1st grow(and room setup included)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt612346

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!!

Room is about 13'x13'x9' ...room is upstairs right to my bedroom

flower room 8'x12'

veg 6'x9'

Plan-

24 plants each room(so 24 veg 24 flower) (2+mothers!)
veg - fluorescent
flower - 4 600 watts
Three 3'x6' trays(1 tray for veg, 2 for flower, so 12 flower plants in each tray for flower room)

Ebb n GROWWWWW!!!! (water 4 times a day)

pictures-
cleaned out the room, setup electrical panel(240v ftw!!), drilled holes in floor(6 inches) to garage for nice fresh air intake. other hole is for the power!!!

grow1.jpg

grow2.jpg

grow3.jpg

grow4.jpg

grow5.jpg

grow6.jpg

grow7.jpg

grow8.jpg

grow9.jpg

grow10.jpg

grow11.jpg

grow12.jpg

just setup my electrical stuff today :) nice a clean setup!

can power SIX 1000watt lights if i wanted.

update-

-ballasts came in so i set those up on the wall
-6inch inline fan in the corner of room providing plenty of fresh and and some co2 from the garage :)
-carbon filter hanger
-(2) FOUR foot, FOUR tube, flours. (2) TWO foot, TWO tube, flours (all for veg/mother plants :) )
-6inch Can Fan

grow13.jpg

grow14.jpg

grow15.jpg

grow16.jpg

grow17.jpg

The 6" intake is coming directly from outside for fresh air? Whats your ventilation set up for that big room?

thats a serious setup man, must have cost you a pretty penny cant wait to see the amount you get out of there, i predict tired arms come harvest & trim day

6" intake coming from the garage.. there's some co2 from a smaller room that vents to the garage(from the water heater/air condish/ air heater) so it's something but not much.. fresh air obviously is KEY.

6" can fan will be taking out air from the flower room, 6inch inline fan will be taking out air from the veg room. going to have 1 fan(circulating) in veg room, 2 fans(circulating) in flower room and a air condition/dehumidifier in the flower room(flower likes arid!), and then a small heater in each room

this setup hasn't cost me much actually... should get at least 4 pounds, my friend who does the same setup gets over 4 pounds with 21 plants

my trays and reservoirs come saturday, (3) 3'x6'x8inch trays (2) 75gallon reservoirs(cost me about $600, all new)

one reservoir will have 2 water pumps for each flower tray. So one tray will fill with water then 30minutes or so later i'm going to have the other water pump kick on to flood the other tray

and yes nutes are going to cost a lot for this setup lol(botanicare organic nutes and going to use there SWEET sugar also... my buds should be HUGE :)

update-

pic1 my bathroom is right next door so i tapped into the water supply to the sink...it was already a mess underneath the sink so that bad looking hole/cutting wasnt me lol

pic2 water in and water out

pic3 water in and water out

pic4 flood tray

pic5 reservoir

pic6 flood tray stand

thanks for looking more updates to come.. hopefully tomrw i'll mount the hoods and hang the flours :)

grow18.jpg

grow19.jpg

grow20.jpg

grow21.jpg

grow22.jpg

grow23.jpg

grow24.jpg

Looking good. Might want to think about a direct source for your intake from outside. If you want to hit 4lb's/.75 grams per watt as you said. Your gonna need to deliver more fresh air in there. You dont have near enough cfm volume for both rooms.

1400+ cubic feet of fresh air every 5 minutes... that isnt enough? discuss.

Your blowing fresh air in the whole room via a 6" fan. Another 6" for exhaust. That the set-up?

Srry super stoned. Let me take another look and not jump the gun, I might of read it wrong.

yeah... my friend(pro grower of 10+ years) said my setup is fine... his room has so much exhaust that closing his door is a hard thing to do b/c of the pressure from the air outside the room wanting to come in

Ok. So you have a 6" 400 something cfm fan pulling whatever air there is in the garage into the whole room above. Veg and flower are split and with the above specs you have another 6" in each room for exhaust with another 400cfm for each fan, that right?

Your electrical work is tight. Thats one thing I hope to learn how to do for the future. Looks like I could walk into home depot and walkout.

matt612346 said:
1400+ cubic feet of fresh air every 5 minutes... that isnt enough? discuss.

I'm with nouvellechef--not nearly enough air exchange for that space. For adequate fresh air exchange, you should be exchanging the air in your space 3-4 times a minute. You have 864 cu ft of space and 280 cfm of air exchange, so you are exchanging the air in your space less than once every 3 minutes. I have a flowering space that is 3 x 6.5 x 7.5 and am running approx 650 cfm worth of ventilation.

Thats what I thought But I was really stoned too. now I am awake. Am I wrong that your just bringing in air from the garage for that whole room? Exhaust is a diff story. HG likes to exchange alot, which is kool. I do once a minute and run 4, 6" CAPS when its nice and cool outside. When temps rise outside, fans get shut down and CO2 kicks on. All scrubbed by dual 12's.

small update-

hanged all my lights(everyone but another 2 footer i still have)... got my bulbs in and some Mylar for the sides of the wall in the flower room...

thanks for posting in my theard any comment is welcome, even a "wow this setup is BAD." is welcome :)

these pictures suck i need a new camera lol

grow25.jpg

grow26.jpg

grow27.jpg

grow28.jpg

Well if thats what you want hear, its awesome set-up. You are going to have a very low ppm in the room though. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back