Malawi Gold aka "Chamba"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000w will be a great improvement for your space as you are currently under lit---may even think of getting 2-600w lamps instead

OK, I think it has been 16 weeks now - that's four months for you math majors ;) - and these girls are still not yet done under my crappy 400W HPS, which used to fuel some real nice grows in the past...(!)

The cola that you see center-ish is about two feet long and since my last post it has gotten noticeably fatter and heavier. This happy development has given me a bit of hope... and also perhaps greater insight into our peaceful hobby and my dilletante-ish efforts heretofore.

I will do Malawi again but not until I have my flowering space improved upon.

Cheers!

photo.JPG

Moto Thats impressive for a 400 man... congrats... 16 weeks tho is KILLER... I have a Bodhi's NL#5 x Mawali Gold but im scared to run her bc they say some phenos will go 14+ weeks and really tall... :48:

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Moto Thats impressive for a 400 man... congrats... 16 weeks tho is KILLER... I have a Bodhi's NL#5 x Mawali Gold but im scared to run her bc they say some phenos will go 14+ weeks and really tall... :48:

Thanks bro, if you go to the 2nd post from our colleague greenjoe who recommended I switch to 12/12 quickly, you can see how small they were when I did just that.

I imagine if I had a 1000W and cooler temps things would be better, but I took a lil bud the other day and even "raw", this smoke is quite aromatic with a heady kind of buzz. I think I will chop by this weekend as all the colas are hanging over each other... kinda neat to see that though :)

Still kinda bummed about crappy trichome production (I fault high temps more than anything - would anyone argue with that?) but when I do see them, I have a fair amount of amber showing.

Onward and upward!

Cheers everyone :)

hey man...so how did they turn out...did you get any bananas?

greenjoe said:
hey man...so how did they turn out...did you get any bananas?

Nah, no male thingies, but pretty crappy result, very loose and airy buds, my temps were way too high, I prolly shouldnt have grown in the summer at my latitude...

I think it was high temps that also led to very crappy trichome production, and what I do have gives a nice intense lil buzz that disappears in like 20 minutes. This only whets my appetite for what might be possible once I get my new room set up. I should be able to grow a 5-6' tall plant then.

Thanks again for your initial advice re 12/12ing when they were so small!

Cheers bro,

7greeneyes said:
I think he was growing weed?!? :rofl:

Yeah, I'm still a dilettante! ;) Thanks for playing.

moto....it was not your heat it was the strain....that is why i don't run it again...14=16 weeks for grade B....not worth it....IMO

greenjoe said:
moto....it was not your heat it was the strain....that is why i don't run it again...14=16 weeks for grade B....not worth it....IMO

This is reassuring thanks!

Latest posts

Back