100 x Trichomes !!!!! Wow !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokypo

ThE GuLlY gRoW
Reaction score
I just received my portable 100x scope for Nug readyness inspection....
Its really cool! I understand what to expect as I have read other posts, but I am not too sure cos I have plants in week 7 of flowering, some look as though the Top's pistols are atleast 75% orange, but I cant tell how cloudy / white they should go. The pics ive seen arent very accurate. I want to go untill it is amber with a heavy stone, I cant tell if the trichs are milky yet or not in mine cos I dont know from any pics that ive seen.
.So I reckon I should keep checking untill Istart to see amber spheres. Can anyone tell me: When the first real amber trichs are noticed, how quickly will it progress to being at optimum strength before deteriorating, It would be good to know that I have a window opportunity that wont be missed. Also,as my grow has such a dense canopy, the buds are developing much slower down low, when I harvest should I remove the top colas first and leave the plant bottoms to further mature...? If so then how do I do this.
Sorry peops 1 more thing!..............How often should the tops be checked with scope a scope. because it rubs off THC !and i dont wanna weaken the strength/....
Thanks everybody for any help you are about to give or have given me before, it wouldnt all be poss without you all!
Peace ! :cool:

Depends on strain when you will enter the window of harvest. could be 8 weeks could be 16 weeks. all depends on the strain. Just keep looking.

As far as the microscope picking up the icky sticky sweet goodness. Dont worry about it. plant will reproduce what you scraped off by handling. Touch a spot on a leaf. you'll see a bare spot where the frosty was. next day...filled right back up ;)

WOW man...these are all great questions. First, allow yourself to learn instead of expecting perfection. You have acknowledged a window of peakness, and this is going to guide you through the whole process. When you are checking for trichrome color, IMO when its coming down to the wire, you can check them everyday for progress. This gives you a better gauge of your window. espically since your targeting the end of the window (end of the flowering peakness). After a few days you will see how fast the trichromes are changing and you will have to determine when to chop on this. Your window range will be more likely of less then seven days.
As for harvesting the top cola and leting the bottom regen- I have never experimented with this, someone eles chime in...But never remove more than 30% of a plant something something...

Good luck, and congrats on makeing it to harvest time... I have seven weeks to go myself
:watchplant:

smokypo said:
.So I reckon I should keep checking untill Istart to see amber spheres. Can anyone tell me: When the first real amber trichs are noticed, how quickly will it progress to being at optimum strength before deteriorating, It would be good to know that I have a window opportunity that wont be missed. Also,as my grow has such a dense canopy, the buds are developing much slower down low, when I harvest should I remove the top colas first and leave the plant bottoms to further mature...? If so then how do I do this.
Sorry peops 1 more thing!..............How often should the tops be checked with scope a scope. because it rubs off THC !and i dont wanna weaken the strength/....
Thanks everybody for any help you are about to give or have given me before, it wouldnt all be poss without you all!
Peace ! :cool:
Anybody else ? The strains are BBC And power plant

Thanks Kube. Are you refering with regen to leaving the bottoms on in flowering / Reverting to veg again? And good luck Kube with your babies. Does anybody else know the best method to ensure optimum harvest time on bottoms if they seem to be maturing slower then tops. And also, can anyone comment on the the speed of maturaation acceleration once the first amber trichomes are visible.....................?
thanks ;)

Smokypo- I have witnessed for outdoor harvests (personaly only indoor), some will remove the top half of so of the cola and a few other buds and left it to regenerate in flower, attempting a second harvest a little later. you don't have to revert to veg for a second harvest, I don't believe. But what i've heard, its not producing the results they wanted, I could be wrong-again personaly have never tried it...

With revegging you need it to completely revert back so it will veg and grow. if left in flower it will just stay the same size. 1/3 rule goes out the window. All you need is a few fans and some stems. let sit for at least a month with veg nutreints.

Cutting the top half and letting the lowers get bigger does work, but i find you don't want it to go too long in flower then do this. I just harvest the whole plant as i did see some increased growth but not enough to mess with. I try to perpetually harvest so my room is better spent with whole plants not partial harvests.

but screw around....its a weed ;) try different things and see what works best for you. me I like my bud a lil uppy high not couch lock stoned. but others may want the couch lock dead stoned and munching mad.

Its all what works best for you and your area. ;)

thanks Mutt. prob not worth the reveg then..... ill leave bottoms longer tho........
thanks dude
:cool:

Latest posts

Back