4500 Pounds of marijuana seized at Savannah Port

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ugmjfarmer

Reaction score
hxxp://www.fortmilltimes.com/124/story/333754.html

4500 pounds of marijuana seized at Savannah Port
(Published October 23, 2008)

GARDEN CITY, Ga. Officials say nearly 4,500 pounds of marijuana has been seized from a ship at the Garden City Terminal of the Port of Savannah.

Area port director for customs in Savannah, John Porter, said Wednesday the seizure resulted from beefed-up enforcement at the port.

He said, "The marijuana was uncovered during a security sweep using high-tech X-ray equipment capable of scanning entire containers."

Timothy Sushil, who served with the customs field operations office in Atlanta, said the narcotics were discovered aboard a vessel arriving from Jamaica. He said the street value of the marijuana was more than $3 million.

The boys in Atlanta are gonna be hoppin mad about losing their shipment!!!

Its been rough here lately man, but most of the crap out of jamaica is schwags anyways, oh well, thats why i grow my own!

That's right Dom....rub it in. LOL j/k I walk over to my jar but it's still empty.

I do love Savannah, probably my favorite town on the east coast. I was there for last years St. Patties day celebration and it was INSANE (750k people and I witnessed a for real big ole irish piper chokeslam a kid into an azailia (sp?) bush for bein a terd). I'm Scottish so Molly McPhearson's pub was my central base of drunked operations. If anyone ever gets a chance to visit. I highly reccomend blazin up and goin to Moon River Brewing Company on Bay Street. It's a microbrewery that has some award winning brew, food is amazing too. It's also haunted by old whores from back in the pirate days so WATCH YOURSELF! :D

Latest posts

Back