1st time grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Grinspoon

Reaction score
yoo im planning on starting to grow asap. i dont know much about growing and for now i am just planning on growing 1 plant indoors, and do not have alot of room. ive looked at the auto ak47 and this seems to be pretty good for 1st timers and the flowering time is relatively quick. however this is just an inital thought and am open to suggestions. also, could you reccomend a good grow setup for me cos i dont have a clue.

thnks.
ps, im from england so english websites wud be preferred :)

Take a look at some of the information already here to fet started, the strain is the last thing you think of, start with what size type lamp you are going to use then how are going to control the environment in your gorw space once this done you have good place to grow then sure use your ak47 or whatever you wish, if you have any questions i would be happy to help evan though you are english, I am welsh........... ;)

Yes, go to our "resources" area and read the basics. I think one plant is the way to start. Read the information and then keep it simple. In your reading you should see something about pH. Don't under-estimate the importance of proper pH.

thanks alot. ye ive read quite alot of the guides and think ive got the basics needed. only thing is im limited to money for my equipment. ive found this but can someone tell me if it is oppropriate. i noticed that the light is only 125w and i am unsure as to whether or not this is sufficient. seems alrite for the price tho!

ebay uk search - GROW KIT HYDROPONICS WITH LIGHT AND TENT 2 PLANT KIT

cant post url cos i havnt had 15 posts yet :)

help on the setup would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Its not what i would buy, 125 watts aint going to give you a lot, I would say a minimum of 400w HPS, I could be wrong.
In your area is there not a "garden" shop" if you buy on ebay it will need to be delevered. loose lips sink ships!

what would anyone reccomend for a setup for 1-2 auto plants then? im not planning to grow any more than that so i only need a small setup

Dr.Grinspoon said:
what would anyone reccomend for a setup for 1-2 auto plants then? im not planning to grow any more than that so i only need a small setup

I am not sure, but I would start with at least 400w if only for 2.
i am sure here some where there will be a mathimatical calculation space/plants = watts, but being a Jedi i feel the force, 400w.

haha legend mate thnx fr the repli. so.... so far ive got a 400w lamp with a 60 60 100-140 tent for my grow. wd i be better going hydro or with soil for a quicker yield?

Can You please help me. Theres this plant u see,and it is growing in a pot outdoors.This plant is already 6 to 8 inches and it's actually like 9 separate stems(I told you that because I really don't know what makes the plant a bunch together or one stem that splits into leaves. What I want to know is will miracle grow hurt or burn the thc out of this plant(my friend said it will but I want to be sure). I have miracle grow Liquid all purpose plant food and Miracle grow shake n' feed all purpose plant food. I also have bone meal that's high in phosphorus. I know that's allot but it looks like this sight is all about helping people. The top part of the plant looks fine but The bottom leave withered away. Is it true that the female plants have red on them and. This Information would be greatly appreciated.

InADeLiMma said:
Can You please help me. Theres this plant u see,and it is growing in a pot outdoors.This plant is already 6 to 8 inches and it's actually like 9 separate stems(I told you that because I really don't know what makes the plant a bunch together or one stem that splits into leaves. What I want to know is will miracle grow hurt or burn the thc out of this plant(my friend said it will but I want to be sure). I have miracle grow Liquid all purpose plant food and Miracle grow shake n' feed all purpose plant food. I also have bone meal that's high in phosphorus. I know that's allot but it looks like this sight is all about helping people. The top part of the plant looks fine but The bottom leave withered away. Is it true that the female plants have red on them and. This Information would be greatly appreciated.
If I was you I would start by reading resources on this site, it is clear by your questions you dont have a clue.

Dr.Grinspoon said:
haha legend mate thnx fr the repli. so.... so far ive got a 400w lamp with a 60 60 100-140 tent for my grow. wd i be better going hydro or with soil for a quicker yield?

If this your 1st time growing use soil, it is more forgiven, once you have mastered soil you can take a look at hydro.

There is no such thing as "quicker" yield.

Depending on strain is how long it will take, I push my plants from clone, once rooted, 2 weeks veg (18/6) and 6-8 weeks in flower (12/12).

Hope that helps Dr.

Hey Dr English, dont forget to let me know how you get on.

Latest posts

Back