4ft floro. cool white explosion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxeaglepilot

Reaction score
:holysheep: Will the powder inside a 4 ft floro. cool white bulb hurt the kids? Gravity worked and popped a bulb.
Also bent biggest kid over!nearly broke but seems ok. should I top, and use the take root powder for the broken top? worth a try or leave for ma nature to care for. (wired back up into correct position.) Damn gravity!

i'm not sure what that white powder in floro's is ..but it doesnt taste good....

Compact fluorescent lights contain a very small amount of mercury, significantly less than those in thermometers. This small amount of mercury slowly bonds with the phosphor coating on the lamp interior as the lamp ages, prohibiting its entry into the atmosphere. Even breaking a fluorescent bulb is not a significant health risk because the amount of mercury vapor released is so small that it dissipates into the air with a minimal chance of inhalation. I hope this helps :cool: JJ

theres mercury in there!!!!!!!!!!!

pull em out in their pots and wash thouroughly. make sure to not disturb the roots but thouroughly wash tops and undersides of all your plants.

mercury will probably not hurt your plants in the small amount in the tubes but i wouldnt want to put that stuff in a bowl and burn it with that crap on there

Latest posts

Back