1st try at butter question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Groovy

It’s good to be me
Reaction score
I bought a small crockpot at the local resale joint but it only has a on or off.
After about 5 hours now it appears to be really hot. From what I’ve read, 12 hours is the time to cook it but should I shorten that if it’s real hot? My meat thermometer says it’s over 200*

I’m using 16oz. of coconut oil and about a half pound of hand rolled Amish butter

Temp need to be around 225f. for decarboxalation to occur.

I use a slow cooker to make my ‘butter’. I only use coconut oil because I am concerned about milk butter going rancid(though I don’t need to worry about that since I store the cannabutter in my freezer-I have butter from 5+ years ago that still kicks my a$$). I put mine in the lowest setting and it keeps the mixture slowly simmering but I have never checked the temperature. I don’t decarb but I think the low and slow temp/time must decarb for me. I go at least 12 hours. Do you have water in the mixture as well? The last run I did I used about 500 mg of coconut oil, 500 grams of assorted trim and water enough to fill up the slow cooker pot. My butter is a bit too strong for my taste. About an eight of a gram is all I need. My sister ate an eighth tsp and was stooooonnnneeeddd for hours. Hope that helps. My brain is in full scatter-mode today…

I added water for about the last two hours of 11 total cooking. I did not decarb. After taking it out of the fridge this morning and draining off the water, I cut it up to wash it again and “Licked the knife” and it seems to work fine. It was a light green and tasted sweet.
I used a bit over half an oz. of last years mediocre buds. Made a tincture with this last year and if I took to much it put me goofy for 6 hours so I’m hopeful for this batch. I’ll let ya know.

Here it is after one wash. It’s about 7 inches around and an inch thick.
Just ate a small chunk and it really had a nice flavor, sweet with only a hint of cannabis if you knew what was in it.

Hope you all have a groovy Wednesday!
🤙🖖

Attachments

• IMG_2725.jpeg
    IMG_2725.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2727.jpeg
    IMG_2727.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back