6' 435 inline fan noisier than anticipated help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjayzizzle

Reaction score
i recently purchased a 6' 435 cfm inline fan for my htg grow tent. im using a 400 watt ms/hps for the goorw and my temps prior to the fan were in the high 90's to 115 range. i put the fan in the room and imediatly i saw a huge differece. fan is so powerful that the tent walls get sucked in a little bit and the temps hover around 85 now! this is great however there is one problem, i have a roomate who knows i grow and dosnt care but the fan is a little louder than i thought and is very noticable when it is on even with the closet door closed which posses a problem as the lights and fans come on at 4 am until 10pm and im trying to keep the sound to a whisper something i an be i the room with with out realy hearing it. i do not have any ducting or anything attached to it just the in line fan hangin in the tent, i turned it off and switched back to my multiple cfl set up for now and the other 2 fans i have in there can handle the heat and r quite. how can i make the fan quiter? if i put some insulated ducting on both sides of the 6' 435 inline fan and maybe lower the fan from the top of the tent to maybe the bottom will that eliminate the sound? i finally have everything i need and 2 beautiful plants in there but i cant use my HID until i can solve this problem! also where can i buy ducting and wut type should i use? thanks!!

I would recommend a fan speed control switch but it sounds like you need it to run full blast. You could try putting it in a box with some dyna-mat or something for sound insulation and then run some ducting to it and away from it. Try Home Depot or equivalent for the ducting. It won't completely quiet it but will help. You will still have sound come from the intake and the exhaust. You could put a diffuser on both ends of the ducting to help reduce the sound more if you have the space.

i live in an apt and the attic is out side my closet. i would have t0o run ducting from the tent to the roof and i dont know how effective that would be. is the fan strong enough to pull air over a few feet?

Latest posts

Back