??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetnug

Reaction score
Why do so many people on this site see plants that are below mediocore and say "Great looking grow". Even some really horrible grows I have seen many users say wow thats great when they really ****!!! Get real folks this is a site to educate is its wrong don't mince words. Tell them what they need to do rather than say oh thats great.:rolleyes:

If you give people praise and confidence, then the next time they grow they take more care of the plants to make it even more successful, all of us at some time or another were first time growers and even with experience still have a below ideal crop.

If they start wrong and people tell them they are right then they will never know how to truly grow. Tell them the truth even if it may be degretive, at least its real and not a false feeling of them having a great plant. Just dob't lie to them

If people have questions they ask them and get solutions, hey man, a grow is private, its your baby, if you want to show off what you have occomplished, then so be it, all were doing is saying well done for what you occomplished.

I understand. But I have seen Soooo many grows that need advice and the only advice is, They look great!!! When they don't. If that people were informed that it looks like crap then they would change. Don't tell them its good if it is not thats all I am saying

well also sweetnug you don't have to seed nasty pm massages eather that is very rude

Not everyone is a professional like yourself. :aok: For the most part this site consist of members learning how to grow not members who already know how to grow. Grant it we do have some grows that are below par but what site doesn't. I'm sure your first grow went great. I know ours was a disaster. If a plant has yellow leaves and looks sick i'm sure they would not get a reply of GREAT GROW MANG. But if the plant is tall and stretchy i'm gonna tell them GREAT GROW MANG might wanna move the lights down. Anyway i'm not sure why you would even start this thread? What do you plan on getting out of it? I'm just curious. :confused2:
sweetnug said:
Why do so many people on this site see plants that are below mediocore and say "Great looking grow". Even some really horrible grows I have seen many users say wow thats great when they really ****!!! Get real folks this is a site to educate is its wrong don't mince words. Tell them what they need to do rather than say oh thats great.:rolleyes:

sweetnug said:
I understand. But I have seen Soooo many grows that need advice and the only advice is, They look great!!! When they don't. If that people were informed that it looks like crap then they would change. Don't tell them its good if it is not thats all I am saying

....I have found that..Constructive" critisism/advice is usually welcomed and accepteed. "Positive" reinforcement can be essential in the acceptance of "constructive" critisism. A tried and true method.
Telling someone that they are stupid, ignorant, dumb, ect, or name calling, will seldom put you on the "listen to this guy" list, or win many friends. Around this forum, it will NOT be accepted. If you fail to posess the ability to critique a persons methods and ability, without insults, you probably don't belong here.
I have watched several members here, go from beginners, asking for help with over watered, over nuted bag seed seedlings, in clay or sand dug up from the vacant lot across the street, to advanced growers, now approaching the coveted "1g/p/watt" threshold. All mentored by careing folks, that freely shared their time and knowledge, without insults or condemnation.

....or, I could have said..
Well that's just stupid. Telling ppl their grows looks like crap is only gonna' piss them off. Then you think they will listen to your advice?? You're an idiot and should be banned.

Which will be recieved more readily? What possible good, could come from the latter? ... both essentially convey the same message...

sweetnug said:

it must be great to be so straight forward nug, tough love you say. I do agree, but being truthful can discourage some folks who would otherwise go on to be a good grower. On the other hand, could it just be that by encouraging a poor grower to get better, we are diluting the grower gene pool, so to speak, and become responsible for all the junk going on in our world???

I think it best to offer encouragement, even in the face of poor performance. Tell folks how you do it right!!!
:eek: I was embarrassed when I laughed at a guy who was proud of his 1 ounce harvest, while I had just taken 10 ounces off 1 plant. I felt bad I laughed, but soon enough recalled my 1st attempt at growing wasnt such a raving sucess, except in my own mind.

Be kind to your fellow growers!!!:cool:

Puffin Afatty said:
Be kind to your fellow growers!!!:cool:

I think that sums it all up.

This is a positive community. You can take that negitivity somewhere else sweetnug :rolleyes: . These members mean a lot to me, and I happen to enjoy watching them progress in their growing. Kind comments = kind confidence.

Fire one up...lets get those warm fuzzys flowing. :cool:

Any successfull, mentor, teacher, trainer, knows the value of "praising" the positive is just as important as "discouraging" the negative.
If all you hear is you're wrong, wrong, wrong,, you start to believe that you aren't capable of being right.
I don't want to discourage anyone from offering sound advice, nor condone incorrect methods, procedures, ect. as long as it is done in a helpfull and beneficial manner.

Yo Ho sweetnug,:huh:

Well bro, I guess that all being said, I don't mind telling you that by nature I am dumber than a rock. Trust me, I can and often do goof up something. You should also know that I have said some stupid things here that have raised an eyebrow or two. :eek:

The interesting part that made all the difference to me was the complete and utter forgiveness. I have been met with support, uplifting stories, encouragement, and just the right amount of chastising that didn't squash me. I have recieved PM's that said, "don't go there", or "red flag time" but in all, I have felt continually supported.:argue:

Now I come in here cracking a joke or two. Maybe I just share a good story, cause when I do come in here, I know that I will be greeted by friends.

No-one has ever said to me, "Hey dude your stuff is crapola" if they did I would feel hurt. You right now are probably thinking whoops, I guess that I went about this topic in the wrong way. Your second thought might be screw them all, but I hope not. Instead join the ranks of those of us that have done or said something goofy, and we'll move on together.:fly:

You teach me more about how to grow indoors real well, and I will teach you about ediquette, and human nature, but don't go away pissed off,
cause I like you, and today I will burn one in effigy for you.:smoke1:

smoke in peace Bro
KingKahuuna

Hick said:
Any successfull, mentor, teacher, trainer, knows the value of "praising" the positive is just as important as "discouraging" the negative.
If all you hear is you're wrong, wrong, wrong,, you start to believe that you aren't capable of being right.
I don't want to discourage anyone from offering sound advice, nor condone incorrect methods, procedures, ect. as long as it is done in a helpfull and beneficial manner.
hey, i've learned alot more than growing on here...this hick guy has rode my arse about my attitude and language...even the wifey says its improved on AND off the puter, someday maybe i can go out in public without putting them in danger...but till then :hubba:
sweetnug, on this note...if your ALL that, you must have a government research contract...if not...you must truly have issues...but luckily, we all get one chance...sometimes 2 on this site. your next post should be worded carefully. not telling ya what to do, just trying to give good advice...i KNOW i've ticked off some members, but i've been paying my dues and all that other drama crap is under the bridge now.

Many well said comments and i agree for many of them.
Growdude said:
Basicly any bud grown is better than no bud.
but this was the basic best for all growers with a perfect grow or one that goes to pot on you and you scrounge out a harvest out of it. and for any beginer grower that end result with encouragement will keep you on the path to growing bigger and better plants down the road.

hi
there has been alot of good comments in this thread..... like ive said number times in other threads... i DIDNT know nothing about growing m/j till i found this site... since ive founded this site i have learn alot and i know theres still alot more for me to learn
when i 1st came to this site i all ready had a few plants going and NO I WAS NOT growing them the way they should had been growing i had muli plants in a container had them between my shed and outside
ok my point is when i had 1st came here and started to show off the plants i had.... and if the ppl had been mean or saying bad things about me or my plants i would had left and never came back and i know for a fact i would had been crying to... i would had felt stupid thinking i wouldnt ever be able to grow the right way so for all the ppl that didnt do that to me.... i so thank them so very much!!!!!!!!!

sportcardiva said:
well also sweetnug you don't have to send nasty pm massages eather that is very rude
yah i agree, anyone else get em?

Hick said:
Telling someone that they are stupid, ignorant, dumb, ect, or name calling, will seldom put you on the "listen to this guy" list, or win many friends. Around this forum, it will NOT be accepted. If you fail to posess the ability to critique a persons methods and ability, without insults, you probably don't belong here.
i wanna see your first grow, sweetnug the PROFESSIONAL.

p.s. thanks for all the great help!!! not

If there is a PM problem please forward PMs and your coorspondance to Admin/mods, do not bring it out on the public side. That way we can avoid flame threads. ;)
We like to handle these things behind the scenes that way it doesn't disrupt our pleasant stoner community. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back