Watering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks I have a question. Do y’all check your ph after you add nutes? I never even thought of it. I use ro water and usually ph the water between 6.6-7.0. Then I add my nutrients. Last night I harvested my sour diesel but I still have 2 other plants that need feeding tomorrow. Tonight after I adjusted the water and adding nutrients I rechecked it and it was at 5.5. I readjusted it to 6.6. Do you check before and after?
I always Check my PH AFTER adding nutes. some nutes will raise or lower your PH

Last edited:
I use the Smart pots myself with the velcro on the side. Im just curious, you don't transplant into bigger size pots? what is your yield per plant in a one gallon? 40 ladies in 3 gallon smart pots my partner threw into the bloom room last week without asking me. kinda freaking out. I usually Transplant my clones Into 4x4 inch "pots" then 3 or 5 gallons. my indoor up to 10 gallon pots. my outdoor a whole different ballgame. Looking for advice here as my business partner does things HIS WAY on indoor growing.
Actually, plant size and pot size have not correlated for me at all. I put seedlings in one pot and leave them, the entire grow. Minimum size pots have always worked well. Less dirt, less odor of dirt. I seldom use anything larger than a 2 gallon air-pot they dry fast avoid musty odors. It's the seed or clone and veg length that determines size, in my experience.

Humm,,very interesting. I grow everything in 3 to 5 gallon pots. Always thought taproot depth was important. Might have to try that sometimes. So they dont get root bound in 1 or 2 gallon pots?

Someone on another forum told me that if the ph of your runoff is lower that what you’re putting in should you bump up the ph of the water or nutrients to get it closer to what should be at the roots? I watered my plants today. Ph going in was 6.8. Runoff was avg of 5.5.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back