......

So be careful, you can't fool a nose that knows........ Your innocent looking oilly cigarette still smells like wacky weed in a crowd.

Kenwood guy
10-24-2007, 08:22 AM
how much oil can you get with a dub sack???

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Whats a dub sack? Sorry but i'm an old fart. :p Would that be like a $10 bag or a gram or something? how much oil can you get with a dub sack???

Mr.Unsleep
10-24-2007, 08:33 PM
how much oil can you get with a dub sack???

Probly an 1/8th or 3.5 grams. I've never made oil yet, so I dunno how much that would make.

Cook_
10-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Dub is a gram

Stoney Bud
10-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Dub is a gram

Why is a gram of weed called a Dub?

Celebrity Bob
10-25-2007, 10:37 AM
it's not, a dub is a 20 bag or 2.0 grams. Dub is referred to anything that is 20, originated from the rims, "dubs" or 20" rims. around where i live a dub can be a 20 bag of rock or soft (crack or coke) or weed or anything for that matter. why dont you smoke your oil out of an oil pipe, for like opium or something? Oh yeah and FIY there is a magazine called "Dub" it's about cars with 20" rims.

Cook_
10-27-2007, 12:52 AM
Dub refers 2 a 20 sack and 1 gram is official for most clubs in california but it doesnt have 2 be 1 gram exactly usaually goes up 2 1.4 depending on type of bud you get?

Mr.Unsleep
10-27-2007, 04:28 AM
Guess it varies a bit. I get a "dub" at $20 with 3.5 grams in it. Shrug. Granted it's just schwag, but still. I don't weigh it all the time, just eyeball it. And I know it's already a pretty good deal, so I'm not in fashion to complain about a few 1/10ths of a gram being off.

Either way, 1, 2, or 3.5 grams isnt going to yeild much for oil, which was the original question I believe. But- I was thinking, if you havent tried this yet- it's a small amount to practice with.

So I'll put my money were my mouth is and try this myself soon and post how much I get =)

Stoney Bud
10-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Actually, I'm more interested in why the term "Dub" is used.

What does the word "Dub" mean?

Double? If so, double what? Double $10 ?

hehe, I love the names people give to stuff.

I haven't bought on the street for so many years, an ounce of weed was called a "Lid" last time I bought one.

Now, I just trade if I want something else than I have.

Pot Belly
10-27-2007, 01:05 PM
I haven't bought on the street for so many years, an ounce of weed was called a "Lid" last time I bought one.

A "Lid". Haven't heard that one in a while. Reminds me of the "Police Story" days.........

johnnybuds
10-27-2007, 01:08 PM
A "Lid". Haven't heard that one in a while. Reminds me of the "Police Story" days.........

Same here:holysheep:

Stoney Bud
10-27-2007, 01:27 PM

What's "Police Story"? A tv show?

I must have missed that one.

Gadhooka
10-27-2007, 02:53 PM

Pretty sure it means double, or double sack and costs 20 dollars.....I've heard it used in urban areas more than anything......Those names sure are funny though!

:D "Yo, bro, can ya hook a bruddah up wit a DUB sak!!!:D

Pot Belly
10-27-2007, 06:22 PM

Yes it was an old cop show in the 70's. http://crazyabouttv.com/policestory.html (http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/Police Story link)

"Hey man, hook me up wif halfa lid, man........."

Cook_
10-28-2007, 06:54 AM

What I know dub means Deuce meanings meaning 2 10s

Stoney Bud
10-28-2007, 02:21 PM

It must be "Double Dime Bag" a dime bag being $10.

Hahahahaha, the term "Dime Bag" has been around since the 50's that I know of.

Thanks Cook, I was thinking maybe that was it.

Mr.Unsleep
10-28-2007, 07:54 PM
You know.. I grew up in the south. Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana... Dirty South for that matter, for 9-10 years..(1990's) And One thing I noticed is people sold nickle ($5) and dime bags alot. Just those little zippie bags with a nug or 2 in em. Guys would have handfulls of em.

Now, years later, I've since moved around quite a bit, and I've never found or heard or people selling these small amounts. When I ask, people think I'm crazy, or making it up, but ffs I miss the ability to purchase a joint's worth of weed at a party. Or 2-3 joints in a dime. You get the idea.

Failed trend?

DankCloset
10-28-2007, 09:25 PM

exactly

johnnybuds
10-28-2007, 09:28 PM
exactly

Heres one--- Double dove :hubba: Give me the meaning

Cam
11-04-2007, 12:12 PM
When I die, I want to go in my sleep, like my grandpa, and not like the screaming passengers in his car.:huh:
"
Potbelly...I'm sorry, this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but...I read MP daily, like some people read the Wall Street Journal. I see your Signature every day and still pee my pants every time I read it. That has got to be the most hysterical thing I have ever read, heard..whatever..in my life....ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS !!!!!:D

Cam

Pot Belly
11-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Potbelly...I'm sorry, this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but...I read MP daily, like some people read the Wall Street Journal. I see your Signature every day and still pee my pants every time I read it. That has got to be the most hysterical thing I have ever read, heard..whatever..in my life....ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS !!!!!:D

Cam

Hey Cam :ciao: This site is all about helping, so if I'm helping to clean the ol' pipes, I'm glad to be a part of it!

Seriously, though, can you just imagine being one of the passengers? That would be absolutely horrible!:rofl:

Thanks for the compliment on the sig............:joint:

King Bud
11-08-2007, 02:40 AM
Quick question..

If I use leaves with nutrient deficiencies, or necrotic (dead) patches, will my ISO hash taste funny?

Stoney Bud
11-08-2007, 03:06 AM
Quick question..

If I use leaves with nutrient deficiencies, or necrotic (dead) patches, will my ISO hash taste funny?

Funny? Yeah, it makes me laugh every time...hehe

No man, it won't affect anything.

Good luck to you!!!!

That crazy vancouver guy
11-08-2007, 03:54 AM
do the leaves/timmings have to be dried out before doing this? or could i take a leaves from living plants and try this?

dry... just save all your trimmings when u crop and let them all dry out (spread it all out over newspaper in a dark room with air circulation (same as drying out your buds)) and do your thing

That crazy vancouver guy
11-08-2007, 04:00 AM

if no body told u already, police story was a cop show from the 70's, I believe... I could b wrong tho... I've smoked a lot of weed in my life... and I mean A LOT... smoke'n some right now, as a matter of fact... :hubba:

eyeslikedonuts
11-18-2007, 07:37 PM
'Sup guys :ciao: I gave the iso oil method and I I like the results :woohoo:.
Heres a pic of my 2nd attempt.

I used fan leaves that a friend gave me. I noticed a lit'l more resin glands on some of them and a few bud trim. All and all, its easy, although a lit'l stinky, theres all kinds a goo :hubba: and its not bad for fan leaves. Thanks TBG. Ive been calling it iso goo hehe man oh man is it sticky. Oh and sorry for the blurry pic. peace, e :bong2:

lyfr
11-25-2007, 08:40 PM
just finished my first batch.i only used like 4 grams of bud. i dont know why im surprised at how easy it was/how much i got....great stuff!

BeachWeed420
12-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Pretty sure it means double, or double sack and costs 20 dollars.....I've heard it used in urban areas more than anything......Those names sure are funny though!

:D "Yo, bro, can ya hook a bruddah up wit a DUB sak!!!:D

Yea where im from us young guys use the slang word "Dub Sack" for eighth of some poop weed. The type of green that has more seeds than bud lol

gangalama
12-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Ive smoked, bought, and made Oil with my weed for about 5 years using isopropyl. I just bought a 3bag XXXtractor system and Im not going back.
I LOVE WATERHASH!!!!!!

P.s Vapourizers are good just dont get one of those cheap hotplate ones go digital. Peace

onelove420
12-15-2007, 12:55 AM
congrats on the bubble bags hope u get some kill hash. ISO oil is pretty kill all depends on the product ur using, but personally i like the butane HONEY OIL

SAHM318
12-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread!

I tried it out, and it worked out for me... even though I only used 1/4 a dime bag and about 2oz of 91% isopropyl. I took pics but I can't find the camera...

I might upload it later.

So I reconstituted it with 5-6 drops of vegetable oil because there was really nothing to scrape off... the film was too light... then I ended up licking my fingers and putting some of the oil on clove cigarettes... I smoked one and I was sooooooooo HIGH for 2 hours.

Since I'm not used to being high by myself, I took a bath and ended up staying there for an hour and a half. So that's about it.

Thanks!

Dubbaman
12-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Had a small harvest and some clippings and small bud pieces so i decided to try my hand at this ISO Hash :hubba: followed TBGs lead and did things jsut like the thread said, the pic is the results of what i got not bad that ball is about 1/4 inch wide :hubba: :D going to have some here in a bit and ill fill you all in :stoned: :bong2:

Hash Report: as you can see it was a bit brown in color from what ive read thats not a bad thing for a first try(green=not the best-tan or brown= not too bad-black=baked) but i may have it backwards, i have enough trouble remembering between a Sativa and a Indica :rofl: but i have to say that little ball that filled about 1/8 of my pipe did me and the wife in. Went for a drive as we do when the kids are here and toked away, burnt up in about 3 mins passing back and forth about 4-6 hits each, didnt notice it right off (trait of the buds too) but once i was out of the car and in the house felt like a brick in my shouulders was broken and i could relax. over all the buds not as great as the ball was but its deffinatly a to do at harvest time :banana: :dancing: Thanks TBG for the thread MOJO B< sideways infinity symbol :rofl: :bong2:

Dubbaman
12-29-2007, 11:39 PM
i have made it a few times with differnt results each time.

(2) when i used nothing but leaf trimmings it came out like powder and i put it in a cig wrapper wrapped it up tight and put a piece of tape around it and stuck it in the heel of my shoe. 1 hour later a piece of solid hash. not as good as the bud though.

I wasnt clear on the cig wrapper here, so i used a sheet of zig and wraped it in it and cut off the top and flattened it out into the bottom of my pipe :bong:

The Effen Gee
02-28-2008, 12:33 AM
When making ISO Oil, I would recommend my three step process;

This has worked wonders for me in the past....many many times...

Materials:

Mason jar (or other self-sealing glass container)

Micro mesh coffee filter (pref metal)

Coffee filters (Bigger and more expensive the better)

1 bottle ISO Alcohol 90% or better (1 pt or 473 ml depending on where you live...)

Medium (Trimmings, Bud's, whatever....)

Pyrex glass pie plate or cassarole dish

Hairdryer

Razorblades or Ex-Acto knife set

1. Prep: Wash or soak your medium in water for 24 hrs. This will leach a whole lot of the unwanted substances from your medium. Get your materials ready, I use a rubber sealed mason jar to process. Also I recommend the highest potency ISO Alcahol you can get. I use no less than 99% so there are little or no "Leftovers" from the process.

2. Process: You could grind the medium or leave them whole. I would recommend removing the stems or powderizing them.The only difference in this is filtration. Personally I like to keep everything as large as possible as to not clog my filter setup. Since this is a chemical process it is not super important to grind up the medium. Extraction will occur regardless of the size of the medium. Place your medium in a GLASS container that you can SEAL AIRTIGHT. This is important as you do not want everything to evaporate overnight. Fill with ISO till the medium is submerged about 1/4 in (or a few centemeters).

Seal and let sit a min of 36 hours. The longer the mix soaks the better your outcome. Be paitent....It's well worth the wait.

3. Reduction: Filer the mixture through the filter setup (Paper over metal). I like to filter the mix about three times. First time I actually press the medium into the metal filter to get ALL the "juice:" I can. Then I repeat filter just the liquid.

Once it has been filtered to your liking pour into the pie plate and hit it with the hairdryer on low, passing over the "juice" repeatedly. This process can take about an hour depending on how much ISO you used in the mix. You can also elevate the dish with some books, leaving a gap that you can pass hot air from the dryer UNDERNEATH the plate. This can greatly speed up the process and you can leave the room to avoid the fumes. Which can be quite strong. I would recommend this outdoors but it is quite a challenge to keep foreign debris out of the mix when outside.

Once finished and dry you can collect with a razor blade and place in a container of your liking.

You should end up with a final product that has a gold appearance in the plate, and once collected should have the consistency of half melted oily caramel.

I have found the best way to "ingest" the oil is to do what my friends in NZ call "Knife Hits".

Heat a knife by whatever means you have. I do not recommend butane lighters due to the soot factor. I use my stove.

Heat the knife end till it has become red-hot, than use a paperclip to "grab" a small drop of oil. A little dab will do 'ya just fine.
Rub the oily paperclip on the hot knife and inhale through a tube of some kind. I use a empty water bottle that has holes in the bottom and a wide enough mouth to fill with ice cubes. This method is what some call "Tweeker status" but it is better than wasting it trying to use a pipe or trying to smear it on a rolling paper.

Obviously you could dip your bud's in the oil itself and make some Space Nuggets....

Enjoy!

trillions of atoms
02-28-2008, 08:30 AM
im making some iso as we speak and ive found a heating pad on high and a 4 inch fan works great!

The Effen Gee
02-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Never thought of using a heating pad....good idea.

What do you do about the fumes?

trillions of atoms
02-28-2008, 10:16 PM
i just dont have an open flame around it and ive never had a problem.....it smells like iso and reef but it isnt that bad in a room to itself. i just have it opened up in a room with the door open and a fan on the tub. you can double boil it for faster results. i did that a few times, dbl boil and then set in freezer. it works pretty good. i only let it sit in the freezer for a minute or two.

The Effen Gee
02-28-2008, 11:03 PM
I have tried the dbl boil method before and noticed the results were about the same...

Did you have the same outcome?

when you Dbl boil the oil does it become ingestable? Can you get the effects from eating it ?

Have you ever heard of the Ether extraction method?

Got 20 or so more of these....

trillions of atoms
02-29-2008, 01:51 AM
yes you can ingest it, similar to a weed shot using over 100 proof alcohol. takes a lil time but the effects are strong and lasting. when the iso evaporates to a honey colored goo you can consume it. the greener the harsher the iso.smoke only after all the liquid has evaporated off. i tried the double boil and found that the fan and small heating pad works as well with less mess and worry. you can use ether but its very dangerous. the results can be better but i wouldnt fool around with it unless you know exactly what your doing. your already playing with fire if you get my drift.

headband
03-02-2008, 07:57 PM
using a 5 inch sprinkler piping, threaded on both ends, 2 threaded end caps. drill one hole for receiving butane nozzle, drill 5 or 6 holes for the butane to run out o use a screen in this end.. Use a glass baking dish, fill tube with grinded bud, empty 2 butane containers threw the oil extractor and presto, hash oil in 5 mins, just wait for evaporation. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20529

The Effen Gee
03-02-2008, 08:48 PM
When I make butane hash oil or "Honey oil" I use keif and instead of a screen a square-cut piece of a cotton t-shirt.

Also when evaporating I try to float the dish containing the solution in another larger dish full of hot water. The butane will boil off in seconds.

OUTSIDE ALWAYS!!!

***Butane hash oil is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS to make so use extreme caution!!!***

-FNG

forget
03-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Seems like I have a 3-4foot male in my GR which i will chop off.

Question: Can I make hash using ISO's method out of this male? If so how long should i let the plant dry in your opinion? Thanks brodda's and sista's

The Effen Gee
03-11-2008, 07:17 PM
I doubt you will get much, since males have little or no THC in them.

I would soak the plant matter in olive oil strictly for the flavor, Not the effects.

BushyKush420
03-14-2008, 11:57 PM
would it be bad to, after i drain the presoakd stuff in iso. to soak it again to get any left over thc?? i understand that it will take longer to evape.. but i was just wondering if this is a good idea??

basically to do it twice maybe three times?? and do i stir the oil up to make sure ne left over iso is evaped??? or does it evape automatically.. without stirring??

The Effen Gee
03-15-2008, 12:00 AM
you can try to squeeze more out, just use fresh alcohol.

then you can see what you get.

keep us posted!

elvis
04-28-2008, 03:44 PM
I made hash for the first time using your method, TBG, and it worked like a champ. It was easy too. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge dude.

goneindawind
05-09-2008, 04:20 AM
yo effen gee i was wonderin if u could give me a step by step on da honey oil thec i dont understand wat HICK means wen he says "purge" how do u purge i jus use triple refined butane and dosent smell or taste like butane but wat is "purge" pls help

Puffin Afatty
05-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Most folks soak/shake the weed in iso too long. If you get any green, you soaked and shook too long. I just put the weed in a jar, cover with isopropal alcohol and shake for 2 minutes max. then I strain it, quickly into another jar and then again thru a couple coffee filters into a pyrex dish and evaporate. even after only 2 minutes there is nothing left in the weed to get you high. dry it and try it if you dont believe me, eh.
That's it, not as complicated as folks make it out. 2 minutes to soak, and 3 hours to evaporate on a coffee cup warmer. :hubba:

Hick
05-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Most folks soak/shake the weed in iso too long. If you get any green, you soaked and shook too long. I just put the weed in a jar, cover with isopropal alcohol and shake for 2 minutes max. then I strain it, quickly into another jar and then again thru a couple coffee filters into a pyrex dish and evaporate. even after only 2 minutes there is nothing left in the weed to get you high. dry it and try it if you dont believe me, eh.
That's it, not as complicated as folks make it out. 2 minutes to soak, and 3 hours to evaporate on a coffee cup warmer. :hubba:

...?? so you believe that "ALL" of the psychoactive canabanoids are extracted in 2 minutes??
And that lnger soaking only results in non-psychoactive essential oils being extracted?..
I would agree that 2 minutes will likely extract all of the surface thc(trichomes), and produce a clearer, more pure product, but is there not any active or beneficial ingredients in the plant matter itself, that will be extracted in a longer soak??
"I" have a hard time believing that. Notice.. "not" saying you are incorrect, just haveing difficulty believing it.
"there is nothing left in the weed to get you high. dry it and try it if you dont believe me, eh."
IMO, a more accurate test would be to re-introduce the once washed weed to iso, soak, extract, evaporate and try "that" product. I think you will find that there are some psychactive properties left in 'quick washed' weed.

goneindawind
05-10-2008, 02:59 PM
yo hick can you tell me how to purge bho im using triple refined butane right is der anything i can do to make my hash betta

Hick
05-10-2008, 03:09 PM
"purge bho"..? I'm not sure what you mean 'windy. the butane will evaporate away on its own.
I'm not experienced in bho extraction, but I do know that the quality. type of butane used, can contribute to residual impurities being left over after the evaporation.

stonedsmithy
05-10-2008, 10:41 PM
yeah the longer u leave it the worse it will taste so yeah best to do a quick wash 1st time an yeah another 1 afta that which will be green an taste like arse but it wil still get u stoned just have to smoke more is all

lyfr
05-16-2008, 08:33 PM
first off, thanks for the info. i made this stuff(thanks to MP,Hick,TBG) with all the shake from my last batch...love it! guess i havent been shakin it long enough though, ive only been countin to 60 and still happy with results. cant wait to do it a little longer with my new harvest. i use a small jar(about8-10oz) and strain it onto my glass table under the ceiling fan, blowing down. usually takes about an hour to dry. i started doin like this cause patience is not one of my strong suits. i dont recommend using a hair drier unless your table has a lip to keep it from rolling of the edge...dont ask me how i know that:rofl:

lyfr
06-05-2008, 06:48 PM

you can see scrape marks on glass, and fan in reflection, and thats my little jar(more like 5-6oz) aaaah success:hubba:

Cali*Style
06-06-2008, 05:25 AM
TBG..... You are an awseome individual... I am so stoned right now.

Thank you TBG for starting this thread.

And thank you Lyfr for posting those inspiring pics.

I just made a couple batches out of about a half ounce. I got this caramel clolored oily stuff.

I have a 1.3 ounce jar 3/4 full right now and I have three more trays drying.

This stuff is cool. I boiled my pipe and everything, HAAA... Packed a fat bowl in my clean pipe, I think I added like three good size drops of oil. I think I am pretty stoned.

I feel like I drank a pot of coffee and drank like a case of beer.

Definatly cant socialize, cant drive, dude.... I am so stoned right now.

I think I am rambling. Ok thanks again

toke@smoke420
06-07-2008, 06:47 PM
mann cant wait to try this got some tiny popcorn an some trim drying tonight should be funnn...

toke@smoke420
06-07-2008, 10:00 PM
just smoked some got a good half g maybe more of strait sticky icky no need to press it even... black hash, good stuff beats the old sifter box thats for sure....

Hick
06-08-2008, 11:29 AM
just smoked some got a good half g maybe more of strait sticky icky no need to press it even... black hash, good stuff beats the old sifter box thats for sure....
it is NOT black hash. it is 'hash oil'...there is a significant difference. ;)

toke@smoke420
06-08-2008, 02:18 PM
whatever it is it was good and faster then makin "real hash" with a sifter and then pressin it on the stove..... it wasnt oily though it rolled into a nice ball but thanks for correctin me... anyways i still got like a good amount stuck in the cornerz of the plate razor cant get to it, any ideas on scrappin this last little bit?

mrniceguy
06-08-2008, 05:51 PM
i use a small/thin flathead screwdriver to get in the corners...;)

Bleek187
06-08-2008, 06:00 PM
i didnt read this entire thread due to it being 10 pages long but i have a question.. if answerd already in this thread im sorry and point out the page of the answer plz

What are the pros of doing it this way vs. making bubble hash?

and

i knew a girl one time who had little bottles of hash that was actualy in pure liquid form.. what is this called? and how to make it? or where are some links to it?

Thanks

lyfr
06-08-2008, 06:47 PM
i didnt read this entire thread due to it being 10 pages long but i have a question.. if answerd already in this thread im sorry and point out the page of the answer plz

What are the pros of doing it this way vs. making bubble hash?

and

i knew a girl one time who had little bottles of hash that was actualy in pure liquid form.. what is this called? and how to make it? or where are some links to it?

Thanks the pro's; fast, easy, safer than butane
liquid hash would not be hash but "hash oil". you can get this by purifying(lack of better term) with solvents like butane, ether, and others that blow up. IMO

lyfr
06-08-2008, 06:48 PM
whatever it is it was good and faster then makin "real hash" with a sifter and then pressin it on the stove..... it wasnt oily though it rolled into a nice ball but thanks for correctin me... anyways i still got like a good amount stuck in the cornerz of the plate razor cant get to it, any ideas on scrappin this last little bit? i use a heir drier to heat it up then wipe it clean with a zig-zag and roll one!

toke@smoke420
06-09-2008, 03:33 AM
yeah i just had best results with the hair dryer and a lil bit of shake i had layin aorund... put it kind of together while rubbin it on the plate and rubb my finger up in the corner ended up getin all of it highly recomend this if anyone has trouble getin it collected from the corners.

Rogue
06-14-2008, 12:07 AM
I stumbled on this thread and by the time I was done I wanted some.:fid: All I had at hand was some good Swag and a can of Acetone. I know acetone is a great solvent so I figured it would work. I was a little fearful of using it because it is such a good solvent so I followed the link the british hippy guy put up to the wiki on acetone and read the whole thing. Nothing to really scary, it is even made in small amounts by the human body, so it is even more natural and non-lethal than I thought. So then I decided to read the wiki on Isopropyl Alcohol nothing really scary either but it turns out that isopropyl alcohol breaks down into acetone in the body.:holysheep:

So I took about 3 grams and crushed it well. Then did a 90 second wash with the acetone and poured it out through a single coffee filter on to a pyrex plate. It was 50 degrees F out and it all evaporated in like 15 minutes and made some nice black sticky tar. Smokes great, I like it with a little bit of keef/fine ground bud mixed in. Will do it again. It is nice and easy to do with good strength.

:rant: If you try acetone remember that it evaporates quickly and is very flammable. Use it only outside away from heat, fire, pets, kids and prego women.

benamucc
07-16-2008, 01:38 PM
This is a long thread, but I just tried this method last night. Worked great, but I modified the coffee filter part. I took the filter holder out of the coffee machine, and just poured it all out. Drains ALOT faster, and much easier to handle the mush...

Thanks TBG!!

mawth420
07-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Definately Trying This One!!!

tn_toker420
07-22-2008, 10:46 PM
I think i'll give this a go....Thanks TBG, great thread

HMAN
07-23-2008, 12:59 AM
I recently saw the Rick Simpson story online. I'm gonna whip up a batch for an ailing friend. I would think ISO would be the same as what Rick made using naptha? We'll see.........

tn_toker420
07-23-2008, 07:48 PM
who's rick simpson??? oh yeah, the iso run went well...

HMAN
07-23-2008, 10:24 PM
He did a video called "Run From the Cure". Easy Google. He's found a cure for cancer. Hemp Oil. The video is worth the watch. Bout an hour long. Whew.......I just did my first ever run of ISO....I'm ripped!!!!!!!!!

The Effen Gee
07-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I would just like to remind those who read this thread that using any petroleum distillate (Iso, Ehter, Acetone) Or spirit (Ethinol) is NOT GOOD FOR YOUR BODY.

Not all the "Bad stuff" is removed in the evaporation process. The only way to guarantee this is to purchase a chemistry tool that costs about $3000.00 (USD) Anything else is almost guaranteed to leave harmful by-products and other chemicals in the actual mix.

Please use spairingly, I have seen and known people to become heavily addicted to "Hash Oil" and crave it like a meth addict.

Be careful!!

tn_toker420
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow, thanks for the input Effen Gee, i really didn't know that...It surprises me actually...I guess that would be why treated differently than mj in most areas...I sure wish i had 3 grand to drop, if that was the case i'd have me a nice indoor setup goin'...But i'm glad you're lookin' out for everyone

THChemist
08-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Ups Effen Gee! Isopropanol is a small, branched alchohol capable of solvating compounds butane (only one carbon larger) can not--hence BHO! Many of 'us' reading this thread aren't aware of the other solutes in the iso-elixir. Please educate yourself of the chemistry you are performing!! There's more than just cannabinoids in there!

Hick
08-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Ups Effen Gee! Isopropanol is a small, branched alchohol capable of solvating compounds butane (only one carbon larger) can not--hence BHO! Many of 'us' reading this thread aren't aware of the other solutes in the iso-elixir. Please educate yourself of the chemistry you are performing!! There's more than just cannabinoids in there!
yup.. its a "solvent".. and extracts "ALL" essential oils, not just thc..
thanks effenG

N1XON™
08-20-2008, 05:55 PM
ok SO i have like 3 ounces of moldy bud and i plan on making iso with it.. i was just wondering how long will this hash last of be good for?

And after i do all that and filter it am i supposed to let it dry out completely?

N1XON™
08-20-2008, 05:56 PM
ok SO i have like 3 ounces of moldy bud and i plan on making iso with it.. i was just wondering how long will this hash last of be good for?

And after i do all that and filter it am i supposed to let it dry out completely?

The Effen Gee
08-20-2008, 06:24 PM
1. Forever

2. Yes

I would personally recommend making butter out of the moldy bud.

N1XON™
08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
well i already started to make it i crushed up all the bud and put it into the jar then i put just enough iso to cover the bud.. then i shook it for 2 mins and drained it with 3 coffee filters.. into a plate..

Now im letting it dry.. how long do u think this should take.. 3 days or something..

The Effen Gee
08-21-2008, 05:43 PM
You should let the solution of weed and alcohol soak for a minimum of 36 hours.

If you just "Soak" it for even a whole day, theres still a considerable amount of thc left in the plant matter.

Hope you did'nt toss it out already...

N1XON™
08-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Damn i have to see if my boy still has it XD

N1XON™
08-25-2008, 04:40 PM
ok well.. i have been soaking the buds for like 3 days now..

But the other stuff had been dried and scraped off and i got like 2 little marble sized balls of tar.. now its so sticky and stuff how should i use it.. like how much of that will i need to get messed up.. or like how do i make the oil?

Agent 47
09-04-2008, 01:48 AM
I have a huge amount of leaves and trimming from the the beginning of my gardens existence, stems from all the male plants, just a large amount of leaves. I was going to use my grinder and grind as mush as i can with a jar. Do you think it's a waste to make this product out of these leaves since they are from the veg state and early flowering. Will they have any thing worth extracting.

Thanks

tn_toker420
09-04-2008, 08:01 PM
It's worth a try imo...that's usually what i do w/ all of my trimmings and some of the better looking hermies...It's not a costly process , so whaya got to lose besides time??? keep in mind, NO OPEN FLAMES!

Agent 47
09-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Ya but I tried making ganja butter with the same leaves and I mean I didn't let it simmer for mad time like 10 hours..but it was like 3 hours...then i separated with the cheese cloth froze it scraped it..everything was perfect, the way it looked, smelled, and felt. Substituted the ganja butter for the veg. oil and we ate them and all they did was give me terrible cotton mouth, made me sooooo tired, and gave me a lil body high. Do you think this stuff will have the same effect?

massproducer
09-05-2008, 12:58 AM
You should let the solution of weed and alcohol soak for a minimum of 36 hours.

If you just "Soak" it for even a whole day, theres still a considerable amount of thc left in the plant matter.

Hope you did'nt toss it out already...

I would have to disagree with this, if you are using Iso, it is much better to quick wash, a lot of people only soak the plant matter for 5 minutes or under, and do 2 soaks, after that you are only dissolving undesirable.

It is totally different if you are making a tincture with drinking alcohols, but iso is a rather strong solvent

Zukas
09-25-2008, 07:33 PM

Ok so I got too excited reading this post and went outside and tore up my one male plant and immediately soaked the ground up green. If I didn't dry the plant before-hand will this process fail?

HMAN
09-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Ok so I got too excited reading this post and went outside and tore up my one male plant and immediately soaked the ground up green. If I didn't dry the plant before-hand will this process fail?

Well...... it won't fail, you just won't get high. Male plants have no THC. You can still extract other essential oils, but you won't get the THC, sorry.

Zukas
09-26-2008, 03:49 AM
Uh, I thought males had minute traces of THC, hence the reason to condense it into hash oil?

The Effen Gee
09-26-2008, 05:12 PM
I would have to disagree with this, if you are using Iso, it is much better to quick wash, a lot of people only soak the plant matter for 5 minutes or under, and do 2 soaks, after that you are only dissolving undesirable.

Negative.

After making ISO literally hundreds of times there is no doubt that time is an important factor in properly isomerizing the THC. Basically dilluting it INTO the chemical.

Reason time is a good factor is the THC contained deep within the resin heads needs time to "Seep" into the mixture. This process takes time. Reason a tincture can take up to 50 or more days is because the levels of alcohol are much lower and need much more time to properly dissolve into the mixture.

I recently made a batch of cannabis wine that took almost four months.

Less distillates = less extraction = more time

Now, I only recommend using COMPLETELY dried and cured bud or trimmings. If you use media that had a lot of cloryphyll in it...it's gonna transfer to the final product.

*NOTE* although ISO is a simple way to produce potent oil...I have and would recommend people to use/manufacture in small doses...less often. Also I am going to state that using ISO COULD have potential SERIOUS side effects including but not limited to blindness and acute respitory problems.

Just a word of caution.

massproducer
09-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Bro your information is greatly skewed, isomerizing is the process of changing the chemical structure of a compound, as in budder, using alcohol and then acid to change all cannabinoids to THC.

Making ISO oil and tincture are totally different things and meant to be ingested in totally different ways, you do not make tincture with ISO, you make it with everclear or something that is consumable, everclear and ISO are completely different substances, and as such have completely different solvent properties.

I will tell you from experience that making iso and leaving it soaking in the alcohol any longer then 5 minutes, and you will yeild a product far inferior to QWISO, which is Quick Wash ISO, which is basically the gold standard for ISO. After a few minutes you are going to be mainly extracting undesirables, such as chlorophyll and tar. Do some research on the topic and see what you come up with.

But please stop interchanging ISO with Tincture because they are totally different.

Puffin Afatty
09-26-2008, 06:50 PM
shaking any more than 2 [two] minutes is toooo long. you can easily prove it to yourself, try some of the [2min]shake after it dries of course, nothin left to get you high :hubba:

massproducer
09-26-2008, 07:01 PM
yup, i totally agree, I don't make iso much any more, but I was down to basically 2-30 second washes

Zukas
09-27-2008, 03:59 AM
So, I used green (undried) trimming from a male plant, AND i let it soak in Iso for 24+ hours...

Am I compeltely stupid. The liquid I have is thick and green

Zukas
09-28-2008, 05:18 PM
uh, guess I am completely stupid, thanks Hick. Next time wont let soak for so long... and I guess I shouldnt smoke the green goop huh?

Puffin Afatty
09-28-2008, 05:33 PM
I have seen it soaked 2-3 weeks, it's still smokable, just has alot of the stuff you really dont need in hash oil ;) Quick Wash ISO is the way to go for sure :hubba:

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
09-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Here are some pics of some ISO we made over the weekend. The quicker the wash the better your ISO will be. We only shook it in the alcohol for about 20 seconds then dumped it. When you do this you'll get a nice golden color to your ISO. :hubba:

andy52
09-29-2008, 10:06 AM
what about using the 99% ISO? i bought some yesterday at the local grocery store.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
09-29-2008, 10:16 AM
We use 91%. Never seen 99% before but yes that will work. ;)

zipflip
09-29-2008, 11:04 AM
i tried findin 99% too but couldnt find none no where round here just 91% the strongest i can get and it seems to evap under a fan only in just round four hours give or take for me on a normal size dinner plate.

andy52
09-29-2008, 11:59 PM
dang TBG,THAT IS THE BOMB.I JUST MADE MY 1ST BATCH AND WALKED IT DOWN.NOW IT HAS KICKED MY ARSE,LOL GOTTA love it.thanks my bros

i bought the 99% at meijers grocery store in the pharmacy section.

growdammit
10-02-2008, 12:44 AM
I got 99% iso at meijer store too!...

Trying my first batch tonight... used dehydrator to really dry trim and stems off a female I harvested buds from... read all thru this post and trying a 2 minute soak and strain! Crossing my fingers...
wish me luck...

growdammit
10-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Ok, all went well so far except that a little shake got out while sifting thru coffee filters, I plugged my dehydrator in, cranked it on highest setting, put plate on one side of it and fan on opposite side to blow warm air over plate to dry faster and seems to be working. I got a light green tinge so far, but not totally evaporated. Not as green as some of other posts but not the brownish color I have seen? The trim and stems were not only dried with harvested buds, but I also dehydrated them to make sure they were really dry? Anyway... so far so good I suppose. Even after plate dries I will leave for a couple of days to make sure all is evaporated!

Great post and something new for this old smoker!

growdammit
10-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Dried a tannish color and after using one razor blade to scrape, and one razor blade to scrape my scrapin's onto I got a decent size ball of tannish black gooey oily substance about the size of half a pencil eraser, I put some kind into a hitter, then put a tad of it on, then more kind and nice buzz! The little bit I used to try this expirament made alot more than I thought (of course the plant trim and stem I used for test batch produced some really killer buds and I am sure that helps)!

Brothersgrunt, you have lotsa good advice and now I am not throwing out all the trim I normally wouldve composted for my garden... I like good compost but if I can fully utilize even more of the plant... kudo's

I have made hash with trim before but usually such a process to go through I havent much bothered in recent years. This is easy way to be as "green" as possible and use most of my plants to fullest!

I will def start keeping all the good trim in a jar in future and only compost stalks and large stems from here on out, I would recommend the warm fan dry method I used blowing air across a dehydrator as it seemed to dry even faster than I expected, used 99% ISO too (would think that would help also). Dried about an hour, but batch was real small and only covered glass plate 1/8 an inch or so when strained.

Zukas
10-03-2008, 01:07 PM
How do you go about g3etting it off the plate? I have trouble as it is very thin and very dry

zipflip
10-04-2008, 10:52 AM
How do you go about g3etting it off the plate? I have trouble as it is very thin and very dryrazorbalde. i find the rectangle ones work best the ones in the old school shavin razorswit replaceable blades. verses the blades u use in them utility knifes.

zipflip
10-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Here are some pics of some ISO we made over the weekend. The quicker the wash the better your ISO will be. We only shook it in the alcohol for about 20 seconds then dumped it. When you do this you'll get a nice golden color to your ISO. :hubba:

TBG in them pix of ya qwiso u made... i make it often and its always a light golden color on plate but when i scrape it its in a black ball like.
is it cuz the weed i use is the nasty commercial brick maybe?
the iso in them pix looks really dry consistency. how long u let urs dry/evap until u start scrapin the plate?

Zukas
10-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Word. mine is goopier than that, it seems to 'melt' a little while I let it sit

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
10-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Whats up zipflip. After we scrape it off the plate it's a nice golden color. We then roll it up in a small ball. At this point it still has some of the gold color. The following day however the color starts to change from gold to brownish black. We usually let it sit under a fan on high for about 4 or 5 hours give or take. ;) TBG in them pix of ya qwiso u made... i make it often and its always a light golden color on plate but when i scrape it its in a black ball like.
is it cuz the weed i use is the nasty commercial brick maybe?
the iso in them pix looks really dry consistency. how long u let urs dry/evap until u start scrapin the plate?

zipflip
10-07-2008, 01:00 PM
thanks TBG. the iso oil i make always ends up super sticky of course and i let dry overnight once to se if i could manage it better but still impossible to roll into a ball... i'll take a gram bout of weed hit it in the coffee grinder get it to a dust and sprinkle it on the plate now when its just bout half way done or better evaporatin and then its more manageable. i am able to get a decent ball that way and i can just off a chunk disk shaped slice wit razor and lay it ontop a packed bowl of some green.

DaTeMoThUgG
10-17-2008, 12:33 AM
First time made and I'm cheesin'! Easiest way to make Hash Oil without endangering yourself or others with the butane and possible explosions. Thanks Brother Grunt! AGAIN AND AGAIN! :D

tesla
11-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Wow Amazing, this thread has been going on for over 2 and a half years. Outstanding thread thanks TBG

eyeball
11-07-2008, 04:12 PM
what does ISO stand for??

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
11-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Isopropyl Alcohol ;) what does ISO stand for??

The Effen Gee
11-07-2008, 05:04 PM
OK TBG, I have perfected my own method after reading the results and outcomes of others endevors.

I was so wrong.

Thanks for fixing it.

zipflip
11-08-2008, 06:14 AM
batch of qwiso i made from lil over ounce of small bud and trim few days ago.
from a couple premature sativas. its so good that i thinkin bout doin all the buds i got off them into iso oil. the buds smoke great and pack a decent buzz but like i said they were all premature. the hairs all still had a lil white left on em yet. had to harvest due to eviction notice mother nature give me :(

Mountain420man
11-13-2008, 09:37 AM
I have to agree with Hick that using a solvent isn't the same as making hash. I use bubblebags and the bubble now machine and it is quick and easy to make quality hash out of trim and what would usually be burned or thrown away, there's Gold in that there trash. It also works best if you will freeze the trim first makes tricomes come off easier, makes a very clean hash and will kick butt everytime.

The Effen Gee
11-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Agreed.

Just got a new 32 gallon bag here (huge).

I call my trimmings "Larf" and can pull more than a few OZ out of a few runs of trimmings.

My EXP with ISO has been mediocre at best, I found that my talents are more suited for bubble has anyways. I bake it in the oven @ 200 for about 30 minuted to release more flavor and give it a more maluble texture.

beanz240
11-14-2008, 01:35 AM
Ok TBG i just tried this for the first time. I'm rather excited to see the turn out. I think i put to much iso in but it just covered it well a little more. Thanks for the thread. :)