Getting ready to chop...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep Gooch, that's why we are here in the beginners forum... But I think I see a couple dots of amber in that pic on right..

Whoa man nice job kudos to you. Yeah I can see why you might be ansy you are so close, maybe another week, don't wanna miss your window though. Is it possible that some strains just don't really get to that amber color not that the chemical change with age isn't happening but just that it doesn't really show in that way.
THE QUESTION ABOVE IS AIMED TOWARDS THE GENERAL COMMUNITY*

I hear you Joe already have some papaya seeds for the next grow..These sativas are Long winded...:watchplant:
Where did you get the papaya? I had a bad germ rate for mine.

Yarddog got my papaya from Nirvana.... ?? Sure hope that they pop. Will most likely wait more toward spring my room is in an unheated garage.

Mine came from nirvana as well. Bought them in June or July this year. I still have four beans. I plan on popping till I get a girl and clone up a set to bloom. I planted 6 or so beans and only had two sprout. One a girl. Then my light fell on the girl a few weeks ago. Didn't kill it, but I needed more space, and she was so poor so she got the boot. I'm really interested in this strain. I hope to get a girl and make a run. I've heard it's pretty good smoke.

You are doing a very good job dog. But why beans from Nirvana? If is just a money issue, there are good inexpensive beans out there. And none of them come from gypsy
( nirvana ). He is not a very good breeder.

I use cropkings they dont have a large selection but what they do have is solid

You are doing a very good job dog. But why beans from Nirvana? If is just a money issue, there are good inexpensive beans out there. And none of them come from gypsy
( nirvana ). He is not a very good breeder.
Not trying to derail op's thread. But it is still a subject he brought up.

I bought from nirvana for no reason in particular.
I think I will have the chance to run some of the OFC's finest on the next run. I must say I was not impressed with the papaya germ rate. I thought at first it was noobie failure. But that's the only strain I've had problems germing. The other three strains I've popped had almost 100%.

Myself Being a newbie, I thought that Nirvana was the spot.?? The papaya sure sounded great...

I've heard good stuff about papaya. And while I'm sure umbra is correct, he also has higher standards than some people. Let us know if you have problems germing. I'm curious.
I've got a few seeds left from that order. After I use them, I think I will be sourcing my seeds from a better place.

Will be a while before I try another grow but I will be here when I do. Also will be on the lookout for seed bank...Live & Learn..

I don't like nirvana seeds either. We did a grow on here from them as they were our sponsers and I did the master kush and jock horror, didn't like either one of them. Especially the growth on the kush..

I have smoked and loved the papaya. I have two and a half that are about ready to take. They were fem seeds and one was a twin.

Mr cane, if that is a sativa I would take it. Looks all cloudy to me. That is when i take mine.

Rose I will be taking it tonight, when the lights go on.. Setting up spare bathroom to hang.
Will see how the five papaya Fems do next time around.. On that note is it worth buying the Fem seeds?? No guarantee that they will be Fem. correct?

very very good chance they are.
I don't have the experience to say for "sure" but I will guess @ 90%
(now how many of those will go hermaphrodite is a bigger question)

I don't have the space or time to grow 3-6 plants, hoping 50%+ are feminine (with the possibility of -0-) so I have 75% FEM seeds in my "bank".
Unfortunately, some strains don't come FEM so I do have some REG seeds waiting till I have the space to find a girl.
(Satori, Chucky's Bride for example)
:48:

If I had to do it over and could find papaya that weren't feminized I would go regular seeds. I would rather have big strong seeds then these iffy ones I popped. All i could find last spring were fems. You can usually count on 50 % males and females.. But there could be all boys or all girls..

Hi mrcane. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time about nirvana. Have you ever heard of subcool? He is a breeder. He was on this site for a little while. He worked for gypsy doing the breeding and had quite a few horror stories about the man and his breeding practices. I'm not a huge fan of subcool, but he is a better breeder than gypsy will ever be.

No problem Umbra, I am here to learn & have a good time .. And as a newbie, Nirvana really has the advertisements out there To catch one's eye...

Yes the banners are every where. But the best genetics, rarely need advertising. Some breeders beans are sold out at the seedbanks in less than an hour, so that is telling you something about their work. Apparently, lots of folks on instagram showing their work. I'm not into the IG stuff, but that is where it is heading.

Nice Mr cane. Bet your excited about that.

Latest posts

Back