list of supplys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad

Legalize it in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I dont know if this can be useful to anyone but i'll post it anyways,its basically a list of stuff i'm gonna be buying within the next month for my 08 grow.i already have my hydroponic system so you wont see this listed but i will post everything else.as well as price.i've done some serious looking around for the best prices and horizen hydroponics in grand rapids,michigan has the best prices i've been able to find.ok,here we go.we'll do it by category
*** Lights
-(2 or 3) econo 400 watt hps $100 plus s&h each from insidesun.com
***nutrients/additives for veg
-gallon of ionic grow (i already have but theyre like $25)
-small bottle of superthrive $10 at home depot
-quart of general hydroponics ph up $12.98 @ hhydro.com
-quart of general hydroponics ph down $12.98 at hhydro.com
-quart of batanicare hydroguard $13.95 at hhydro.com
***nutrients/additives for flowering
-gallon of ionic bloom $31 at hhydro.com
-gallon of ionic boost $27 at hhydro.com
-liter of advanced nutrients Carbo Load liquid $17.60 at hhydro.com
***rockwool,covers,and hydroton
-40 pk of 4'' block covers $5.75 at hhydro.com
-32 pack of Grodan rockwool macro plugs $6.75 at hhydro.com
-8 pk of 4'' grodan rockwool cubes $8 at hhydro.com
-10 liter bag of hydroton $12.95 at hhydro.com
***ph test kit (i will probably be getting a ec/ph meter instead but if not then im just gonna get this)
-8 oz bottle of general hydroponics ph test indicator $9.50

Theres my shopping list.thank you to all you other fellow American tax payers for the tax rebate check :D it'll definitly do some stimulating around my neck of the woods;) -PEACE

^^^JUST TO THINK ALL I NEED IS AN... HPSLAMP A FEW GROWBAGS SOME SOIL AND SOME SEEDS. got my check today but looks like ill have alot more left over than you will..and better nuggs. lol
sOIL iS tHe oNLy WaY!

better nugs too huh? lol ok dude cuz you just know what i'm growin.i've grown in soil probably since you were shi**in in diapers.ive been there,done that..time to try hydroponics. soils not the "only way to go" not only that,but "a few bags" i'm gonna be growin 50 plants bud....try doin that with soil,you need 50 5 gallon buckets if you want good results.its cool if you come into my threads,but dont chime in with the dumb @#$% growin weeds like an investment.if you spend time learning so you know what your doin,or if you've been growin for a while (like me) you know you'll get it all back.not to be a dck,but you offended me with that.you dont know me and you dont know what i'm growin so dont try to compare me and you.thanks-peace

oh,and i'm married with 2 kids so even after i buy this stuff,i'll still have more than you,unless of course your in the same boat.my wife (soon to be ex) is givin me the whole rebate.shes that confident in my growing.she knows she'll get her money.you ask..why would she do that..i've been growin a long time.not to brag but i know the plant pretty damn good.i could easily buy 5 buckets/grow bags,seeds,and a few bottles of ionic and call it good but i've always grew with next to nothin.i've had good results,but time has come for me to try something new

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
better nugs too huh? lol ok dude cuz you just know what i'm growin.i've grown in soil probably since you were shi**in in diapers.ive been there,done that..time to try hydroponics. soils not the "only way to go" not only that,but "a few bags" i'm gonna be growin 50 plants bud....try doin that with soil,you need 50 5 gallon buckets if you want good results.its cool if you come into my threads,but dont chime in with the dumb @#$% growin weeds like an investment.if you spend time learning so you know what your doin,or if you've been growin for a while (like me) you know you'll get it all back.not to be a dck,but you offended me with that.you dont know me and you dont know what i'm growin so dont try to compare me and you.thanks-peace

:angrywife: SORRY TO GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH..! :holysheep: MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO SMOKE THAT KILLER HYDRO NUGG AND CHILL OUT..DUDE!
YOU TRYING TO COME OFF LIKE YOU MR GROW EXPERT..YOU JUST ANOTHER GREEN HORN!!!!!!!!!

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
oh,and i'm married with 2 kids so even after i buy this stuff,i'll still have more than you,unless of course your in the same boat.my wife (soon to be ex) is givin me the whole rebate.shes that confident in my growing.she knows she'll get her money.you ask..why would she do that..i've been growin a long time.not to brag but i know the plant pretty damn good.i could easily buy 5 buckets/grow bags,seeds,and a few bottles of ionic and call it good but i've always grew with next to nothin.i've had good results,but time has come for me to try something new

who cares and who asked..? you dont take well to sarcasm do you?
your soon to be ex wife gives you money to grow weed and she has known that you grow mad weed.? <thats your first prob right there!

lol.go find another thread to chime in about some done s$%t.
you arent even worth my time. but for others that are reading this post and are. you said "got my check today and it looks like i'll have alot more left over than you" you said this not knowin my situation and how much my rebate check will even b-4 but in actuallity,my check will be for $1800,even after i get all my supplies..this will still leave me with more than you (if your a single person,by the way you chimin in about stupid stuff,i almost guarantee your single)This would leave me with more left over than you,therefore making your comment totally stupid and untrue. and now to the next stupid comment "soils the only way to go" ARE YOU RETARDED?!!
soilds definitly not the "only way to go" its one of the many ways to grow.does weed grown in soil grow faster than weed grown hydroponically?
...exactly, 9 times outta 10..no! is it usually just as good as weed grown hydroponically..yes. and the next stupid comment "and i'll have better nugs" do you know me..do you know what im growin..do you know how many years i've been growin...exacly..you dont!! so who are you to come onto my thread and start comparin me and you...not knowin a thing about me? alright then,its not my panties that were in a bunch..it was your when you chimed in your comment that was totally stupid from beginning to end.see where im comin from? and as far as your other stupid comment trying to talk about somethin you know nothin about.i've grown alot of plants in the past,just i always grew in soil..are you the only one that didnt get this? instread of comin onto peoples thread and trying to chime in about some stupid stuff (like you did here) go learn how to grow and NEVER compare yourself with someone you know NOTHIN about...end of story

Dankerz said:
:angrywife: SORRY TO GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH..! :holysheep: MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO SMOKE THAT KILLER HYDRO NUGG AND CHILL OUT..DUDE!
YOU TRYING TO COME OFF LIKE YOU MR GROW EXPERT..YOU JUST ANOTHER GREEN HORN!!!!!!!!!

Boy, aren't you the obnoxious one! You are the one who needs to chill out. Quit shouting, it is rude.

You might want to consider 2 600w rather than 3 400w. The 600 gives more lumens per watt and the light penetration is far better with the 600.

You absolutely need an EC meter and a pH meter (IMO). Those little strips of paper are a pain when adjusting pH.

What are your plans for ventilation?

I was plannin on usin the 400 watts due to the fact insidesun has such a good deal on em.i see your point though.i think i might actually take your advise.i was just gonna see how much they would raise the electric bill..prolly 50-70 i would think.im growing in one of my bedrooms.i dedicated one of my 2 extra bedrooms for the setup. i have a widow in the bedroom that ill beable to open once a day to get fresh air in.its a 10 x 12 ft room so i should be good.i can also run my air conditioner if it gets too hot due to the lights but i highly doubt it will.im gonna have cool tubes hooked up and vented out the window in a way that it wont be visible outside.im also gonna be runnin a couple of the homemade carbon scrubbers dltoker posted to control the scent.it should be alot of fun.ive grown on and off in soil for the most part outdoors the last 17 yrs. i'm geeked to be growin hydroponically =)oh and the ph meter.i've been lookin for one the past couple days.can anybody recommend one that' i wont have to spend a few hundred on? good one for like $150?anyways,thanks for checkin out the thread and thanks to that sweetheart goddess for backin me up with my situation with that ignorant dankers.i've never understood comparing yourself with someone you know nothin about.it just isnt right. =) -peace

I just love hydro and growing inside. I commune with my plants most every day. It is nice to be able to have a separate area for veggie and flowering. I used a spare bedroom for a while, but found I like using 2 closets off my bedroom better. I didn't need all the space of a whole bedroom and I always worried about security. I have a 3 x 6.5 x 7.5 closet for flowering and a 4 x 2 x4 area boxed off in another closet for vegging. Both of these spaces are accessible from my bedroom only.

What kind of hydro are you doing?

Dankerz said:
Blah Blah Blah i am a stupid Dushe.... Blah Blah Blah

Yo man you need to grow up.. We are just trying to have a piece full place for people to share with one another....

And whats up Aurora_Indicas_Dad, sounds like a nice list. I would also sagest going with the 600W rs And i know how money goes but i would recamind you getting air cooled hoods, they have so many benefits... Good luck bro. Got any questions about the hydro part hit me up..

Dankerz said:
damn dankerz, you need to tone it down! were here to show & tell (you know like in yesterdays kindergarten class). if you wanna bash go to gra$$c!ty where all the minors diss eachother to feel superior. just sit down & listen to this guys knowledge you might learn!
PEACE!

oh yeah aurora, the reason i originally replied was superthrive is $7 @ wally world, not that it really matters

im gonna be growin nirvana fourway,white widow,jock horror,aurora indica,and mandalas kalichokra on an igs system.(dripper system)
my local hydroponic shop told me it was the better systems they sold.since i've been shoppin there for the past 15 yrs,i figured i could take their word.i think i'm gonna use it for this grow,but im thinking i might construct a system like norcalhal uses for my permanent setup.if i had a large walk in closet i'd probably go with that but all my closets are not very big so thats why i'm usin my bedroom.i look at it like this....if the cops are raidin you..there gonna find it whether its in the closet out of sight,or in plain sight in the bedroom.i do have a lock on the door but i live by myself and dont have many people come over or any drama in my life so i feel pretty comfortable doin it in my extra bedroom.plus im home all day so i am here to secure my house.not only that but i live by the #1 rule,never tell anybody you know when your growing. (obviously besides your family....hell,sometimes not even them though) so i'm not worried about any jelous people tryin to break into my house.and not only that but im looking at a 130 pound doberman on my floor right now that would probably make someone lunch if they even tryed =) later

thanks alot for the support.i've seen that kid doin the same thing in a couple other threads also.thanks for all the help timmy.lets show the forum what ionic can do =) your lemons look great. i think i will take your guys' word as far as the lighting goes.is it worth the extra money for the air cooled hoods or will i be fine just usin the homemade cool tube? i'll have to go do some lookin around to see what the difference in price is. anyways thanks alot guy.

oh,sorry i didnt see where you commented on the superthrive docfish.i dont think theres a wally world where i live.i heard they sold it at walmart also but i went there and they told me they didnt,so i'm thinking it must just depend on the store. but thanks though,that should help someone out that does live by a wally world - peace

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
oh,sorry i didnt see where you commented on the superthrive docfish.i dont think theres a wally world where i live.i heard they sold it at walmart also but i went there and they told me they didnt,so i'm thinking it must just depend on the store. but thanks though,that should help someone out that does live by a wally world - peace
yeah where im @ we call wal mart "wally world" but i guess you already were down that path.

ohh lol,never heard of that b-4. i guess i'll have to get taxed the extra 3 bucks =) and the "widow" i accidentally mistyped window =) thanks for the tip on the meter-later

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
thanks alot for the support.i've seen that kid doin the same thing in a couple other threads also.thanks for all the help timmy.lets show the forum what ionic can do =) your lemons look great. i think i will take your guys' word as far as the lighting goes.is it worth the extra money for the air cooled hoods or will i be fine just usin the homemade cool tube? i'll have to go do some lookin around to see what the difference in price is. anyways thanks alot guy.

Air cooling is really the way to go. I have a large sealed reflector for my 1000W, but I think that a homemade cool tube would work just fine. I makes an incredible amount of difference when you air cool your lights. If you make your own cool tube, there is a plumbing fitting called as "no-hub coupling" that works really well to connect ducting, fans, and the cool tube (throw the rubber piece away and just use the metal sleeve part).

You are planning on doing a grow journal aren't you, to keep us all updated?

Latest posts

Back