7 male plants!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcam

Reaction score
I had 16 plants 2 weeks into bloom and I saw that 7 of them are male so I have cut them down and got rid of them, please tell me I have done the right thing? Should I of left them?

If you don't intend on breeding, then you did the right thing. Males will just pollinate your girls and you'll end up with a loada seeded bud.

will the males of pollinated the females 2 weeks into bloom?

If the males have just made themselves known, there is nothing to worry about.

You should be just fine. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

camcam said:
will the males of pollinated the females 2 weeks into bloom?
Did you 'see' any pollen?
Did the stamin (flower pods)open?

The so called balls on the males were were small, is that what you are refering to? please bear with me guys as this is my first time even tho I have read countless amounts of articles and documents on these plants but when put into action can be somewhat differant. So this first one is trial and error for me.

The so called balls on the males
..yes, that is what I was referring to..
if they didn't open, you should be safe.

Hick said:
..yes, that is what I was referring to..
if they didn't open, you should be safe.

They was closed, thanks for all your help guys......

Also, I have just started using BUD XL is this stuff any good and how long can I leave these plants in bloom for? The normal lengh of time is 2 months but what happends if they are left longer than that is there a chance of bud rot or dieing?

Sorry for all the questions but I carn't always find the answers in a book or the net.

I have never used that product before...But why would you want to harvest em when they are done?

Each strain has a harvest window, in which it is best to harvest the plants. Most indicas have a harvest window of about 2 weeks or so, while sativa's harvest window is a bit longer, depending on the strain

If you leave the plants too long then all of the THC will convert to other cannabinoids and then eventually degrade. You will end up with some hemp

massproducer said:
I have never used that product before...But why would you want to harvest em when they are done?

Each strain has a harvest window, in which it is best to harvest the plants. Most indicas have a harvest window of about 2 weeks or so, while sativa's harvest window is a bit longer, depending on the strain

If you leave the plants too long then all of the THC will convert to other cannabinoids and then eventually degrade. You will end up with some hemp

I was only woundering what happends because I don't know.

Another question,

The plants I have got have been grown from seeds, on the second grow I am planning to get a female and take cuttings off her. As far as I can tell you only find out if the plant is M/F in the first 2 weeks of bloom, so when I get a female I would take her out of the room and put her on an 18/6 hour cycle would it be ok going from 12/12 cycle back onto 18/6 cycle??

Also, would all cuttings from a female plant be female?

camcam said:
Another question,

The plants I have got have been grown from seeds, on the second grow I am planning to get a female and take cuttings off her. As far as I can tell you only find out if the plant is M/F in the first 2 weeks of bloom, so when I get a female I would take her out of the room and put her on an 18/6 hour cycle would it be ok going from 12/12 cycle back onto 18/6 cycle??

Also, would all cuttings from a female plant be female?

Yes female plants produce female cuttings.

What you can do is take cutting from each plant and flower the clone to determine sex without shock to the mother.

Can I take two cuttings in one go off each plant or would that be too much stress for the plant?

Latest posts

Back