Making RSO/FECO with dry, uncured flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindywoo2

Reaction score
Good afternoon, I’m probably in the wrong thread for this question, but it’s driving me nuts I can’t find a definitive answer anywhere on the internet, every other aspect of RSO/FECO production is discussed, but not this.

Can I make RSO/FECO with uncured flower?
It’s dry, and I’ve started the curing process, using the new Burb Bags tech, also wondering if anyone has any experience with those as well, lol

I’m too impatient to wait another month for it to cure, lol. I vaped a bit the other day, it tastes great, not green at all, although when I was grinding it the smell of fresh cut grass took over. It actually gave me a buzz, which rarely ever happens on one bowl.
Will it make as good an oil as cured bud? From everything I’ve read about fresh bud, it should make a better oil.
Has anyone tried?
Anxious to hear your experiences.

What method are you planning to use to make your RSO/FECO?
I decarb my weed in oven at 240degs F for 40 mins then when cooled in freezer over night along with a bottle of Everclear 190 I mix shake and filter process. The left over product is a tincture which is then boiled down or reduced to oil.

I decarb my weed in oven at 240degs F for 40 mins then when cooled in freezer over night along with a bottle of Everclear 190 I mix shake and filter process. The left over product is a tincture which is then boiled down or reduced to oil.
Thank you! Yes my plan is to use everclear, and freeze it as well, but I wasn’t going to decarb before hand, because it decarbs while cooking off the alcohol. Wouldn’t cooking it twice kill off some of the THC therefore lower the potency?

Thank you! Yes my plan is to use everclear, and freeze it as well, but I wasn’t going to decarb before hand, because it decarbs while cooking off the alcohol. Wouldn’t cooking it twice kill off some of the THC therefore lower the potency?
Are you reducing down to an oil in oven?
If so then it should decarb . I have always decarbed 1st, then reduced in a double boiler (so it would not get too hot) on a very low heat. Or in cold pan with fan blowing over it over night.

If so then it should decarb . I have always decarbed 1st, then reduced in a double boiler (so it would not get too hot) on a very low heat. Or in cold pan with fan blowing over it over night.

I am planning to reduce to oil, but I’m using a stainless steel rice cooker, like in Rick Simpson’s video. I have a rooftop
Research adding a bit of lecithin to add some fatty contents for better absorption?

where I will be doing it, with a couple fans, lol it’ll be my first attempt. Thank you for your input, much appreciated!

Thank you for joining the convo, I have an ardent, I use that for decarbing. I will be using a rice cooker, it only heats up to a certain temp, 210 F I think. I’ll be doing it pretty much the way Rick Simpson shows in his video. He uses a solvent, I’m going to use everclear.

Yes, that’s pretty much what I was going to do, but I was hoping to eliminate decarbing prior to the alcohol wash. I don’t want to cook it twice. It will decarb while cooking off the alcohol.

Latest posts

Back