First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been dealing with higher then normal humidity one day as high as 75%, because its raining and stormy here, I am trying to keep it in the 60% range, i think i need to setup an exhaust fan for when lights go out, damn i wish i had a temp/humidity controller that will be the next get fo sho

you need your exhaust 24/7 anyway, plants themselves release humidity and in stale air, you would get mold. in my growrooms, i cannot get by without a dehumidifier in late flowering due to the high humidity that is normally in my climate. i would normally have it running for the final 20 days or so

Well there is plenty of air circulation, i have my tent open, a window open, and fans blowing on it 24/7 so im not worries about stagnate air. Typically my tent has been between 35-50% steady, and i got a rain storm and didint account for it and it spiked to 75 one day and 65 today, and i have decided to keep my exhaust fan which pulls air through my lights and out of the room on, and it should keep the humidity steady i hope

very nice Gooch! you might be able to get by the final flowering stage with such humidity with a lot of strains or with a certain size of buds. but i have found it impossible to prevent bud mold when buds are very bulky and humidity is high even with a lot of air movement, the big buds will mold from their core so beware of that in later grows. this is a very nice 1st grow its a great start for you, do you have any clones ready for after harvest?

ZEM I definitely understand we dont want high humidity it was only 2 days hopefully it is not a problem especially since my buds seem on the larger side. I do currently have 3 more plants ready and at sexual maturity, 1 crown royal clone, one from seed and a white cookies from seed. I attempted 7 more clones and I only had the first one take. I am going to try to reproduce precisely what i did the first time with clones of the plants ready for flower and hopefully it works out. You can see the next set with the second link in my sig

Hang on Gooch, they are almost there. I am not seeing a lot of new calyx growth so they are getting close. :)

Yea they just keep getting more dense? they are all falling over even if i have them hung they just fall the other way lol

So i am curious, when it says 9 weeks wouldnt that be 70 days? I realize 9x7=63 but 63 would be first day of 9th week, so the last day of 9th week is 70, also beginning of week 10. Am i just on a good Wake-N-Bake

So i am curious, when it says 9 weeks wouldnt that be 70 days? I realize 9x7=63 but 63 would be first day of 9th week, so the last day of 9th week is 70, also beginning of week 10. Am i just on a good Wake-N-Bake

yeah lol because end of 10 weeks is 10x7=70 end of 9 weeks 9x7=63 ... jeez i want a bowl of what you just smoked

lol man it was good had me all confusalled

I am on day 73, still holding my patience as i am not seeing color yet, I may pull them this weekend im not sure. I changed the res gave them 1.7ec of base nutes and 1/2 tsp of potassium RAW, 1tsp of both kelp and amino acids for a total ec of 2.1 still only feeding them twice a day and keeping the humididty mad low in the 30's so i think im seeing some shrinkage lol

View attachment ww2-12-23-15.jpg

View attachment 12-23-15-ww1.jpg

View attachment 12-23-15-cr-bud.jpg

View attachment bubblicious-12-23-15.jpg

Do you not have an eye piece? Those look pretty rough. I haven't been in here and looks like you had some issues. Mojo for the harvest.

I do but i dont see any amber, they missed a feeding so they went about 20 hours without water thats why they look rough i think

they were starting to dry on the vine because my hose fell off my fill line and was just circulating inside the res, so they got no food or water for 20 hours and they did not enjoy that, as the leaves are now crispy, so I pulled the hindu kush which i found out was actually bubblicious lol I thought i lost the bubblicious apparently i lost the hindu kush, anyways here is that plant all chopped up and put into the drying box. I did not wash these as they were very crispy and i didnt want to chance it, the rest will be washed. not sure on weight as i dont have a scale but i would say3-5 oz would be a conservative guess the cola alone was probably an ounce easy, not sure what that might equal when its all done. Still have 3 more plants to pull.

Sorry for the shitty pics here is a better one

View attachment 12-25-bblicious-harvest-drybox1.jpg

View attachment 12-25-bblicious-harvest-drybox2-cola.jpg

View attachment 12-25-bubblicious-choice.jpg

The deed has been done. All plants are chopped down and the drying has commenced. I used a technique called bud washing on 3 of the 4 plants but none of the colas.
I have 1 plant in a drying box which has a fan that turns on every hour to push air out and pull it in, the temp is 65 and the humility is 62,
Then i have he other 3 plants that all got washed and they are all hanging in the flower tent temp is 75 and humidity is 46

View attachment 12-26-hanging.jpg

View attachment 12-26-harvest1.jpg

View attachment 12-26-harvest2.jpg

View attachment 12-26-stinkfinger.jpg

nice harvest...........I wear latex gloves when I trim

:48:

Yup me too G13, then toss it in the freezer when I'm done and thirty mins later you stretch the fingers and all the hash pops off nice and easy.

well i was handling them very gently so there wasnt much beyond what you see, I did not give them a fine trim, so anything with sugar is still on, but thank you for that tip i will definitely be using that when i do my fine trim, thats why i love this forum, so many little tricks and tips.

Has anyone done bud washing before?

Latest posts

Back