400w HPS for less than $100?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenDover

Reaction score
So, I came across this website, http://www.1000bulbs.com. Someone had posted it in a thread yesterday, not sure who. But, I found that you can order a ballast and bulb for less than $100.

I can make my own reflector for the time being. Is that all that I would need?

Plusrite 400W 50,000L and the Sola Ballast HPS 400W 480V would work perfect

There are actually a couple other things you need.

socket
wire from ballast to socket
you may want some kind of cover for the ballast. capacitors can give a nasty shock. that's it.

An HPS Bulb needs a ballast capacitor and an ignitor for it to to work, you can buy their ballast kit and it comes with e verything you need..

Ok, is this all that I would need? (besides wire, I have plenty of that.)

junk.jpg

Item: SOCK-243201
Name: Medium Base HID Socket

Item: **-LU0100120
Name: 100 Watt - High Pressure Sodium Ballast - 120 Volt - Sola #ESRNOOF100 - igniter, capacitor, ballast all included. pre-wired!

Item: LU0100-0002
Name: High Pressure Sodium - LU100/ED17 - Medium Base - Plusrite Brand #0002

Item: SIGN-002
Name: Transformer Can 7 in. x 7 in. x 18 in.
# Description:Transformer Can

Subtotal: $ 36.73
Shipping: $ 17.96
Total: $ 54.69

now if you can find your own ballast box, itll cut the price down to $38 i think, not bad at all, i wonder how many lumens a 100 watt hps puts out

umbra said:
There are actually a couple other things you need.

socket
wire from ballast to socket
you may want some kind of cover for the ballast. capacitors can give a nasty shock. that's it.

What he said... :joint:

bendover, you got the wrong bulb in your shopping list, get a medium base bulb for a medium base socket

Yeah, I realized that I had the wrong socket actually. Thanks, though! :cool:

i bought my light with 2 bulbs MH400 + HPS400 for about 35$

you can go to insidesun.com and get compleate light thats balast,bulb,reflector and all wiring for $100

insidesun.com

100 doller 400 watt hps with remote ballast and flector' n bulb :D killer products- had one for 5 yrs and bulb still works, i upgraded anyway but after all the cycles its still goin :)

thats a good deal.i personally got a 400 watt hps with ballast,reflector, bulb,and a system but only because my dude had 4 of them going and wanted to downsize i only got one light though so since this system i have holds 40 plants.i think ill be placin my order with insidesun tomorrow.thanks for the info-peace

Latest posts

Back