65w cfl vs. 50w hps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trav_420

Reaction score
Due to a recent move I am now short on closet space and my flower room had to come down but will be back as soon as I find a suitable wardrobe(or such). For now im using my veg cabinet with 3 65w(6500K) cfl to flower autoflowers. I have on hand a 50w hps that I've been thinking about switching with one of the cfl. However the total lumen output of the cfl is 6825, while the hps is only 4050. So, do I sacrifice lumens for color?

What 65 watt CFL do you have that puts out 6825 lumens?
the best ive seen @65w is 4000 lumens.

It's a lights of america Fluorex bulb. 6825 is from their website, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's exaggerated.

This is the first fluoro that I have seen or heard of that puts out more than 100 lumens per watt. Even the T5 that is a HO tube only puts out about 92 lumens per watt...

I have and use the smaller version of this. The light is a 42 watt, they say it puts out something like 4100 or 4200 lumens. I use it in my small veg cab works great. I do not know about their claim, as I have no light meter. But it is bright.

Latest posts

Back