08' indoor grow/ round 2 ( here we go again)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OliieTea said:
looks good so far. I, too, am thinking of switching to indoor growing. The weather is killing my crop each year so far. Even with a green house, we battled mildew.
Good luck Kt.

wheres the mold and mildew forming at? on the top of the soil or on the base of the stalk where it meets the dirt if not both.

Well heres the updated pics

the first 3 are all the small ones, NLxBB and 1 just topped ShishkaberryXNL
the second 3 are the 2 citral crosses and the willie nelson just topped.
the last 3 is a new addition to my closet which is NLxBB i think and had been flowering for 2 weeks before i got it. a side shot of it and a wide shot of the entire closet.

still running only 111watts total to conduct this grow(not including fan) but then again i don't got my bubble cloner running right now either so thats way lower. all in all everything is going good. I got this stuff called, Sub-culture listed as a "specialty nutrient/root inoculant.

.1/.04/.02 on the charts and is said to contain a wide diversity of rhizosphere microorganisms that colonize plant roots, increases root colonizing populations, brings live microorganisms to the plant roots. Made by General Hydroponics.

I gotta say i mixed it with the soil when i transplanted all the clones and its seemed to make the plant develop nodes and new shoots quite rapidly im not sure if thats due to fast production of roots intially in the grow because im less than a month into the second round here and have topped plants and have new shoots at all nodes over 2 inches long, at least 5 fingers amongst all leafs. some starting right from the node with huge fingers and not even completely developed. the leafs are starting to turn purple some are getting darker and the stems are purple and getting darker. i might have gotten luck and found a good pheno for color. im crossing my fingers in faith on that one.

i think thats it for now. advice, questions, comments, always welcome, i also encourge other cfl growers to follow along this will be a great example of good yields for small wattage.

Fire it up
KT

100_1271.JPG

100_1270.JPG

100_1273.JPG

100_1267.JPG

100_1268.JPG

100_1269.JPG

100_1275.JPG

100_1266.JPG

100_1274.JPG

well heres the update. everything is doing great. just switched them to bloom last night/this morning. added that hps bulb transplanted half of the ladies into there final 3 gal pots. 3 are still relatively small and compact. im not sure if its from overcrowding the closet or perhaps even small container size. either way there doing great. pics with more info a little later. i have some work to attend too at the moment.

Fire it up
KT

well heres the new pics, as you can see im keeping size restricted with container size. They will eventually all be in 2-3 gallon containers. One of the girls is looking not so good. growing slowly, not producing leafs very fast. as for the rest. Their doing great. i'll be transplanting the willie and the other citral cross tonight. i forgot to take a pic of one of the NLxBB but you can see it in the front second from the left on the wide shot of the entire closet. quite the sea of green finally. still feeding them the Flora Nova Bloom as i have been from the beginning along with the sub-culture. I'd have to say i had excellent results with the sub-culture and would reccommend it to any grower looking to vigirously increase root mass and overall plant growth. just use as directed.

As always any questions, comments, adivce or what not is always welcome.

Fire it up
KT

100_1286.JPG

100_1291.JPG

100_1292.JPG

100_1298.JPG

100_1297.JPG

100_1295.JPG

100_1294.JPG

100_1296.JPG

all is well in my sea of green. i took the 3 big girls down to the other location and slapped them under a 400w HPS and have since add 3 new ones started from seed. no camera around right now or i'd have new pics to post. their all doing great. most are now in there 3-5 gallon containers still being feed Flora nova Bloom. I will also be adding in some purple max and gravity hardner. Changed 2 23watt Cfls to 2 42watt cfls. So i now have and output of 700watts of CFL. temps holding under 80 and humidity under 55%. have yet to check the ppm's but with the numbers i have i would expect it to be a little on the lower side. Thats all for now.

Fire it up
KT

well heres the pics as i said.

since taking my big 3 down to the other location. the wille stretched, the other 2 citral crosses have really taken off, and are completely covered with trichromes already. As for the other bushy one i was splitting with someone, well lets just say he dropped a fan on accident and its no longer living. As for the rest of mine though the pictures speak for themselves. brought the 3 i had vegging back to flower they've been flowering for 8 days now should show me sex in the next 3-5 days. all the others are stacking very crystally buds. quite rapidly actually. comparrible to a HPS grow with the speed of growth. I now have both 65watt=300watts running and both 42watt=200watts running as well. had to raise the fan up to the top of the room along with 2 of the lights to keep temps under 80. still using the flora nova bloom. with a 3/4 dose of kool bloom added to it. when i add in the purple max and gravity hardener i will decrease the dose to half for the first then one quarter for the second.

the last pic is out of focus but is one of purplest nugs from the outdoor harvest i had left.

questions, comments, advice are always welcome. For those following along and also doing Cfl grows feel free to message me if you need to know anything.

Fire it UP
KT

P.S. I'm your new for most knowledgable person on vaporizers, so if you are interest in getting one or just simple want to know more about them. i can help you out with that too.

100_1440.JPG

100_1441.JPG

100_1442.JPG

100_1439.JPG

100_1438.JPG

100_1444.JPG

100_1437.JPG

100_1445.JPG

100_1443.JPG

100_1450.JPG

any one have any thoughts on this grow so far or am i doing just fine for the equipment and space allowed?

great job!!...you got good room.. you got nice setup

for these stretch plants.. do you know how to "super cropping"
that will help... and do you know "long stem tied down" LST'D

that will help even more..... LST is wildest thing to do!! supercropping is kinda you can abuse them a little .. little pinch does the job.. but I did a bad pinches on my plants.. opps it does works!!

Looks good man, glad to see you posting a grow again! I am going to germ my Apollo 11's tonight, I am trashing the grow box I had and building a seperate veg and grow room in two seperate nooks in the basement, so I'll be starting a journal myself in the next couple of days. I am restricted by space as well, going to be selling the house next year so I can't really build anything elaborate as I need to take it all down again. Looking forward to "Firing it up" in a few months :)

papabeach1 said:
great job!!...you got good room.. you got nice setup

for these stretch plants.. do you know how to "super cropping"
that will help... and do you know "long stem tied down" LST'D

that will help even more..... LST is wildest thing to do!! supercropping is kinda you can abuse them a little .. little pinch does the job.. but I did a bad pinches on my plants.. opps it does works!!

FYI- LST stands for Low stress training. not long stem tie down. cuz in fact when i start a LST plant i ususally begin with tie the main stalk over. then seperate branches and tie them i specific directions and different heights. you can check out some of my previous grow journals and see some fantastic examples of LST, Stem pinching(unsure of technical name) , topping and various other types of plant pruning and care. also including detailed information about the nutes, dirt and lights i've used and am using. And a second note. MJ is like a weed it can take lots of abuse and still grow. u just have to know what to do. BBP also has some great LST grows.

Fire it up
KT

THCPezDispenser said:
Looks good man, glad to see you posting a grow again! I am going to germ my Apollo 11's tonight, I am trashing the grow box I had and building a separate veg and grow room in two separate nooks in the basement, so I'll be starting a journal myself in the next couple of days. I am restricted by space as well, going to be selling the house next year so I can't really build anything elaborate as I need to take it all down again. Looking forward to "Firing it up" in a few months :)

thats good and bad to hear. but along the way if you need any pointers let me know I'll be more than happy to help u out. and yea i was busy for awhile there and lately I've been in and out of the hospital 7 times in the last 2 weeks. I get to go back Monday and who knows from there. I've already had one surgery and 2 other doctors wanted to slice me open and all kinds of stuff. Got 18 x-rays done the day after my surgery. Their running a great number of tests and various x-rays, mri's,ekg's, blood work, soft tissue extraction. They think i have a form of degenerative arthritis. the type they think it is is in fact the kind that means all the soft tissues in ur joints like ur cartilage deteriorates to nothing from normal everyday movements until the point it works its way to the bone then theres even more serious problems. Now though besides all that i have a wisdom tooth on the bottom left side of my mouth thats coming in and swelled up and OMG painful. so i guess u could say i've had a good reason for not being around any way. But im back now and posting/helping more than ever. maybe if im lucky one of these days i'll get MVP of the month but theres alot of other very informative family out there here at MP.

Well so far so good. Although i did axe the willie, it stretched to much and the nodes were over 6 inches apart, so i got rid of it to give some space and light to the rest of the girls. Still using the Flora nova bloom in combo with kool bloom, sub-culture, dutch master foliar spray, and liquid karma.

The pics are as follows:
1 & 2 - NLxBB and ShSKa x NL
3 - 1&2's family portrait
4 - the big sister NLxBB
5 - lil sister citral ?? cross
6 - Big sister citral ?? cross
7 - Inbred NBxNB (FINALLY!!!!! PURE GENETICS MADE MYSELF)
8 - side profile of the NBxNB
9 - Mystery Bag seed Sativa, good health genetics from looks and growth
10 - side profile of 4 & 5
11 - side profile of 6
12 - Some choice nugs of the outdoor NL#5 x Skunk#1

Still running the same lights and fan setup. Steady getting lost in all the trics everyday. other than that, working six days a week, still going to the doctor once a week. PROP 1 PASSED IN MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! effective dec. 4th and i qualify. Got a new tattoo.
That and Nov. 5th was the 2nd year anniversary of my little brothers death.

RIP - AJH 6/22/89-11/5/06

so if you all could in the next 10 minutes join me with a bong in is memory he would be 19 this year. Thanx fam.

Fire it up
KT

as always questions, comments, advice is always welcome.
Feel free to put in you two cents and/or pull up a couch and follow along.

100_1479.JPG

100_1480.JPG

100_1503.JPG

100_1481.JPG

100_1482.JPG

100_1484.JPG

100_1485.JPG

100_1496.JPG

100_1486.JPG

100_1497.JPG

100_1498.JPG

100_1465.JPG

Well everything is going great, the ladies are looking fantastic.

The citral ?? cross' are stacking at the nodes fast and close, im gonna end up with some very long colas. The 2 small ones are going to be some of the smallest, densest, potent buds ever. The tall NLxBB is looking amazingly trichromed covered. As for the 2 recent additions, they're both taking off like crazy. popping pistils every where, and forming pre-buds fast. the Citral's have a nice fruity,lemony scent as expected. The NLxBB has they rombust smell of NL's with a slight skunky tone. The little ones are the same as the big NLxBB. Still using the same mixture on the nutes, and cycles. Although the indicas that will be done in the less than 4 weeks just got there first does of gravity hardener.

I will also be replacing my CFL's finally with an enclosed digital ballast, interchangable bulb fixture HPS/MH 150watt light,(120volt wall plug style)

for $100 comes with ballast, bulb, socket assemble, wire/plug. reflector, glass cover and a light spreader for the bulb. i will be keeping some cfl style light, but will be switching to 32 inch single bulb and fixture t5's not sure if im gonna use 2 or 3 of those. After this round finishes up, i will be shutting down the grow room for a couple of months and take a break until March then i will be starting some WW, Trainwreck, and Super silver haze.

My order from the BCbuddepot never showed up, not exactly sure why, have tried contacting the company and haven't gotten any reply.

Any ways with all that out there, heres the new pics.

100_1543.JPG

100_1537.JPG

100_1538.JPG

100_1539.JPG

100_1548.JPG

100_1573.JPG

100_1574.JPG

100_1577.JPG

100_1549.JPG

100_1579.JPG

Its a glorious day today, i just bought the sun for my closet. A sunleaves 150watt HPS with built in ballast, Retails for $200 not including the bulb, my price. $119.73, with the bulb added in for free. Although it alone costs $59.99 before tax. How is all this you might be wondering, well i'll tell ya......

It started on Tuesday this week, a long time friend/grower as well said to me while matching a fatty that there is a 150 watt HPS with a built in ballast, socket assemble included, with a bulb for $109.99 that he ordered specifically for me a month ago and wanted to surprise me. Well I ended up going to check it out with the Ole lady shortly after that conversation and looked at the light and bullshitted with my friend and shop owner. The next day i went back and put $40 down on the light as sort of a lay-a-way/deposit to hold the lighth for a day or two tops. Well the day after that making it thursday, my girl friend went up there to pay the rest and get the light with out my knowing to surprise me. Only thing is my friend up there also works a real job, and has one employee thats not very smart and doesn't really know anything about growing or the equipment and materials sold there. Well that day about 25 minutes before my girl walked into the buy the light that one employee working at the time sold my F****** light to some one else. So in turn i get a call from my girl explaining how she wanted to surprise me and what not and come to find out the other jacka$$ sold the light. So i call up there to talk to this guy and he says yea i sold it a half hour ago, i thought u didn't want this light, thought u wanted the digital one. myself replying no i wanted that light i have a written receit in my pocket from yesterday saying i put $40 down to hold the light and evidently my girl came into pay the rest and surprise me. With him saying o yea i found that copy of the receit after she left, there must of been a mis-communication, cuz i thought u didn't want it and it wasn't in the office. With me saying back No i wanted that light thats why i put money down, my friend that looked at that same light is the one that decided he wanted a digital instead not me. With him saying again there must have been a mis-communication, my apologizes we'll just have to order you another one.

Then following with me informing him that there isn't another avalible at this time to order, cuz i wanted 2 and he ordered 3 and only got 1. so now im out a light and all becuz you sold something u didn't know about that was sitting behind the counter on the couch NOT FOR SALE TO ANYONE AT ALL. again he apologized and then gave me my friends work number to clear this up.

My friend being a good buisness man, agreed that his employee screwed up big time, and in doing so sold me the other light for the same price as the original i put money on and gave me the bulb for free but took the cost out of his employee's pay.

The girls are loving the new light already. I post new pics in a few days when there will be noticable difference

Fire it up
KT

Latest posts

Back