4x4x4 with 1000 watt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashplant420

Reaction score
is my space weight to small for a 1000 watt digital ballast and aircooled hood with 5 90 watt led panels or should i go bigger any opinons. the reason i ask is im breakin the flower room down in a week or 2 when my girl is finished. to do some spring cleaning;)

I'd say too small man, those are good oven dimensions with a 1000 watter, even with air cooling, its pushing it. Could you fit in a few more vertical feet?

i am running a 1000w hps i woulkd say height would be a big issue..ihave to keep my plants 18 inches lower at a bare minimum..i run my room a little colder so i can get them that close..i would say if you were running 75 -80 degrees you may even be 24 inches..just my thoughts but i am new to the game so take it for what its worth..

i can go 6 feet to my celling just got to go get more mylar. thinking of just painting flat white i have a 4x4x4 flower area know but im using a 250 at the moment. getting 1000 on friday im actually getting really good yeidls with just the 250 and 5 90 watt led for side lighting.but i only growing for small personal use a ounce a week at the moment good cycle i got took some time to get it right though,

tinydn said:
i am running a 1000w hps i woulkd say height would be a big issue..ihave to keep my plants 18 inches lower at a bare minimum..i run my room a little colder so i can get them that close..i would say if you were running 75 -80 degrees you may even be 24 inches..just my thoughts but i am new to the game so take it for what its worth..

i use a 1k at those temps and 24" it sure is.

so what would the minimal size be for a 1000 watt hps with a air cooled hood that i could get away with...

don't know the minimun. I can tell you that when I put my first 1000 watt in the same space as two 250's I torched my girls in one day. Even with a window A/C it was like an easy bake oven. Small bathroom maybe 6 x 6 x 8. A cooled hood could've made a world of diffence though so maybe with one you could pull it off in a smaller area.

my 1k is in a 7x7x7+1x4x4 wood cube built into the walls with a small 4x4 wall recess i use to grow veggies.

i have a 50cfm exhaust fan sucking off the top of my hood and an old high speed metal moving fan on 3rd speed just low enough not to give wind rash. i loosely seal my door flap so some air get in because my fan is right in front of the door inside of it.

if you can afford one of those duct fans that look like turbochargers and a sheet of tempered glass for your hood you could pull it off alot easyer. assuming your hood isnt an open ended wing.

If I were running a 1000 watter I wouldnt get it any closer than 2' to the top of the plant.....your setup currently wouldnt afford that. I actually would prolly keep it higher still to get a better spread, cuz I would prolly grow at least three under thousand watts.

I run a 1000w MH Conversion bulb and I can get my plants within 8 inches of my plants canopy, how I do this is I run 2 honeywell fans I got from Walmart mounted to the walls blowing directly at the bulb it keeps my temps at no higher than 28C so you can get a 1000w pretty close to the plant conopy with sufficient air flow! I'll post some pics tomorrow to show you it can be done. Until then Phatpharmer

phatpharmer said it, with aircooled hoods and big inline fans you can put 1000W HPS within 3 in. of tops without burning them as long as you have oscillating fans blowing over them and you have cool air coming in, or an AC to keep room temps down.

i would suggest in a 4x4 area a 6" 540cfm fan for the light, an oscillating fan, seal the room, tank Co2 and use a small AC unit to keep it at 78F. and grow a strain that will finish at 24'' or less.

i use a 1000W for every 4x4 area. When im not using Co2 i have a 2000cfm can fan/carbon filter running almost 24/7 so the room is cleared once a minute

im sorry people but 1000w in that small of an area is overkill.
yes you will probably get a little more yeild, but you might burn your grow room down in the the process. or blow half of your savings account on fans and rigging up all kinds of un needed co2 and what not. some might like it, but i think a 600w would be effecient enough and get the job done.
but to each his on

Latest posts

Back