multi strain grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lastritez

Reaction score
1 x Fem Afghan Kush
5 x White Widow
3 x Mazar-I-Sharif

I ordered the WW from seedboutique, and got 6 free Mazar-I-Sharif seeds, was also given a fem'd Afghan Kush. The plan is to just grow and flower the Afghan Kush, I am out of weed at the moment, so this will be the see me through plant while I get the others sorted out. One female WW will be kept as a mother, any of the others will be just grown and flowered, have not heard anything about the Mazar though, so not sure if I will keep one as a mother, anyone got any experiance with this strain? worth keeping a mother, or just grow and flower?

I used the ziplock bag method to germ the seeds and all 9 have taken, have now placed them into the grow medium and now just waiting for them to pop up.

I plan to veg the WW and M-I-S till they are big enough to clone, the Afghan will just go straight to flower when she is big enough. I will take clones from each of the WW and M-I-S, and put one of each into flower to show what sex they are, will obviously keep the females and chuck the males. The strongest of the females will be kept as mothers, one of each, the rest will be flowered, should I get more than one female.

Well that's the plan anyway, but so far so good.

The fem'd afghan is about an inch high and one of the M-I-S is playing catch up, the rest are starting to poke through, so far it looks like 100% success.

Will post pics when there is something more intersting to see

HippyInEngland said:

Thanks HIE, looks like it's a big plant, might have to try some LST, still a bit nervous about that, usually I just top the plant apart from that I don't do anything, to worried about killing it, plants have always done better when I leave them alone, I'm not the most green fingered person, and the plants know it!

OK, I said I would past piccies when I have something to show, and here they are.

On the left are the white widow, only one of those has failed to make and appearance, the center is the afghan kush fem, and on the right the freebie mazar I sharif, one failed to surface so far, one did but died and the other two seem ok for now.

growbabies.jpg

So about a week later time for an update!

Ok the fem'd afghan kush seems to be no further forward, I have tried playing whale music to induce a soothing and nuturing experiance, but she is just being stubborn I think.

The first picture is all the surviving plants, I have 5 of the white widow, 2 Mazir I Sharif and of course the fem'd afghan kush (the one in the rockwool)

The second photo is my stubborn little afhgan, grow baby grow!

The third is one of the 2 MIS, doing fairly well I think

all.jpg

AGfem.jpg

MIS.jpg

OK next on the list is the three biggest WW. These girls are going from strength to strength, yeah baby!

wwtriplets.jpg

wwbig.jpg

Alas the same cannot be said for the other 2 WW, slow starters, seem to take a while getting going, still there is always hope!

At the moment I am feeding them when they are fairly dry and just keeping them moist, using a half strength nute solution.

wwbaby.jpg

wwbaby2.jpg

Looking pretty sweet so far Lr, slow and steady wins the race, i cant wait to see them in their new home you built for them,
Good Luck bro.

Been a while since i last made an update so got the camera out and took some shots, my girls a quite photogenic it seems!

Ok firstly the single fem'd afghan kush

Still not growing, staying nice and green but not much movement so far.

ak1.jpg

ak2.jpg

ak3.jpg

OK so onto the WW, this girls have gone mad, will be putting them into DWC within the next few days.

wwall.jpg

ww1.jpg

wwbig.jpg

the last 2 WW, still struggling, the larger is finally showing signs of growth, so is the small one, just started with a couple of very small leaves coming visable, so maybe she will decide to stop being lazy and get her grow on!

And a shot of all of them, except the afghan kush

wwsmall.jpg

wwmed1.jpg

all.jpg

oh and these are called choc chip its a small sunflower, the mrs likes sunflowers so I am growing a couple for her

chocchip2.jpg

chocchip.jpg

OK now that new year and christmas and all that hassle is out of the way I have time for another update, its been a while

Ok first photo is all 6 surviving plants (fem'd afghan and the small WW didn't make it :cry: )

Second is the biggest WW, and third is the next WW

sog.jpg

ww1.jpg

ww2.jpg

Next we have the last 2 WW as first and second photo, all plants are now on 60% - 70% nutes and seem to like it.

the last photo is the 2 mazar i sharif

ww3.jpg

ww4.jpg

mis.jpg

Yeah the mazar are still in a tray, the local store had run out of buckets, should be in stock in a couple of days, had nothing else to use, hopefully shouldn't cause to many problems having them in a tray for a couple more days, they seem to be fine so far. No signs of any nasty bugs this time, and the new growth is always fresh and strong, some of the lower leave are yellowing, but nothing major. I took a couple of shots of the stems (below) now as this is the first time I have grown using standard seeds, have always used fem'd, I never really took note of any signs of sex when vegging, assuming that they would always be female. So I was wondering if this is any sign of early sex showing? all 6 plants have these if that helps.

node.jpg

node2.jpg

Not much to report, taken some clones and waiting to see what happens with them, other than that the plants are looking ok IMO, a bit thinner since the clones where taken, but over all I think they are looking OK, constructive feedback always welcome of course.

Still on about 60% nutes, and roots are just exploding, only taken 1 photo of a plants roots, they all pretty much are the same.

Anyway first 3 for you are the inside of the veg room with all the plants, followed by the 2 mazar, yes both still not in buckets, the local store ordered in the wrong size, I have been told they should be in this week, I bloody well hope so!!!!

sog.JPG

maz1.jpg

maz2.jpg

Latest posts

Back