Harvest time of day, how much does it matter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd always heard of the 48 hour dark thing, so I tried it once. I harvested a bunch of Skunk #1 and left two plants to spend 48 hours in darkness. I made sure I kept them apart from the first plants.
I honestly couldn't tell a lick of difference in between the buds or the buzz.
If it works for you, do it.

With all the respect due to someone who has been here a long time, Zem. Any Pictures possible? Eventually?
I love outdoor picts the most, especially when it is right before harvest time!!!
Yep love me a 10 ft plant. I have yet to grow one. The 2024 grow season I will be trying. Got some seeds gifted and some traded. If I do what I learned this year. I want to try all of them too. Snow Leopard and C99xNL are a few I am dreaming about. I am anticipating an epic summer next year.

exactly..old wives tales

ipwe grow outdoors so these is no 48 hours of dark , snort , unless there is an extended eclipse

think of other fruit and plants

does any producer harvest any crops at nighttime?

does anyone know of a farming practice where they require 48 hours of darkness , as though some magic transformation takes place?

canteloupes?

carrots?

how about 48 hours of darkness for some cabbage?

but but but , cannabis is a Magic Plant!

😂😂😂
Yeah that always confused me. Trichomes and resin is created through photosynthesis, I'd there's no photo, it shouldn't be synthesizing

Yeah that always confused me. Trichomes and resin is created through photosynthesis, I'd there's no photo, it shouldn't be synthesizing

let me add to the confusion

there is the Calvin Cycle

sucrose and glucose , the sucrose comes out in the dark

i think this is the basis for Putes 48 Hour Dark Theory

In the dark, plants instead release sucrose into the phloem from their starch reserves to provide energy for the plant.

Though it is called the "dark reaction", the Calvin cycle does not actually occur in the dark or during night time.

This is because the process requires NADPH, which is short-lived and comes from the light-dependent reactions.

In the dark, plants instead release sucrose into the phloem from their starch reserves to provide energy for the plant.

The Calvin cycle thus happens when light is available independent of the kind of photosynthesis (C3 carbon fixation, C4 carbon fixation, and Crassulacean Acid Metabolism (CAM)); CAM plants store malic acid in their vacuoles every night and release it by day to make this process work.

IMG_6645.jpeg

So do you all harvest any time during the day and not worry about it? Is there any science behind those claims?
I have harvested all times during the day, afternoon and evening. I chop each branch, then one wash and 2 rinses 3 if Im froggy. Then into the house to trim in air conditioning. Next I lay them out on my drying racks. If the plants are smallish like autos, (providing its the same strain) I will chop more than one at a time. I have not noticed any difference in time of day made on the process.

Though it is called the "dark reaction", the Calvin cycle does not actually occur in the dark or during night time.

This is because the process requires NADPH, which is short-lived and comes from the light-dependent reactions.

The Calvin cycle thus happens when light is available independent of the kind of photosynthesis (C3 carbon fixation, C4 carbon fixation, and Crassulacean Acid Metabolism (CAM)); CAM plants store malic acid in their vacuoles every night and release it by day to make this process work.

View attachment 344742
Maybe I will try the 48 hour with my White widows in the small pots. They may need to finish inside anyway. Just depends on when our limited winter shows up. Usually around Christmas-ish when I have to turn on the heater.

View attachment 344742
He's a witch! Burn him!

Maybe I will try the 48 hour with my White widows in the small pots. They may need to finish inside anyway. Just depends on when our limited winter shows up. Usually around Christmas-ish when I have to turn on the heater.
It is getting cooler a bit

Attachments

• IMG_2041.png
    IMG_2041.png
    613.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back