Whats up 1st timer here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since i am a first timer just wanted feedback i guess on what i have been told and on my pictures. Just suggestions i guess

looks like you tried to do a sea of green method, and let them veg WAY too long. Before you put them into flower I suggest bending them completely in half, and then when the tips grow back towards the lights, bend 'em over again, and then let them work their way towards the lights....you're going to have one hell of a shrub. And yeah - i'd suggest putting that 1000 watt up too...with that many plants, you'll need it. You also should enclose the area you're growin in so you can maximize your lumen output to keep the plants dense with tight nugs instead of feathery airy crap....good luck

Finnaly someone else gets what i was thinking lol.

Basically when you flower your plants are gona go nuts and be loads of interwoven madness.

Most people using the same method would hardly veg at all and grow loads of smaller SOG ( sea of green ) single cola plants.

I think if i was in your situation i'd be removing quite a bit of lower foliage and considering toping quite low, buts thats just me

Ok. So what I am hearing is they are too big? I mean maybe its the pics but the tallest plant only stands 2ft 3in and there is only 2 weeks left in the veg cycle. And what my friend did was use nets to make sure the plants kept from getting too messy. I also trim every day to make sure that it dosent get too messy

Yeah the net would help but believe man with the right conditions there would still be too much.
Your friends may not have grown so much due to his lack of lighting etc, if you enclose tighter to your grow to take advantage of your lighting as we discussed then your plants will really take off.

I think your making the mistake i first made, do you realise that your plants can easily tripple in size? they really set off and stretch when you flip em 12/12 man.
Mine went from an average of 1.5 ft to around 5 ft when i flowered and i really kept my lights tight to em to try minimise the stretch.

ok so if i was to train the plants for the next 2 weeks to minimize the growth upward i should be ok. I mean i know that they will still be thick maybe even too thick but i am too far out to turn back. I included some better pics the right side of the room is average 10in to 1 1/2 ft. The left side is the taller ones that may need the training. They are average 2ft. I also adjusted the plants and light to minimize shading. Tell waht u guys think?

2009-06-02 19.15.21.jpg

2009-06-02 19.16.39.jpg

If ya just gona roll with it then get a hood on the 1000w and enclose the grow more if poss and you'll work the rest out i'm sure.
Move it to a corner then just use a basic wood frame and hang white sheets.

You'll thank us for it if you do ;)

Ok so I have a quick question. What is a good training technique for the plants that are too tall? My friend bends them until the snap but not break. That is a little scary for me since they are my babies. Another friend says not to break them and just tie them with a string for a week and then let them go and the will continue to grow whatever way they were trained to go.

And newbud delete ur PM....LOL how am I supposed to abuse ur experience if I cannot reach you? LMAO J/k thanks 4 all ur help

Lol, cleared em.

Yeah you can pinch or crush the stem and then bend it or if you can tie em down etc.
If you tie em down they should stay there after a while

Lemme ask you this NewBud Do you think i should just put them into flower now to avoid a mess later? Do you think it will effect the yield dramaticly? I am thinking about throwing them into flower because like you said they may just triple in size. I want good healthy plants and dont want to put too much more strain on them. I included a pic and it looks loke there is alot of shade but really i had to turn off 2 lights to get the pic

2009-06-05 21.14.46.jpg

And if there is anyone else that can share any info feel free!!!!

so how exactly do you grow like that? Ive heard of alot of people on here that swear by coco. Is it hydro? or soil? I guess its a "growing medium" but what method do you use? and whats the time frame for a full crop? Sorry for all the questions just a lil curious.....:D

I would get a reflective enclosure around those plants--you're wasting a lot of light now because it is being disbursed throughout the room. I would flower NOW.

OK so after getting all of the feedback from this site, friends, and research of my own. After measuring the different aspects of the room i was using i came up ,this. Didnt make too many changes but here we go. First i enclosed the growing area with some white sheets. They are made of cloth with a plastic back to keep air in. Second we decided to go ahead wit the flowering stage. Changed the food adjusted the ph and added some other stuff. Floracious Plus, superthrive (used to minimize stress),SM-90,and clearex. I have used these based on what have worked for me. We also installed a fan with the exaust bringing air from outside in. Attached are pics so lemme know what u think for my 1st time:confused:

2009-06-06 20.29.52.jpg

2009-06-06 20.29.13.jpg

2009-06-06 20.29.29.jpg

Your room looks better for sure but i would personally have gone for a more solid plastic sheeting, much better than it was tho :)

Oh yeah and coco is a ( mostly ) inert media therefore you are providing all the nutrients etc so its hydro.

Ph 5.8, watered twice a day once big enough ( dont let dry out like some say ), work with clones, only need to veg for couple weeks.

Latest posts

Back