Pot Belly's 70 watt HPS grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pot Belly

Honeywagoneer
Reaction score
Going to start on another little grow journal. This one consists of a WWxNB female plant LST'd in similar fashion to my other grows. Same nutes, soil, etc...... I'm going to try one 70 watt HPS to see what my yeild will be.

She is still vegging and will be several weeks before she goes into flower. She's been topped, and is recovering from the stress. She's got to green up a bit, so N is on the menu.

Veg - WWxNB.JPG

WWxNB.JPG

I will be subscribing to this thread to keep tabs on your progress. I hope everything goes well for you. Some N will definitely make her look much better. She is looking good though my friend. Keep us posted. Until then, grow it big. Take care.

Looking good PB. Here's some GREEN MOJO for the young lady. ;) Should get a nice yield off her using that 70 watt hps. :hubba:

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Looking good PB. Here's some GREEN MOJO for the young lady. ;) Should get a nice yield off her using that 70 watt hps. :hubba:

Thanks for the MOJO bruthah.:aok:

This will be my first attempt to flower a WWxNB, and using only one 70 Watt hps for flowering. This will be a "don't knock it till ya try it" kinda grow. I am hoping to get at least 2 to 2.5 oz off her at harvest, but we'll see.:cool:

Veg, baby, veg:p .......Oh yea, she is vegging under a 70 watt MH at the moment.

EASY!!!! WWxNB is White Widow x Northern Bright yea?

I'll pull up a chair for this one... Is this the only plant under the 70 watter? And I take it its a clone, or was it grown from seed? How old is she now?

Thorn said:
EASY!!!! WWxNB is White Widow x Northern Bright yea?

I'll pull up a chair for this one... Is this the only plant under the 70 watter? And I take it its a clone, or was it grown from seed? How old is she now?

Hehe. Good try. White Widow x NorthernBerry (which is a x of Northern Lights and Blueberry.):hubba:

She'll be the only one in flower under the 70 watter. Grown from seed, I put a cutting off her in a cup of water in my flowerbox and it showed pistils in 6 days. She popped the surface from seed about 2 1/2 months ago.

hehe cool, thanks for correcting me, i'm sure there is a strain northern bright but yea northern beryy makes more sense! :D Sounds nice though :) How many lumens does that 70watter give out?

Thorn said:
hehe cool, thanks for correcting me, i'm sure there is a strain northern bright but yea northern beryy makes more sense! :D Sounds nice though :) How many lumens does that 70watter give out?

70 watt HPS = 6,300 lumens.;)

Hey PB nice grow as always. Can you show me what your 70 watt HPs looks like. I bought a 70w HPS at Home Depot a while back i may start using that depending on how this grow goes. Keep up the good work.

bigbudsbruddah said:
Hey PB nice grow as always. Can you show me what your 70 watt HPs looks like. I bought a 70w HPS at Home Depot a while back i may start using that depending on how this grow goes. Keep up the good work.

That light you have is the same one sold everywhere. You've got the right one. I gutted my light and remote mounted the socket, and ballast. When my current plant in flower comes out, I will swap out the 150 w HPS that's in there now, and install the 70 watt'er. I've got a few more days before that happens. I'll get you a pic when I make the swap;)

Thanks for stopping in bbb:)

Hey PB what ballast you got for that 70 watter and where did you get it from? Was it ordered or available in a store?

Lookin good PB, yep those lil 70watters are nice. Thorn you can get em at Home Depot. They got 50W HPS and 70W HPS some have up to 150W they are flood lights. You can also get em at a local electrical company too ;) They "should" come with the bulb as well. Basically a buck a watt for those lil one...50 for a 50W and 70 for a 70W of course prices can and will vary. but you can count on payin at most that much.

Thorn said:
Hey PB what ballast you got for that 70 watter and where did you get it from? Was it ordered or available in a store?

What Mutt said. To a "T".;)

Latest posts

Back