Kush, Purps, and BC Mango - Here We Grow Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will posting some updates tonight, all of my seedling are just about ready to be put into my system with i will be completing tonight as well.

I was just delayed a week or so because my Wife just gave birth to my 3rd child, a beautiful baby girl.

I promise I will update tonight tho

You Know it Hick, LMAO

Snuggles you were right about the purps, it is a very finaky strain, it likes what it likes and nothing else. 1 is very sensitive to nutes while 1 of the others loves em. Purps is not really a strain I would recommend untill you feel totally confident with your gardening skills. These are quick to show problems and they want the problems corrected quickly. It can get hard because you must be able to recognize different deficiencies and problems very quickly. With that said I have not had much problems with them, but i can definiately see where i could have.

This is a very gross picture...I know, i just got done sealing all my buckets with goop, inside and outside and I was too tired to turn off the light for a picture...I know, I'm lazy, lol

I truly thank you guys for getting on me because I was starting to procastinate, but you guys got the ball rolling again.

The plants are sitting in their net pots, in a rubbermaid waiting to be transferred into my system, that was not fully done:eek: , until tonight:D

This is a horrible pic, but tomorrow when I transplant them, I will get some better pics of the plant and you will get to see the whole system finally put together.

By the way the plants are very healthy, it is very hard to get a a good picture colour wise because I am running a 1000w hps, that drowns out all other colours except yellow and red, so it makes everything look yellowie red

DSCF0983.JPG

Here is how the water is returned back to the rez. I use tee's so I can connect 2 buckets to 1 hose.

1st pic shows the tee connected to each bucket

2nd pic shows the return line indise the bucket

Things will make a lot more sense once it is all together

DSCF0985.JPG

DSCF0986.JPG

Good to hear you are having luck with those Purps, mine had to be killed so I can't help much past the first 2 weeks of flower but it sounds like you have it figured out so far, it is a weird plant. Plants look like they are ready, are you LOL? Good luck

cant wait to see your setup and your plants i think im gunna try both in da future thank you

Okay time for a little update.

I still have not put my plants in my system yet because I have them sitting in a shallow water culture right now and they seem to be liking it. My system is completed but it is not really needed yet.

Because these plants are doing so well in the makeship SWC I think I may wait until they are sexed to put them into my system, that way I will not have to deal with removing any males and transplanting clones to filll the males position. The nodes are just starting to alternate, and I would say that 70% of these plants will be sexed within a week, some in the next few days.

They are all smelling wonderful, except one of the purps with happens to be the runt, this purps smells rather spicey, kind of like skunky pepper, if that makes any sense. This plant will be destroyed as I do not want to use these genetics for breeding and I do not want to waste a space in my system because this is the exact pheno that I wanted to avoid. I may not actually destroy it, i may just put it with the rest of the plants that do not make the cut into the system...that is I will just transplant that into a soil-less medium of coco coir, and let it flower on its own.

Well here is a few pictures

DSCF1009.JPG

DSCF0998.JPG

DSCF0999.JPG

DSCF1003.JPG

DSCF1002.JPG

I thought that I would share a few pics of my mutants

The first is Kush- It is kind of hard to see but this kush plant is starting to grow an extra leaf. So instead of it coming out with 1 set of 2 nodes, it is growing a third. It is also starting to grow 2 main stems, almost like it was topped, but I have done nothing to these plants...Yet

The second is a Purps mutant that grew a leaf with 2 blades instead of 3, and the other leaf that does have 3 blades grew all of the blades the same size. This starting to grow out of its mutancy, and is turning out to be a very nice plant. This plant is potted in a soil-less mixture of vermiculite and pearlite, and has hydroton at the bottom of the pot to encourage excellent drainage.

DSCF1004.JPG

DSCF1005.JPG

DSCF1006.JPG

DSCF1007.JPG

Whats up MP. The future young ladies are looking great. Even the special ed ones. ;) Look foward to watching them grow into beautiful frosty ladies. :hubba: GREEN MOJO, GREEN MOJO, GREEN MOJO!

I have now confirmed 2 males, 1 purps and 1 Kush, this is totally fine with me as I needed 1 of both for an up coming breeding project.

The other 8 plants are showing female preflowers. I have 3 kush, 3 purps, and 2 BC mango that are showing female preflowers. They are also starting to really stink, but in a wonderful way. The purps is smelling like a grapey skunk, the mango smells of some dank sour mangos, and the kush smells...like kush, it is really hard to discribe the kush smell. A fruity, hashy, coffee skunky smell, it is wonderful.

Now that I have the plants all sexed, I am going to be cloning my best females to fill up my system and finally get them in their permanent home. I have 3 very vigorous plants, 1 of each strain, that will be mothered and be used in the system, while the other females have been transplanted and will be grown in a soil-less mix.

DSCF1013.JPG

DSCF1014.JPG

DSCF1015.JPG

DSCF1019.JPG

DSCF1020.JPG

DSCF1016.JPG

DSCF1017.JPG

DSCF1018.JPG

I had some Purps with some mutations LOL, they ended up growing OK too. Mine were also stretching more than I thought they would, yours seem stretchy at all? they eventually got squat on me so I didn't worry too much but it was weird:D. Looking good so far...hopefully the rest are ladies since you got the males you need.

Hope the family is doing well too, new baby and all....daddy must need his sleep

lookin great mp! congrats on the baby!

id be willing to be on the swc, the reason those two and that third in the corner are more vigerous is because they are getting more air. you can tell the two lines comming in are sitting on one side of the big one, and the other stone is shared between the big one and the other two. if you had another few lines comming in you could expect every one to be the size of the two bigger ones. (just an observation)

the plants look fabulous! i cant wait to see these babies boomin in yer new setup! :cool:

toke some for me brother! :bong1:

The lines have nothing to do with the placement of the air stones. Those are just the air lines, which would have to come from the same place as they are connected to the same pump. Those two plants were just always the most vigorous. They were the first to germinate, always had the faster growth rate and are just all around the strongest. They actaully didn't always have an air stones and an air pump, they were just wicking up the nute solution first, but those plants were just always the strongest.

This is not real uncommon for me, If I grow out 15 seeds, I will usually have 2-4 males, 2-3 runts, 2-3 very strong and vigorous plants and the rest will all just be avaerage. This is how i choose my keepers/mothers. These are what I look for when I breed as well. You have to keep in mind that every strain, even very stable ones will always have different phenotypes. Very good observation tho bro

Thanks for the respect

Congrats on the offspring and looks like a great grow you got going.

/me wanders into the back of the room to find himself a chair.

Latest posts

Back