Flowering Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pothead

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am starting my Journal today on the 1st day of flowering. I haven't been keeping up with the journal from the beginning because I made a lot of mistakes and it took me almost 3 months to get my babies to where they are now.

I am going to concentrate on the hydro baby that I have. I also have 3 soil babies but they're not doing as well as the hydro. My plan is to eliminate the soil and have 3 water farms running.

I am praying that the hydro baby is a female. I am going to keep a close eye on them and I will be updating pictures EVERY DAY so that everyone will be able to see the whole process...

All the feedback is very much appreciated.

Day 1:

Today all I did was set the timer to 12/12. It will take effect at 11:59PM tonight. I am also keeping the food as it is for now (1100ppm at 6.0pH) but in about a week, when the plant realizes what is going on, I will begin the flower feeding (1500ppm at 6.0pH).

Let me know what you guys think.

DSC02959.JPG

DSC02960.JPG

Looks nice and healthy pothead, good job.
Hope it's a girl, cause it looks like she'd really pack em' on.

What strain?

Nice looking plants. Goodluck with flowering, i will be here watching if u have any questions :)

Thanks a lot on the input. I am also keeping my fingers crossed. I have a 4" carbon filter, which feels like its about 20 lbs or so, and i hope that its enough to keep the smell down. I have a questions, also. I have a 80cpm fan and I am wondering if it is strong enough to pull that air through?

PeaceKiller said:
Looks nice and healthy pothead, good job.
Hope it's a girl, cause it looks like she'd really pack em' on.

What strain?

This started out as a seed out of my daily smoke bag. I have no idea but I wish I knew...:confused2:

^yup, you will need a bigger fan. the plants look great! i have a supercropping thread that is in the sites growguides. i will dig them up if you need me to :D

other than that keep the ph around 5.6-5.8 and change the rezz every week. use distilled water with little ppm so your nutrient can buffer automaticly, adding nutes letting sit and get a baseline then ph if needbe then feed. making sure there is no light getting into the rezz and theres plenty of arreation. keep rezz temps around 65-72 degrees....anyhigher or lower can stunt growth and cause problems down the road. make sure your using a calibrated meter and a quality one at that- tds and ppm reading is a must. staying on top of your rezz will make your buds pour in.:)

trillions of atoms said:
^yup, you will need a bigger fan. the plants look great! i have a supercropping thread that is in the sites growguides. i will dig them up if you need me to :D

other than that keep the ph around 5.6-5.8 and change the rezz every week. use distilled water with little ppm so your nutrient can buffer automaticly, adding nutes letting sit and get a baseline then ph if needbe then feed. making sure there is no light getting into the rezz and theres plenty of arreation. keep rezz temps around 65-72 degrees....anyhigher or lower can stunt growth and cause problems down the road. make sure your using a calibrated meter and a quality one at that- tds and ppm reading is a must. staying on top of your rezz will make your buds pour in.:)

Hopefully today I can run by the hydroponic store and pick up a fan along with some other goodies. I'll post pics today and update you guys with Day 2.

What is supercropping? btw :rolleyes:

Hello everyone. Well the baby had an outstanding reaction to the light change. I am keeping the nutes as they are for a few more days since I'm still trying to squeeze out a little more size before it actually flowers. I am keeping an eye out on sex. Male plants are goners.

Here are the Day 2 pics. Enjoy! :48:

DSC02961.JPG

DSC02962.JPG

DSC02963.JPG

DSC02964.JPG

Just got back from the store. I didn't have enough for the fan but I got the following nute:

Via Bloom 0-52-34
By Viagrow

It says that the concentrated nutrient additive provides tremendous flowering and fruiting.

Says to mix 1 tsp per 5 gals of water....

Has anyone ever used this?

Hello everyone. So it's day 3 already and my baby is doing so well. I can see the leafs turning bright bright green and the edges are turning darker color. The change is very minimal so it is too early to tell but I will keep you guys updated. I am going to post the Day 3 pics in 10 minutes.

Today I premixed the nutes in the water jugs and am just letting them sit for a day or so. The ppm count is 1150 in both of the jugs and the pH is at about 5.8.

Today I put in the newly mixed solution into the reservoir. This is day four of flowering.

I am actually beginning to freak out because I can see little buds beginning to grow but they are so tiny that I can't tell if thats a seed or a bud. I am praying that it's a girl.

Here are some pics of Day 4

DSC02969.JPG

DSC02970.JPG

DSC02971.JPG

DSC02972.JPG

DSC02973.JPG

So it is day 5 of flowering and I am still not sure of the sex. I would really like some help with identifying the gender.

Everything else is still the same.

Also, does anyone have any idea what strain it may be?

DSC02974.JPG

DSC02975.JPG

DSC02976.JPG

DSC02977.JPG

sportcardiva said:
wow shes looking really good so fair hopefully its a girl

Yeah I am hoping that someone will be able to help me figure out its gender and strain. :D

Are you just talking about whether its indica or sativa dominant? To me it looks like a hybrid that leans toward indica. I don't think you will identify the strain. In your pics I don't see any gender traits yet. It looks awesome though, I really dig the bushiness. Best of luck.

Hey man, I think it could be a male. But let's hope not! Healthy plant, good job.

Latest posts

Back