Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings all, I am starting my first tent grow,I have done a few other grows in a room in basement but that didnt really work out to well, couldnt maintain the proper enviroment. So I got a 3'x3' secret jardin, fluros to start and 400w hps to veg. Ive got 4 white widow seeds in rockwool that have just sprouted (ordered online). They will be growing in 5 gallon pots with promix hp, and I am using cyco nutrients. I have a 4" inline fan right now but will get 6" before I switch to hps to help with air temp. If anyone has any advice or opinions on my setup please feel free to let me know. I will post pics as soon as my ladies are in there new home. Thanks to all and happy growing!

Greetings all, I am starting my first tent grow,I have done a few other grows in a room in basement but that didnt really work out to well, couldnt maintain the proper enviroment. So I got a 3'x3' secret jardin, fluros to start and 400w hps to veg. Ive got 4 white widow seeds in rockwool that have just sprouted (ordered online). They will be growing in 5 gallon pots with promix hp, and I am using cyco nutrients. I have a 4" inline fan right now but will get 6" before I switch to hps to help with air temp. If anyone has any advice or opinions on my setup please feel free to let me know. I will post pics as soon as my ladies are in there new home. Thanks to all and happy growing!

Green Mojo...tents help out a lot. I can't imagine growing without them at this point.

Whats up tent growers been awhile well I am back again this time I got a 4x4x7 grow tent with 2 Apollo Horticulture GL140X5LED Full Spectrum 700W LED Grow Light for Indoor Plant Growing. So far I got two auto sweet tooth's that have popped up got 2 sour diesels that haven't broke ground yet as well as a royal Carmel that hasn't broke ground yet. But I got a VenTech IF6CF620 6" Inline Duct Fan 440 CFM w/ Virgin Charcoal Carbon Filter Combo. But my problem is the only space I got free since I have moved to a new rental is my garage to grow in mind you no windows in the garage and nose *** neighbors and during the day the temp drifts from 70 to 75 outside the tent so when I have both my 700 watt lights on the humidity hits about 45 to 50 % depending on how I work it but my tent temps drift between 89 and 91 degrees during the day. Also no intake fan at the moment just using the flaps at the bottom of the tent. But what would be the best way to drop my temps I don't want to end up spending a fortune just to drop them and I cant cut holes in my garage to add a vent because I am renting and my landlord will flip out so sucking cool air from out side isn't going to happen. Any suggestions would help so I can drop the temps during the day in my tent.

Place a small portable ac in front of the intake ducks, you only need to keep the room in the 70's to try and thwart heat stress, my concern is fresh air, they really need that?

Thanks Kravenhead I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure if it would make the tent too cold. As for the fresh air I think I am going to have to crawl up in the attic and see if I can find a exhaust vent on the roof from the heater and tap in there just unhook the heater and plug my intake in there but hate to have to pull air from so far away don't know how many fans im going to need or booster fans. Also my garage is not all that good for being sealed the garage door has light leaks in it as well as parts of the side of the roof these allow air from outside to leak in but not enough to keep the garage cool but would having the air seep in the garage from out side the garage be ok. Or should I really find a way to suck cool air in from outside.

Well my rule of thumb has always been to exchange all the air in my tent once a minute, that's on the high side for plant needs I just like the idea of tons of fresh air. If your fan is turning the air in your tent well enough the ambient air in the garage should be enough fresh air since it is not super air tight, it should be enough for the plants needs. It just needs to exchange the carbon dioxide / oxygen well enough that the plant has what it needs in both the light and dark cycles. Also good airflow helps control humidity and keep yucky things like mold out of your grows. Good luck, and the greenest of mojo to your grow.

I always had Negative Air Preasure, ,,it was even hard to open the door. Lol

Watch out for high humidity in the summer , I always had to run a dehumidifier in my shed in summer.

I always had Negative Air Preasure, ,,it was even hard to open the door. Lol

I always kill the air b4 opening the tent. The tent is basically a filter at the point of negative pressure imo. opening the door with 400 cfm negative pressure (in my case) or wtv it's running at will create a strong draw of air you may not want being transferred into the grow area (dirt, dust, bad lil bugs wtv. That's just my thought on that comment.

The dehumidifier if in a tent will create more heat also in my case, why I am trying to avoid that battle myself this year .

@ krazy not sure if just a 6" is gonna cut it for a fan in flowering tent I use a 400 or some thing in my 4x4 with a fan controller you defiantly want negative pressure on the tent walls i run mine set a little low and just constantly on.

A dehumidifier creates less heat than you might think with the ice cold coils in the back, I also have a small window ac installed in the wall which also helps with humidity. The humidifier is mostly for lights off period when the air conditionewr does not run enough, then the dehumidifier kicks into keep the humidity level stable untill lights on when the air would start running. I had it outside the tent since that is where I am drawing air from.

ya i was running 2 good sized ones out side the tent as the area it is in is large and was a pain for me these blew a good bit of heat combined with no a/c was a lose lose for me

A large area would be hard to do, my shed is 8x16 with a 4x4 tent.

I have a small tent. 2x2x5. Ive seen quite a few setups through this club. Now, do i have the smallest tent? So far ive seen a few 3x3's, but i havent gone through all the pages. Toooo many. Any way. Just saying Yo. ��

Just ordered a 48"x48"x80" to flower in from appollo, I was super happy with my 24"x48"x60" one, and the price is way cheaper than some of the other brands.....I dont work for them, but it sounds like im a sales rep lol.

Less than 100$ USD for each of them on amazon

I have a small tent. 2x2x5. Ive seen quite a few setups through this club. Now, do i have the smallest tent? So far ive seen a few 3x3's, but i havent gone through all the pages. Toooo many. Any way. Just saying Yo. ��

I ran two 2x4x5's for quite a while when I first started. One for Veg and One for Flower. 2x2x5 would be a challenge in flower for sure.

This is my set-up in my spare bedroom.
8 x 4 flowering tent lit by 2 x 1m parabolics reflectors fitted with Sylvania son-t duel spectrum bulbs and powered by 2 x Lumatek digital ballasts both on super lumen output thus 660w apiece so therfore 1320w total.
Extraction is taken care of by my 200mm RVK L1 matched upto my Rhino L1 200mm x 600mm and is on constantly connected to my Primair room controller set to max temps 24f and then the fan goes full blast to lower temps venting into my attic space above, i use only one extraction fan and pull air into my tent passively with the tent sides all being sucked inwards.
I grow using 12 litre builders buckets ala 'hempies' and have 2" of hydroton clay pebbles in the bottoms of each pot where the reservoir is.
I use only Canna Coco Pro Plus alongside Vitalink Coco Coir Grow, Bloom and Buddy-pk boost, switching between Grotec Monster Bloom and the buddy each res change.
I hand water each couple of days never do it until run off just a couple of litres per bucket.
Ph is always 5.9 being the sweet spot imho but 5.7-5.8 is ok.
CF can be anything from 14 - 22.
I have a 4 x 4 veg tent in the same room with a 600w in 800mm parabolic but only use this 600w when serious vegging is required otherwise a 150 flou is used.
thats about it.
Peter

Well i couldn't be bothered 2 days ago to trim my 5 x cheese plants so today i bit the bullet and chopped and trimmed up x 4, only 1 x more to go maybe i'll do it tomorrow, who knows.
Peter

Just 1 x juicy to trim and thats it for this grow but there is another over halfway through now.
Btw the sensi Star x 3 phenos are all exibiting what i think is cal def but they ain't getting any as i don't have any maybe i'll buy some and maybe i won't.
So here are some shots of just over 10oz of the cured stable 49% juicy bud and some still drying/curing 3 x cheese phenos in the buckets with the Boveda humidity packs.
Pics of 4 x pineapple chunks i threw in the flower room to see what they grow like keeping 1 x back as a mother plant and pics of buds from one juicy and what is left i will not be trimming.
Some pics of my crappy looking clones
Peter

Just set up my first tent. I'm not thrilled with the heat though... I don't have all equipment I need though...

Temps got to 83 after 20 minutes. I have a bum ducting job just trying to mock set up and play with it.

Equipment is as follows:
Gavita 600 Pro New E Series
Gavita El2 controller
3x3 Gorilla Grow Tent
8in Hyperfan for exhaust
39in Phresh Filter
8in Hyperfan for intake

Filter is to big for tent. So I ran it outside of tent with fan on it blowing in. Prefilter is cut to fit and on inside of filter. I'm using 6in ducting to reducer to the fan. Noticed lots of pinholes and light leaks in tent around stitching windows corners and zippers. House temp was 70 to 72 degrees. Forced air air conditioning. Filter was sitting by tent. I am wanting 5degree diff between ambient and tent temp. Was not using intake fan when I did this test. Was more of a lets plug everything in and see it run yes run though. Got to wait a week or so before getting more stuff like intake filter, pots, duct tape, propper ducting, circulation fans etc.

Thought El2 was broken cause thermometer wasn't plugged in all the way. Didn't want to turn fan on full blast cause lots of vibration to the floor (upstairs apt & 1am). Play with it more tomorrow. Trying to get pictures but phone takes pics that are to big. Windows at&t go phone. Trying to resize pics with aps but they want file size greater than 50 (kb?)

Will post more later.

Do you guys use a shop vac and saucers for watering or some type of flood tray?
I'm anxious to get this tent roaring.

Latest posts

Back