Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want to reverse that and pull air from your tent not push it in. The fan pulls the old air out from the tent and the fresh cooler air gets brought in from the bottom passive intakes. The negative pressure can help tremendously with odor control. I don't use a filter i just vent the air out of my 2nd floor window.

but really it's just getting pushed from outside the tent through the light and out the other side so should I close up the exhaust and suck the air from an open side of the hood and vent that out the side?

I'm gonna have to show you pics of mine. Your sucking cool ain't just threw the light not into tent bro

Should be sucking the sides in. LOL
I always had negative pressure in my Grow room,,dont wanna make a balloon out of yur tent. He He,, Just kidden. Hamster knows what he is talking about.

Ok makes sense and I believe physically speaking the inline sucks better than it blows (that's what she s... Nvm)

I'll switch around the inline so it sucks the air from inside the tent and see how that works. Right now Temps are 77-82F it just feels when it goes 80-82 it's way too hot (usually happens when the sun is out). I would really be comfortable at 77-78 consistantly

Clean buds what's your ambient temp ? The temp of the room the tents in? I have a 4x4 tent 6" fan 1000watt HPS and with tent room 75 I can do 80 in my tent. I can go even lower if I move the intake to pull cooler air.

First step get room dialed in I made the noob mistake first grow temps way to high. Had frosty SUPER loose nugs SUCKED. Heat will waste your time. Trust me.

I will post the pic when lights are on tonight.

ok I just hooked everything up the way you guys have suggested and it is working great! It's 71 in the room and 77 in the tent and I have a real air exchange now.

Glad you got it straightened out... If you can vent the exhaust out of the house without arousing the suspicion of neighbors you might be able to get away with no filter. I have one but have never used it.

thanks! yeah I'll see how it gets when it really starts flowering. Right now I think if I hook up the carbon filter it's gonna bring down my CFM to a point that it can't cool anymore

How strong is the smell when you got a few girls flowering? I can't even imagine it lol

The last time I exhausted without a carbon filter. You could smell the girls really really good from more then 50 yards away. Was no doubt what it was.

haahha nice so I guess I'd have to get a second fan to run that

No you put a piece of vent from your light to the filter. So you start sucking from filter threw the light then out of the tent. Put the filter higher up as hot air rises and you can get 2 birds one stone vent hot air and smell at same time all off if one fan at least a 6" inline fan

so in a rental with 2 4x4 tents in same room, with sealed hoods and filter how muc smell will be in the house or the room?
sorry newby tent grower hear I build all my own sealed rooms but I cant do that in this new house and I have 2 neibours, venting out window away from their houses unless wind changes. no summer grows, t5 for veg and 1000hps for 1 4x4 tent.
also whats the weight ussally from a tent? 4 larger plants more than a lot of super small ones, but I will try different things. I need two solid runs and I wont care. just cant be waisting time over a winter grow

My tent runs in a negative pressure so NO smell at all till I open the tent door. It could be done with a little thinking and a lot of care.

You will need good filters and fans .

I have a 4x4 grow tent and want to use t5 ho floros can anybody tell me a brand or how many bulbs I will need to veg four plants ?

I have a 4x4 grow tent and want to use t5 ho floros can anybody tell me a brand or how many bulbs I will need to veg four plants ?

If the 4x4 tent is all you have to Veg in then I would partition it off in half or so and hang at least a 4 foot 4 bulb HO T5 fixture in there. If you use the whole tent you will need twice the light and a bigger tent to Flower in. Most of us run at least 2 spaces. 1 for veg and 1 for Flower.

Is there any brands you would suggest ? I think I will go with the 4 foot 8 bulb t5 ho, I planned on growing 4 plants from veg to flower harvest then start over again all in one tent. I just have no idea which brand to buy

Thank you every much everyone ! All the help is greatly appreciated!!

Latest posts

Back