65w 6500k Fluorex floodlight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm just going to take off the lense because i have a fan that blows air around. That should get some air moving over the bulb. Did your seeds sprout under the lights? I have 2 that have sprouted and are growing already, but I have another 11 that I just put into dirt after germinating. I was thinking of putting the ones that need to sprout in the sunlight to get the warmth, but will I'd rather stick them under the lights if they'll do the job also.

Well I always put my seeds in little jiffy peat pellets... stick em' in a little greenhouse type thing I bought for 5$ @ walmart.... Then I put them above an electrical heater...and give them 24 hour blast of heat....then throw them under the lights...

I've had really seed results... I plant normally 10 seeds at a time and end up with 9 or 10 plants.

I just purchased a 100 watt flourex bulb with fixture at Home Depot for a tad over $50. The fixture is nice as it has pivoting arm. I expect that if I don't use the glass shield then heat shouldn't be an issue. I'll post back in a few days to report further.

An update about my flourex purchase. I had it for about two weeks running 20 hour on and 4 hours off. Even though I did not have the light shield attached as a means of minimizing heat, the bulb failed.

In contrast, the 50w HPS that I also purchased at Home Depot seems to be working just fine under these conditions.

Grower Dude

Latest posts

Back