Harvest time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Borrego

Weed guru in training😜😜😜
Staff member
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1547.jpeg
IMG_1557.jpeg
IMG_1560.jpeg
IMG_1565.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
How do you harvest? To wash or not to wash?
Drying method hang or rack? Do you cut entire plant or one branch at a time? Do you clean wet or dry? I would love to know your method!

I flush for at least 2 days sometimes more.
I cut each branch and stack them in manageable stacks.
I wash then gently in 1Tbs baking soda and lemon juice in a 5 gal bucket full with water then rinse them 2 times in the 5 gal buckets. You will need 3 buckets for this. Just put them in and circle the bucket a few times. Takes about 5 or 6 seconds. Don't think you need to wash your weed. Look at the water when you are done. Bugs sand spiders who know what else is in there oh and a lot of sand here.
Wet cleaning for me I tried both wet is easier for me.
Lay them out in my drying racks.
Leave them in a dark room.
Check every few days rotating them . I want an even dry.
They are dry when the twig attached to the bud snaps. If she just bends a bit let it go a bit longer. Too much moisture will promote mold so be careful.
Drying time varies here. We have no humidity 9 months of the year. For me, They have dried in as little as 3 days and up to a week.
Then I cure them in dark glass quart sized jars and seal tight.
Dark room is best to store your prize.
Burp you jar for 20 minutes a day the first 2 weeks then every other day for another 2 weeks. Once a week afterwards is good.
Keep in an airtight container.

What are you thoughts or methods?
This is my 3rd grow. If anyone has pointers or tip and trick I would love your thoughts.
image.jpg

Never washed any buds, indoor or out. Might give it a try just as an experiment.
Friends have done the 3 bucket method using water and H2O2
rises. there is a way to do it.
They said the weed tasted cleaner and were surprised by the amount of crap that was washed off.
I always wanted to do it but was to lazy

enjoy the harvest!
nothing like partaking of one’s own herbs!

1. do not wash

2. hang

3. one branch at a time

4. wet trim

give plants a good dry and then into curing homes

Friends have done the 3 bucket method using water and H2O2
rises. there is a way to do it.
They said the weed tasted cleaner and were surprised by the amount of crap that was washed off.
I always wanted to do it but was to lazy
If you saw the bugs spiders and sand that comes off mine you would wash yours. I make it a priority after the first time, all the stuff in those buckets gross. The taste is better too.

If you saw the bugs spiders and sand that comes off mine you would wash yours. I make it a priority after the first time, all the stuff in those buckets gross. The taste is better too.

all that stuff you wash off is what makes dank weed dank 🤡

do you think any trichomes are washed off in the process?

View attachment 339897View attachment 339898View attachment 339899View attachment 339900View attachment 339901View attachment 339902View attachment 339903View attachment 339904 How do you harvest? To wash or not to wash?
Drying method hang or rack? Do you cut entire plant or one branch at a time? Do you clean wet or dry? I would love to know your method!

I flush for at least 2 days sometimes more.
I cut each branch and stack them in manageable stacks.
I wash then gently in 1Tbs baking soda and lemon juice in a 5 gal bucket full with water then rinse them 2 times in the 5 gal buckets. You will need 3 buckets for this. Just put them in and circle the bucket a few times. Takes about 5 or 6 seconds. Don't think you need to wash your weed. Look at the water when you are done. Bugs sand spiders who know what else is in there oh and a lot of sand here.
Wet cleaning for me I tried both wet is easier for me.
Lay them out in my drying racks.
Leave them in a dark room.
Check every few days rotating them . I want an even dry.
They are dry when the twig attached to the bud snaps. If she just bends a bit let it go a bit longer. Too much moisture will promote mold so be careful.
Drying time varies here. We have no humidity 9 months of the year. For me, They have dried in as little as 3 days and up to a week.
Then I cure them in dark glass quart sized jars and seal tight.
Dark room is best to store your prize.
Burp you jar for 20 minutes a day the first 2 weeks then every other day for another 2 weeks. Once a week afterwards is good.
Keep in an airtight container.

What are you thoughts or methods?
This is my 3rd grow. If anyone has pointers or tip and trick I would love your thoughts.
image.jpg
I can’t see washing perfectly good weed. I’m sure I’ve smoked plenty of spiders and dirt in my day and enjoyed the heck out of it. After all the time it takes to get my buds as perfect as possible, I can’t see washing the good stuff off. I do a wet trim, put them on my drying rack for a few days then in the jars they go spiders and all. 😁

all that stuff you wash off is what makes dank weed dank 🤡

do you think any trichomes are washed off in the process?
No I sample before I pick the hight is the same before and after wash. I only dip the branches for about 10-15 seconds slowly circling the bucket 4 or 5 times then to the 2 rinses and repeat gently washing the debris. Everybody has their way. Wash one branch and judge for yourself. Last year I only washed about half. A few times I forgot and I found out after I harvested some. I just learned this method I wash with a bit of baking soda and dome lemon juice. You dont use much of either. Then 2 clean rinses. Im going to get a salad spinner and bowl trimmer soon. My plants got huge this year. A few buds were spongy but I don't think I fed them enough. Next time they get huge I going for 2 times a week instead of once. Although the next time I will be doing compost teas daily.

I can’t see washing perfectly good weed. I’m sure I’ve smoked plenty of spiders and dirt in my day and enjoyed the heck out of it. After all the time it takes to get my buds as perfect as possible, I can’t see washing the good stuff off. I do a wet trim, put them on my drying rack for a few days then in the jars they go spiders and all. 😁
I know I have. I live in spider central. Im forever relocating tarantulas. When we get no rain they come inside looking for water. I do not like to kill them because they eat other spiders like black widow and brown recluse. Our tarantulas are not poisonous and they are beneficial to our eco system do I just relocate them. I will see if I can find a pic

Tarantulas normally won't bite unless you piss them off.
No I scoop them up on a paper plate or s solo cup sometimes a dustpan… whatever is handy and relocate them into the front yard where the cactus are. They live in cactus here.

This was yesterdays haul. I was going to wait but she had some weird eggs on the bottom of her leaves. None of my others just her. Everything was milky white was wsiting to see a few ambers. This is black apple x tangerine kush she has a mild but delightful smell. Super sticky. I thought I took a pic of the eggs. I don't see it anywhere. They were in the bottom side of the leaves and s dark brownish red brick color. Way to close to harvest to spray anything so I chopped her up she had done nice big buds.

Attachments

• IMG_1739.jpeg
    IMG_1739.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1738.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1736.jpeg
    IMG_1736.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I think I will try a dry trim once again for the next sugar haze. I have 2 4 footers left. I just tried the one I jared up on 9-7. This is the best high…I feel marvelous! I swear every grow gets better and better. I know it will be better in another 2 weeks. I like to sample

No I scoop them up on a paper plate or s solo cup sometimes a dustpan… whatever is handy and relocate them into the front yard where the cactus are. They live in cactus here.
Sorry, but I'd relocate them by scraping the bottom of my boot. I know tarantulas aren't spiders, but they're close enough for me.

Latest posts

Back