1k Watt 5x5 EsC's Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EsC420PoT

Hydro Indoor Grower
Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I'm so excited!!!!! I'm finally done with my grow room! It took only 4 months... Lol! With the lack of time and money, took a while... But its up and runnin ;) Me and my partner named it Pandoras Box!

So, ATM, I'm not sure which strain is which from the pics, but i'll be sure to post what is what in the next day or so. But, the line up is this.

12 Clones:
4 Agent Orange
4 Dead Head O.G.
2 White Widow
2 Purple Urkle

All In a 5x5 Grow room Under a 1k Watt HPS. For flowering.
And for vegging will be 2 20k Lumen T 5 Floro lights.
Sorry to be a bit misleading, but since it took so long for the first room We didn't have the time or money to make a separate veg room. So as of right now the 1k watt won't be used until flowering. In attempt to save on the power bill... Otherwise i'd be veggin with a MH. But in this case I will be vegging for about 3-4 weeks under a T 5 Floro set up that puts out 20k lumens. I plan on getting another 20k lumen light sometime today to add in there since I know 20k lumens for 25 Sq.Ft. Is not efficient. Hell 40k is barley efficient, but it'll have to do... Ight sorry for the ramble guys! Hella high, excited, and felt this all should be known!!! And PLEASE! Leave me any constructive criticism! I want to know what if i'm doing something inefficient, and how i can improve, Thanks ;)

03202357.jpeg

03202358.jpeg

Hey man, looking good nice room you have there, you probably want to bring that light down so its about 2 inchs above the top of those clones if possible.

Good luck, ill be watching, im interested in Agent Orange.

Iron Emmett said:
Hey man, looking good nice room you have there, you probably want to bring that light down so its about 2 inchs above the top of those clones if possible.

Good luck, ill be watching, im interested in Agent Orange.
YO! I hear ya buddy! I woulda def lowered the light since its t5 floro's but, Since there is 12 and it only hits mabey, what? About 4 plants efficiently? I felt it best for now to have it a bit higher so that all the plants are getting light rather than just the middle 4. But, I just purchased another t 5 set up exactly the same as the one in the pic, and I will be adding it into the room and then I will lower them ;) That way all the plants are getting a good amount of light. Thanks tho! I'll Post more pics later tonight when i get a chance to check it out. And ya that Agent Orange i cant wait! I love anything with the name "Orange" Or "Tangerine" In the name ;)

:ciao: mojo for the grow..That other t5 will deff show results...

take care and be safe

Nice clone selection. You are going to be quite crowded with 12 girls in there.

I'm with Iron Emmett. You need to either get the plants a whole lot closer to the light or the light a whole lot closer to the plants. You can keep those T5s within an inch of the top of the plants. Fluoros lose their intensity over a very short distance. It is quite important to keep them really close if you do not want them to stretch. And some of those clones look like they had some stretch to them when you got them.

No reason not to use your flowering room to veg. I would get some temporary walls of some reflective material up if I could though and get the space closer to what the light(s) can handle. Even with another 20,000 lumens you are running at about 1/2 lumens for that space for vegging. Some temporary reflective walls would make a big difference. Maybe something like a PVC frame with panda film on it. I think it is important to make the most of your light.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Nice clone selection. You are going to be quite crowded with 12 girls in there.

I'm with Iron Emmett. You need to either get the plants a whole lot closer to the light or the light a whole lot closer to the plants. You can keep those T5s within an inch of the top of the plants. Fluoros lose their intensity over a very short distance. It is quite important to keep them really close if you do not want them to stretch. And some of those clones look like they had some stretch to them when you got them.

No reason not to use your flowering room to veg. I would get some temporary walls of some reflective material up if I could though and get the space closer to what the light(s) can handle. Even with another 20,000 lumens you are running at about 1/2 lumens for that space for vegging. Some temporary reflective walls would make a big difference. Maybe something like a PVC frame with panda film on it. I think it is important to make the most of your light.

What up THG ;) What you mean by putting up some reflective walls? There are reflective walls all around it!!! Lol! The whole place is panda film and mylar tape... As for the plastice crates that I was forced to put in the corner to hold up the giant carbon filter, I plan on covering around that with panda film as well. Is that what you where talking about? Or are you talking about making another square shaped wall covered with panda film to place around the plants so that the panda is right next to the plants? Almost like a mini room within the room??? And yes i agree with you on lowering the light. But, like i stated above i didnt want just 4 in the mid to get more light than the rest... But you'll see, tonight I'll try my best to stop by and take newer pics to show you guys the current status ;). And as for the clones, ya a couple of them are really long, i even asked them at the club why some are so stretched, they told me it's because it was cutt from a huge mother plant. I guess who ever cloned em made them super lanky *** close when first cut lol. Thanks again :)

nice lineup! Hope all turns out well.

I feel crowded with 8 in a 20 sq ft and their not done stretching,
Are you going to scrog them bad lil ladies? Or adjust em as they grow?

Yer room looks good brother. You will definitely need to do some training on those girls to keep them small and then flower them as soon as they show sex or else you will have such a tight SOG canopy that you won't be able to find the pots to water them. :)

Thanks guys! And yes I'm def gonna LST. And if i have to , remove a couple of them... But that's not for a long while, and only if necessary. And ATM, I'm not sure if i'm going to do scrog, but most likely will lol ;) Thanks yall! More pics soon to come! took em last night, just to tired to post em...

Ok guys, here's a little update of what it looks like now. FYI, I am planning to raise the pots with milk crates in the next day or so, since the lights are as low as they can go...

03242342.jpeg

03242342a.jpeg

03242342b.jpeg

Hey guys! A lil update. So the plants are about 15 days old. Heres what these babies look like now!

04031837.jpeg

04031838.jpeg

04031838a.jpeg

04031838b.jpeg

Only thing, is I noticed some of my plants almost, look like they are starting to flower... I see the little white pistole lookking hairs starting to pop out... :( I didn't think to take pics at the time, but I'm def concerned because I don't think that any of these strains are auto flower... My temps have been hitting a bit cold at nights tho... Around 52 * that is what I believe caused this so far. What yall think?

Are you running the lights 24/7? Sound and look like autos if you are. They dont quite look liek they are budding very far, but they do look very compact and tight with no stretch between the nodes. Rasie that light maybe and get em to stretch a little?

Cold wont make it bud, it will make it grow slow and become deficient. If its so cold at night get a MH on your 1000 and get er done (if the ballast can do that).

:48: mojo brother!

Oh and get us some closer pics of the buds because I really dont see any?!:D

Are they just popping out like one set at each node? If so they may just be preflowers...

Well the lights were very low, infact a couple of plants tops where sticking right into the light and got burned a bit. I recently just raised the light last night and it now looks like what you see above. But, I'm not sure you read the previous posts, because at this point, i'm vegging with 40k lumens of T5 floros. So i try to keep them as close as possible. And would also not make a diff with the heat, because if i ran a HPS or a MH during veg, I don't think i'd be having those cold of temps. And yes, I do run the lights 24/7 for the vegg. So i'm a bit scared that some of these might be autos then. I first figured that the cold might be stressing them out and therefore inducing them to bud, but if thats not the case then they def might be auto... :( I'll upload a pic that i found that looks exactly what i see on some of the plants. And might i add, that damn near all that i quickly glanced at, are doing this...

Heres the pic

Beginning stages of flowering.png

Latest posts

Back