8x4 room how many

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr pyro

member #123456789
Reaction score
im currently doing a sog now just trying a few new ideas i also have a scrog going as well. once this grow is done i'm upgrading the lights. i got a great deal on some 1000 watt ballasts and will being using 2 of them next turn around. with that said what would be good number of plants in this size room. also i will be doing these in the ebb flow buckets. height of celing is like 7ft thinking all ww or wr as they should stay short and bushy.

I have a similar space and I run 3x1000w for 12 plants...I do 3 separate groups of four buckets..( I use Waterfarms)...each group of four buckets has its own 1000w above it.

I've had fewer plants under each light and eneded up cooking them cuz there was no kind of canopy/shade, etc...

dr pyro said:
im currently doing a sog now just trying a few new ideas i also have a scrog going as well. once this grow is done i'm upgrading the lights. i got a great deal on some 1000 watt ballasts and will being using 2 of them next turn around. with that said what would be good number of plants in this size room. also i will be doing these in the ebb flow buckets. height of celing is like 7ft thinking all ww or wr as they should stay short and bushy.

Lol this is the setup Ive been designing, I will start buying equipment soon, Im using a 4x8x7 tent with 2 1k HPS/MH, I mapped it out and 18 buckets will fit in the nicely. Im going to be using ebb & grow buckets also....

It depends on what strain you grow and how long you veg. There are too many variables to give you any kind of answer without knowing more about your grow. I have had sativas that wanted 4 sq ft all to themselves and indicas that were happy with a space as small as a sq ft or so.

Latest posts

Back