$50 Tax!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personaly I don't care if they charge $1,000,000 in sales tax to non medical users. If the law is changed to permit legal sales, regardless of price or tax rate, people who grow their own will be well served. The only people who won't be put in an advantageous position will be dealers. Their crimes would then be solely tax evasion (a federal crime ). I would immagine that just as we have micro-brews that are set up for individuals or small groups to use their equipment and space to make their own beer you'd have the same thing with weed.

You should also take into consideration the amount of money that will be saved by no longer arresting people and incarcerating them for years. The operational costs of LEO going after growers amd smokers would be a gigantic savings to state And federal government. I would pay the fee and try to make growing my full time LEGAL job. I mean why not, think about how much bigger your grow ops would be if they were legal? Night as well capitalize yourself.

Barbapopa said:
California makes over $100,000,000 in marijuana tax as it is

Cali WISHES it made that much in MJ tax, but it is nowhere near that amount currntly.

Firstly, DECRIMINALIZATION maintains it's legal status (ie: illegal) but removes or reduces the penalties associated with it- most specifically jail time for a first offense. You will not be able to grow weed in your front yard or smoke openly or freely with your friends. You would possibly receive a fine or some other sanction. Repeated offenses could still result in jail time. And typically that would only refer to simple possession- not cultivation. Certainly you will have the illegal product taken from you.

LEGALIZATION makes it, um, LEGAL. No crime, no fine, no penalty.

MMJ legalization and MJ legalization are 2 completely different topics with different political motivations behind each.

As far as the tax goes, some of the numbers I've heard go much higher than $50.00 / ounce.

In a free market economy, the purveyors of consistent and quality product are the one's that succeed. That goes for MJ as it does for anything. So yes, there will be mass producers that produce huge quantities of consistently average MJ in a legal free market for MJ. There would also be the micro or boutique growers that produce high quality, consistently good product. Do you buy and ounce for $150 or do you pay $300? It's up to you and what you can afford.

Taxes are a necessary evil. I wonder if any of the people who have commented on this thread about the "government" or whatever screwing things up, and making comments about not paying to grow my own herb, blah, blah, blah, have ever received or currently receive some sort of assistance or state sanctioned assistance (ie: disability). If so, you ought to be ashamed of your comments. Where do you think that money comes from? If you lose your job, should the government help you out? And if you think the small amount your employer pays in unemployment taxes covers what you get, you are sadly mistaken.

Unless you are profiting from the growing of MJ as an illegal activity, you should only hope for legalization.

And btw- this site is hosted by MarPassion. If you're in it for the cash- you should go to his cousins site- MarProfit.

Just my .02. Don't mean to offend but when I read some of these posts, I just don't get it.

Latest posts

Back