Ghetto Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HydroManiac

Reaction score
This is my first grow journal happy to have MP community onboard,,,,,,
This endeavor hasnt sent me back much ive spent about 150 USD :holysheep:
List of products,,,,, DWC KIT WITH 65watt light which i broke 3rd or 4th day for 75 USD,,,,, Couple of bag seed from local clubs and bomb weed I got from a friend for 10 USD,,,,, PVC PIPE and Elbows and connectors for PVC pipe Guy sold me wrong connectors but i aint going back to suspicious walking around with PVC pipe stuff in your hand espiaclly with cops busting down on MJ OPs about 15 USD,,,,,,, 150watt HPS i got from eco light I KNOW I KNOW I CHEAPED OUT ON THIS ONE 31 USD including shipping :p
Air filter i already had that i got from walmart premade for 25 USD,,,,,, will see how she works when ladies are stinking ;)
Last and not least Schultz plant food I KNOW I KNOW GROWDUDE THG I KNOW ill try to figure better method :p
Ill also be using SuperThrive and a rooting hormone to increase veg state,,,, still need to get 2 more 23watt CFL's as im running on 2 right now,,, I need more Grandma's molasses "unsulphured" the " surprise" Natural Sweetner

Any questions or comments be appreciated thanks for stopping by my first grow journal GREEN MOJO all around :hubba:

HydroManiac said:
This is my first grow journal happy to have MP community onboard,,,,,,
This endeavor hasnt sent me back much ive spent about 150 USD :holysheep:
List of products,,,,, DWC KIT WITH 65watt light which i broke 3rd or 4th day for 75 USD,,,,, Couple of bag seed from local clubs and bomb weed I got from a friend for 10 USD,,,,, PVC PIPE and Elbows and connectors for PVC pipe Guy sold me wrong connectors but i aint going back to suspicious walking around with PVC pipe stuff in your hand espiaclly with cops busting down on MJ OPs about 15 USD,,,,,,, 150watt HPS i got from eco light I KNOW I KNOW I CHEAPED OUT ON THIS ONE 31 USD including shipping :p
Air filter i already had that i got from walmart premade for 25 USD,,,,,, will see how she works when ladies are stinking ;)
Last and not least Schultz plant food I KNOW I KNOW GROWDUDE THG I KNOW ill try to figure better method :p
Ill also be using SuperThrive and a rooting hormone to increase veg state,,,, still need to get 2 more 23watt CFL's as im running on 2 right now,,, I need more Grandma's molasses "unsulphured" the " surprise" Natural Sweetner

Any questions or comments be appreciated thanks for stopping by my first grow journal GREEN MOJO all around :hubba:

Looks like you have a good start on things. I have a couple of questions and a couple of suggestions.

Did you go ahead with an 18 x 18 space? What is the PVC pipe and connectors for? On a side note, you must live in an entirely different kind of place than I do. No one in this part of the country looks suspicious carrying around PVC pipe and fittings--even women :eek:. Tell me more about your DWC kit--size of res, number of growing sites, etc. Have you got plants growing?

As far as your 150W HPS--that was probably your wisest decision. Just because it was inexpensive does not mean that you "cheaped out". It will provide good lumens per sq ft for your space, has the spectrum you want for flowering, and it is fairly easy to cool. Your are severly underlit with only 2 23W CFLs. Your priorities right now should be more lighting and some good growing nutes. I am going to keep harping on this since it is extremely important--you wouldn't expect an athlete to thrive on a diet of, say, Smack Ramen. Good nutes is one of the last places you want to go cheap. You can delay the purchase of molasses, your plants will not need the molasses until they are in flowering. A picture's worth a thousand words...can you post some pictures?

ok im 5 days into veg right now since i got back from Vegas on the 28th,,,,,,,,, I just added some more nutes the sprouts were loving it there growing big and healthy i dont intend on getting a fan yet so ill be pinching the stems say 14 days in,,,,,,, i still havent got pics up yet since i was atleast waiting to get my HPS light up before I did but i will soon should be arriving on the 7th,,,,, Got Court on the 7th heh,,,, Anyways ill keep you all posted on any changes to these plans thx for the help

P.S. THG your worries are noted and ill be looking into some grow nutes later on today since i have a appointment at one and im still up :( also THG I did decide with the 18x18 grow space I made a tent out of PCV I got a 4 site with 4 galleon res with a dual pump and pump with outlets for when i get into flower but that wont be till later

Sounds like your off to a good start. :aok: Here's some GREEN MOJO for the ladies. :hubba: Get some pics up when ya get a chance. ;)

Just got my HPS,,,,,,,,,,,,, setting it up right,,,,,, pics will be later stay tuned

ok bout 7 days in turning 12/12,,,,,,,,, will see what happens i dont have much more room,,,,,,,,,,,,, about 12 inches or so since the hps is bigger then i thought it be,,,,

here are the pics:p

Image015.jpg

Yea everyone smoke a fat one for me LIGHT IT UP IN MEMORY

Ok got some superthrive and grandmas molasses be using that soon to increase growth

Your right TBG but im right on it!!! Were about 16 inches away now i got them about 8 inches from the HPS,,,,,, I just started 12/12 any suggestions TBG??

Looking good, but they are stretching some. When I start plants in rockwool and then transfer to net cups and hydrotron, I usually put the rockwool cube on the bottom of the net pot and fill with hydrotron. You can "bury" part of the stem to help support it. I think you should let them veg a bit more. If height is a problem, do some training like LST, SCROG or let them get a bit bigger and top them. They need to have reached sexual maturity before they will start to flower, so you have some time...you could really fill up your space.

SCROG 042 (3).jpg

im already seeing alternating nodes,,,,,,, this morning when i woke up superthrive is doing its job,,,,,,,,,, i also changed the solution yesterday your right THG the HPS does shave off time from what i see,,,,,,,,,,, its maturing alot faster then with CFL's

Ok,,,,, Be updating pics there beautiful might do this tonight or 2morrow morning by the looks i have one female,,,,,, thx for the input THG, TBG, and Mass,,,, Im sure you be surprised with the growth as I am one thing did teach me YOU CANT SKIMP on light,,,,,, Im actually liking my setup since i can but put my 150 watt HPS right in the middle of my DWC,,,,, I guess im lucky like that :eek: :hubba:

Here are the pics :p there starting to get alternating nodes already im wondering when ill see the thx any guesses?? bbp said "30" days im still crossing my finger hoping i see them a lil sooner hehe :hubba: but enough wait and here are the pics,,,,,,,,,,,

PS if you see something wrong or wanna drop a lil advice feel free

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image023.jpg

Image024.jpg

Looking better and better everytime. ;) Just be sure and keep that light at a good distance as ya don't wanna burn them babies. :hubba:

Do you check your PH?
How are you mixing the nutes?

The leaves look a bit twisted.

I dont see alternating nodes, they look very young, I would have vegged them out some more before flowering, but they are filling out better.

Will be watching.

Latest posts

Back