600 hps/ 400 hps...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Six

Perfect smile..chronic...
Reaction score
Does anyone know the temp difference between the two? I have a 3x5x8 room for flowering and would like to run 600w but im not sure if i can handle the heat....I'm running flouro's right now with no venting except a fan in the doorway and on a hot day it only gets to 80...i realize that i will have to vent the light and that brings me to my next question, if i get a vented light with a lens, would i pull the air through the light or am i better to push it through the light and run an extra vent to cool the room?

at 15 square feet you want the 600, it would give you over 6,000 lumens per square foot, a 400 would give you only 3,000, not enough. The heat differential between a 600 and a 400 is negligible. You can push or pull the air, people prefer it either way depending on who you ask. Up until recently I drew air through the light, then through my fan, then out my carbon scrubber...I know it sounds backwards but it works. I have tried it the other way, I have drawn air into the scrubber from the room, through the fan, and then pushed through the light and out an exhaust. This way the air going through the fan and the fiter is not as hot and the theory is they will last longer, but in my experience both remove the smell. If you draw air from inside the room, you should not need an extra fan.
good luck

For that size space you''ll need the 600w as you'll need at least 75000 lumens for the 15sq/ft my hps 600w pust out 90000 so thats a nice size for you better to have more lumens than not enough and I believe a 400w HPS only puts out 50000 lumens, as for push or pull, pulling the air through a inline duct to cool the light is easier than pushing! Get a good inline fan and you'll have no problem keepin it cool! Good luck and keep us update on the progress!

Phatpharmer

Heres kind of a question ontop of a question......If I have a 6 inch inline fan (240CFM)reduced to a 4 inch dryer hose (to speed up the air flow) then through a 4 inch cool tube then out of my grow box, would that be enough air to cool a 400watt hps?

Reactions: Six
Hijacker, JK LOL I think that would work fine, 240cfm should cool that 400w no problem!

Lol, hey that reminds me of another question...any suggestions on inline cfm size for this room? Im sure that i can do the math and figure it out in theory, but what do most of you 600w hps users run?

HippyInEngland posted this in a previous thread that I saved.

hxxps://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/calculators/lighting.php

Latest posts

Back