A few questions on butter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallword

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new at this. I've been reading all over the internet about ways to make butter for medical use, and there's a lot of variation on amounts and techniques. Here are my three basic questions for those of you who have tried it.

1. If I'm using trim, how much should I use per 1 lb of butter?

2. How important is grinding the trim? Some people casually crumble it, others insist on a coffee grinder. Does it matter?

3. Time really varies across recipes. Some say simmer for 30 minutes, others say 24 hours! Is 30 minutes sufficient?

Thanks--everyone here is always so helpful.

smallword said:
Hey everyone,

I'm new at this. I've been reading all over the internet about ways to make butter for medical use, and there's a lot of variation on amounts and techniques. Here are my three basic questions for those of you who have tried it.

1. If I'm using trim, how much should I use per 1 lb of butter?

2. How important is grinding the trim? Some people casually crumble it, others insist on a coffee grinder. Does it matter?

3. Time really varies across recipes. Some say simmer for 30 minutes, others say 24 hours! Is 30 minutes sufficient?

Thanks--everyone here is always so helpful.

Hello Small :)

Watch this, it will give you an idea of what and how much to use, if you want it stronger, simply use more trim :)

It doesnt really matter if the trim is coarse or fine, the heat and butter strip the trim of what your after ;)

I do mine for 3 hours on a low simmer, others do it longer, some shorter.

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAiuEFI2SM4

Change hXXp to http :aok:

:peace:

Latest posts

Back