Close-to-death plant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farseer

Reaction score
Hi guys. Im new to the forums so I'd like to give a shout out to all fellow growers in here.
Ok, so I have a huge problem. I recently had to leave my poor Lemon Skunk unattended... and of course the worst happened. The only person to blame is me, but I had nobody to ask for help. Anyway, I left the plant for about 3 weeks, and I just came to see it yesterday. To put the story short, it's near death and I was just wondering what advice you guys can give me. A lot of leaves have just died, they turned yellow and withered, theres definately no saving them. The worst struck a few buds. They turned completely black and crumble when I touch them. I noticed that on the main stem there are a few brown lines on it, as if the stem is affected as well. The problem I believe is too much water. It was raning here for about a week, none stop. That, and no sunlight devastated my Skunk. I applied some nutrients, because I think the water flushed away everything in the soil. Guys, do you think there is a chance I can save the plant? The trichomes are brown, as in they look dead. They are not dark, as if ready to harvest. The buds that survived are still nice and green, but overrall they look like a husk compared to what I left before my abscence. The plant is about 4-5 months old, which means harvest is around the corner. I'm ashamed I let the plant suffer like this, but there was no possibility of me looking after it for a few weeks. This is my first plant ever, and it was doing absolutely fantastic before. So what do you guys think? What should I do? Thanks for your replies and peace!

Pictures, pictures, pictures :)

I'd say, ride it out and harvest what you can. But that's a vague statement by me. Get some pics up please.

Like DGF said, pictures would help. However, unfortunately, it does not sound like this plant is going to recover.

Sorry guys, for not asnwering. Ok, so closer inspection has shown that there are some black/grey hairs pn some parts of the buds. So it's probably mold. I've chopped away all the infected areas, but I'm still scared that other areas have been affected as well, but I just dont see them. Do you think it's time to start drying (I've got around 2 more months before actual harvest). And if I start drying will the spreading of the mold cease as well? MY attic is very warm and the humidioty level;s should not be high. What do you fellow growers think?

I don't understand your question, what do you mean time to start drying if you have 2 more months to go? Is a dehumidifier in order? Be very careful with mold. The spores will be everywhere.

I mean to stop the spores spreading should I just try to save the rest of the plant and start drying it in a dry place? I understand mold and fungus love humid areas, so maybe keeping it in a dry place will not allow the mold to spread? By the way, I am growing it outside, not indoors.

If there is 2 months to go to harvest, there really isn't much to "dry" (I believe you mean harvest and dry?). The trichs would be so immature as to have little to no THC.

Hmmm thats true, but what do you propose I do? Its better to save what I have than ending up with nothing.

Not if the buds are moldy--that stuff can play havoc with your lungs. Is there any possibility of getting some pictures? It really is hard to try and offer good advice when only going on descriptions.

Well, I'll try to, but like I said, it's a black/grey looking mold on a bud. It has black hairs.

Latest posts

Back