Stem Tea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redemption

Psychonaut
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the original thread on here anymore, but I remember I was reading about making weed stem tea on this forum when I came across something interesting. Various people pointed out that stems contain very little THC and that furthermore THC is only fat, oil, and alcohol soluble and therefore couldn't be extracted through boiling stems for tea. Someone mentioned that there were various other cannabinoids that were water soluble, and while they may not create a high anywhere near as strong as THC, they may still produce unique threshold effects. I wonder, if you were to make tea with, lets say, a mixture of cannabis stem/leaf/bud and magic mushrooms and/or a number of other combination of substances, would it produce an experience noticeably unique to the use of the afformentioned substances on their own? I've been considering this for a while now and I've decided to try different combinations to see if they produce specific reactions when combined with water soluble cannabinoids. However, since my supply of stem/leaf is limited, and I don't really want to waste fresh bud, it may be a while before I can try many different combinations. Right now I only have a couple grams of mush and maybe 7 grams of stem. Regardless, I'll post any results I come up with, as well as the specific ingredients I use on this thread. If anyone else decides to make some custom psychoactive tea mixtures, especially if you're using weed stems, let me know how it goes and what you used! :D

i've been considering this too. i was also tthinking about how to best utilize the thc in my male plants

Males are not worth it, but dont take my word for it, try it yourself, stem tea is nice.

I've been having my friends save up their stems so that I can try to make stem tea... I have already read some stuff about it, but I guess I'm a little confused since there has been no straight answer.

HeavenlyScent, I notice that you said stem tea is nice. How do you make it and how much will you need???

Thank you!

:holysheep: Ha ha. Had to put that in there - I've never seen an emoticon like that before..

i just steeped some stems in hot water.
ground up a bunch of stems in metal grinder in batches.
i put it in a coffee filter and bound it with string.
i added some whole milk and a sugar cube.
my mouth tastes sweet . like fresh bud and caramel.

and now i have what feels a little like hot flashes
and was feels like slight lsd floaties in my eyes. and a warm buzz :)

Stems that are 1/8" in diameter or less have enough thc in them to make it worthwhile to make tea from them.

I always used a "tea-ball" filled with the chopped pieces of stem.

I used a knife to chop them into short pieces that will fit into the tea-ball (a little stainless steel ball that you can find at any place that sells tea).

If you use a blender or food processor, it makes dust that is nasty to drink.

I think stem tea in just water is purely for taste.

If you want the THC to be absorbed into the tea drop some butter in the hot water before you add the stems.

If you want a way to utilize your male plants cannabutter would be the best way to go in my opinion, just dump it in the pot and leave it for a while.

-Trippy

Trippy_Hippy said:
I think stem tea in just water is purely for taste.

If you want the THC to be absorbed into the tea drop some butter in the hot water before you add the stems. -Trippy
Sorry man, but you're mistaken. The thc doesn't need any oils of any kind to come out of the stems. That concept is based on flawed thinking. Neither does it need any oils of any kind to cross the blood/brain barrier. thc is oil based. period. That doesn't mean that it won't leave it's carrier without oil involvement. You can heat it and cause it's viscosity to decrease. It becomes a "thinner" substance and will exit the original carrier readily. It won't "mix" with water, but it will flow into it. Much the same as oil enters the sea water when a tanker leaks. It's not all just on top. Agitation will cause temporary/partial mixing of the water and oil. You can prove this to yourself with a couple of drops of vegetable oil in some hot water. Shake it and it will "mix" until it settles and comes to the surface of the water again. It's the same with the tea.

If you put butter into the water for stem tea, it will mix no better than any other oil based substance. Then you'd just have really strange tasting tea.

Cool, thanks man. I always wondered on the taste of butter in tea.

Trippy

Trippy_Hippy said:
Cool, thanks man. I always wondered on the taste of butter in tea.
Don't get me wrong; I love butter. I love tea. Just not together...

I have seen recipes for foods that had butter and green tea in them. I've never had the courage to try one...

I do use hash oil in recipes. It's easy to use in any recipe with butter or oil in it because it dissolves in it easily, and makes some kickazz cake. Carrot cake is my favorite. It has a sticky, strong flavor if it's own anyway. It covers the hash oil nicely. I do that when I'm out touring the town or at the zoo.

never tried the tea, ive always saved me steams for boiling in alcahol (but thats a different thread) lol

Eh redemption I've done the mushrooms and weed thing by putting them both in a bottle of brady and letting it sit for a few hours(it was more potent the next day). Talk about out of body.

LOL i know what you are talking about.

kalikisu said:
Eh redemption I've done the mushrooms and weed thing by putting them both in a bottle of brady and letting it sit for a few hours(it was more potent the next day). Talk about out of body.

Latest posts

Back