Malawi Gold aka "Chamba"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
:icon_smile:

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure how many of you kind and gentle people are hip to MG, but it seems to have some kinda reputation:

hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malawi_Gold

Anyway, some months back I got some seeds from Paradise Seeds via Attitude.

Here are the pics of my four little babies (gender unknown).

I'm hoping to keep this journo up. This is not a quickie like some of you auto types - this will be cured by the end of October if I get any girls :)

(BTW, I decided I am only buying fem seeds from now on, if I need any more that is. I seem to have plenty.

Details:

FF Ocean Forest
G.O. nutes - 1/2 portion for the moment
T5s @ 18/6

Sure doesn't look very Sativa-ish at the moment does it? Those are some fat leaves IMO.

Comments and encouragement welcomed :)

Cheers!

photo.JPG

photo1.JPG

oh ya..the malawi....i grew this last year....14 weeks to finish........you better top it now and then top it every 2 weeks....hang on dude she gets really tall and wide....
enjoy

also what kind of light are you using.....as she does not take kindly to the light being within 3 feet of her....In my experience only......i use a 1000w

also if they are not in 12/12 yet....i would do it now

greenjoe said:
oh ya..the malawi....i grew this last year....14 weeks to finish........you better top it now and then top it every 2 weeks....hang on dude she gets really tall and wide....
enjoy

also what kind of light are you using.....as she does not take kindly to the light being within 3 feet of her....In my experience only......i use a 1000w

also if they are not in 12/12 yet....i would do it now
Wow, wow, wow... This is solid advice, thx.

If I get one girl I think I'll be content. :icon_smile:

Here's another pic of the tallest one - I swear to goddess ;) - an inch since last night...!

Cheers,

photo.JPG

Moto-Man said:
Wow, wow, wow... This is solid advice, thx....

Here are pics of my recently transplanted Malawi Gold plants. I FIM'd them last week. As I am looking at them now, they are taller than when I took this pic 13 hours ago. This should be a pretty interesting grow.

Cheers,

photo.JPG

photo2.JPG

pullin up me beanbag chair for this one, can't wait to dig your malawi.

:peace:, n' much buddage

7ge

7greeneyes said:
pullin up me beanbag chair for this one, can't wait to dig your malawi.

:peace:, n' much buddage

7ge

Appreciate it... and grateful for earlier advice too(!). This is a mad growing plant... I'll say it - they're unruly! They grow too fast! lol What tf did I get myself into this time?

We will see but initial observations suggest that I may well have 3 out of 4 girls. I def have one boy there already.

Pics soon!

Cheers,

good luck with those giants... I was reading the wiki on it and it said

"Religious Usage
Malawian Rastafarians have been using Marijuana as part of their spiritual awakening for years. The Rastafarians cite religious importance in the use of the plant.[5] Chamba growers also often use Magic to protect themselves and their fields."

Are you thinking of using some magic to protect your grow? lol

later s

some sativa strains have been known to start with fat leaves, then get thin and long as they mature...just a little food for thought

btw, wow they look like their growing fast, i'd taake green joe's advise and flower now lol

much mojo for you

:ciao:

Aloha Moto~

Ok, WOW! And I thought mine grew fast!

*Subbed, chaired, and with snacks in hand (s) lol, lookin forward to ur adventure~

Mucho grande GREEN MOJO~

you know I have 70 to 90 daze jack herrer and use to grow a clone only potent skunk and that long bloomer kicks that instant high effect of the skunks butt...lol...those 14 weeks will stack on so much weight and so much resin and trichs....

What you got there will be Connaseur Cannabis of the utmost, even with a male (if you get one) I'd keep that pollen and make some sexy x's.

:peace:

7ge:stoned:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for stopping by, it has been over a week since I reported on my Malawi Gold. There was a second male and while it was tempting to keep one going, I have security concerns that prevented that from happening.

I do have two bona fide females though and here is a pic of them. They were FIMed weeks ago and I trimmed a second time as well. I figure these pots will keep them relatively smaller as well.

Cheers,

photo.JPG

looking good...one thing on the malawi that i had and a few of my friends had.....watch out for bananas around week6-9...not saying this will happen to yours....just that it happened to me and a few friends...
looking very nice!!
oh ya my fan leafs were the size of dinner plates..12' wide she was......there is a pic somewhere on that

:ciao: Moto~

YAY! Two "ladies" for MM!
Hawaiian GREEN MOJO-Moto!

aloha~

puasurfs said:
:ciao: Moto~

YAY! Two "ladies" for MM!
Hawaiian GREEN MOJO-Moto!

aloha~

Hey guys 'n gals, I know it's been a few weeks, I have been "très beezy" as we sometimes say in French, and then I did Floyd Fest for a long w/e - (anyone else check that out? Nice vibe, but I digress :)

OK, here's a pic of my two girls now... Sativa sure is slow compared to Indica, seems to me. No worries, I'm in no hurry.

I was wondering how much sense it might make to put these girls under the sun outside - now that I have a 7' high fence around the backyard - I have a mind to germinate some indica and put those in the flowering space - the two subspecies might be ready to chop at around the same time.

Check out the pic, I have been dealing w/ nute burn for a few weeks now.. and flushing.. these lil girls seem quite sensitive.

Thanks for passing by, my friends.

Cheers,

photo.JPG

Hey guys 'n gals,

My flowering area leaves much to be desired and in the last few months, temperature control has been problematic. I also think my 400W HPS cool tube does not afford enough light in my ~4'x4' area.

Also, I'm not sure what might inform the mottled appearance of the leaves here. And compounding my angst is the fact that there is very little trichome production going on, which I suspect has to do with the higher temps I'm experiencing. Would you concur?

Anyway, in a week or so, I am expanding to a 4.5' x 5' flowering space - 8 feet tall - and I'm gonna spring for a 1000W HPS. I will post progress on the appropriate sub-forum. I know I will have questions regarding cooling and ventilation.

Cheers!

photo.JPG

:ciao: Moto

Been awhile, huh? Glad to hear your expanding. Loving the show, and nice buddage my friend!

Drft

Latest posts

Back