GDP and PK..... 10 days into veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris1974

Reefer !
Reaction score
So here they are finally ! The pic's arent the greatest but I will get some more up soon and try to get better ones. This is first time hydro 4 me so its been realy fun making adjustments and figuring out the plants and their reactions !

so anyways tell me what you think of my girls and please, any advice is welcome ! :D

001.JPG

002.JPG

006.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

:banana: :clap:
Good job! now lets see those girls grow!

I will be keeping you up to date with pics for sure tcbud !
these lil women have been taking off like rockets once they rooted into the
blocks ! Gawd I love this stuff... !

From the pics I'd say 600watt HPS, Ebb n Flo, 4x4 tray, ~30 gal reservoir, grodan rockwool, sativa strain..?

U should check out my grows...looks like your setup!

Nice gro man!

Close OgKushman ...... Ok guys here's what I have set up !

* 4x4 botanicare tray
* 30 gallon resi
* 1000w HPS
* 6in Growdan rockwool delta

and your absoloutely right ! I have 12 Grandaddy purps veging, and 18
Purple kush veging !

When I switch over to flowering I have another 4x4 tray right next to the one in pic and I devide them up 15 to a tray, switch to a 100 gallon resi and put my light on a mover so I will only have to run 1 1000 HPS !

this is my first hydro grow, Does this sound like a good way to go OG ?

Here are some pics from thimorning :D ! This is day 12 and I noticed the stems to the leaves are a really pretty reddish purple color, is this normal for Grandaddy Purp ?

001-1.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

Sounds awesome. Light mover, +2 trays, ='s oh yea :bong:

Really good setup! 100 gal res is too big tho IMO. You may need ~60 or 2 pumps on 2 different timers and stick with 1 30 gal res. Then when 1 has finished draining the other can start filling. That'll save you a lot on chemicals. I would refill res at least every 5 days though.

GOOD LUCK! Keep us updated!

Ohh dude great idea ! why didnt I think of that :joint: lol.... :D I have a few more ideas as well ? after I harvest this first one Im sure I will make a few adjustments here and there. I am always trying to find a bettter way !
What are you doin for a set up OG ?

nice start chris. can see the love from my place. first hydro, eh? sending good karma to ya bud , and Green Mojo dude. :) ...

Heres a few more oics of my girls, just switched them over to 12/12 Friday :D ! they all seem to be very happy and healthy !

Room temp is 74* F, when light is on 68* F off
No humidity
PH is 5.8
just added some GH Kool Bloom with my GH 3 part

Really excited watching how much these girls change every day !
its been two years since my last grow so Im a infatuated right now :)
I tried to get my set up in some pic's too, so you all could see it !
How can I change the title of this journal ?

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

I took these thismorning and wanted to share how happy I am with my girs ! I thinned them out a litte on Wednesday cause they were getting really bushy down low, I left all of the big fan leaves because I was told they are crucial for plants sugars ? Can anyone elaborate on this ? I was also told they might stress a little from thinning them, but they are just as perky and happy as ever !

Anyways here they are and I am very proud of them, and couldnt be more happy with my success so far. Let me know what you think ? :D

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

My buddy gave me a few seeds a couple of weks ago, so just for fun i planted them in this pot i have out in the backyard in some regular ol potting soil and low and behold 3 weeks later this is what I ended up with ! :D I never expected them to grow ! I thought it was kinda funny so just wanted to share that

002-2.JPG

002-1.JPG

rock that 1000 chris.:) ...

plants look nice.

on taking fans- we don't (normally) do this. a mj plant stores up the food you give it on the underside of the fans. as your light hits the top of these fans, it fuels upward growth, and or budding. this is known as photosynthesis...;) ...

you want to limit your trimming, tying down, topping, to the veg stage.

i can see where trimming with a scrog is beneficial for air flow. anything you do to it in flowering, could become a potential hazard...jmo...

looking sweet bro...Irish...

IRISH said:
rock that 1000 chris.:) ...

plants look nice.

on taking fans- we don't (normally) do this. a mj plant stores up the food you give it on the underside of the fans. as your light hits the top of these fans, it fuels upward growth, and or budding. this is known as photosynthesis...;) ...

you want to limit your trimming, tying down, topping, to the veg stage.

i can see where trimming with a scrog is beneficial for air flow. anything you do to it in flowering, could become a potential hazard...jmo...

looking sweet bro...Irish...

Right on ! Thanks Irish, I was hoping someone coud give me the right info on the fans. I was a bit worried about thinning them as well :confused: ?
this is my second grow and the first in hydro, so all of the help you can offer is greatly appreciated ! I am using the GH 3 part and I just added Kool Bloom when I transitioned into flower ! I also have been using Diamond Nectar and Flora Blend as well, do you recomend anything I might wanna add to stimulate the flowering process ?

:ciao:
:watchplant:
I'm looking for some recommendations on nutes myself... i'll be pulling up a chair.. :48:

Good looking grow..

I just harvested a PK plant, its been in the jars for 2 days, it looks bomb but I only got 35 grams off of a huge multi branch plant.. I think it will do great as a smaller single cola plant... Ill keep watching.

heres some pics of what you have to look forward to.

phpaJoXMFPM.jpg

phpDWOidAPM.jpg

phpfoUe05PM.jpg

How can I change the title of this journal ?

Go to the first post. Hit Edit. Hit Go Advanced, change the title. Hit Save. Give reason if you like.

Looks great on your progress! Purple strains very often have redish color in stems/branches. Moving light.....so cool.

Latest posts

Back