confused

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saticus

Reaction score
i made some butter the other day and i think i blew it! is it supposed to smell like amonia? does it taste terrible? mine did! this was my first time so i am sure i did something wrong. any advice?:cool:

How hot did you make it? Also was the trim dried and cured well? What recipe did you use?

I know it smells Bad...but not like amonia...i dont think...I just made a few batches so im new as well...and didnt like the taste when put on cracker...but will have to get back to ya on the brownies:D Mutt asked some well needed questions for you to get better help...and Theres allways learning to do..take care and be safe

What methods did you use to make the butter??? It definitely shouldn't smell like ammonia, but the butter itself never looks too flattering. Give us some more information and it will be easier to diagnose your problem.

:yeahthat: and I've never noticed a taste in the finished product (brownies in my case). Sure you didn't confuse Windex with butter :hubba: in a stoner moment?

Mutt said:
How hot did you make it? Also was the trim dried and cured well? What recipe did you use?
i simmered it for about an hour on low(electric range). the trim was dried but i don't think it was cured all that well, i don't know, it being my first time and all. one lb. of butter to about 2 oz. of trim. the butter was green, smelled like ammonia, and tasted bad.

Latest posts

Back