a simple question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EYEDOC

Reaction score
I know that you might find this question kinda stupid but i'm gonna ask you anyway. I have been told that the proprer timing for planting is late April and the harvest would be in late October. I planted early in January (my location is in 35N) in a pot at my balcony. It receives around 4-5 hours of direct sunlight per day. It has been flowering for about 6 weeks now and many buds have brown pistils. I would like to know whether it is going to follow it's natural cycle and get ready around October or because of the early planting it will be ready sooner like in June? Thanks in advance

at the time it's getting about 14 hours of light and it's by late august it will be 12/12 and the daytime will decline from thereafter

If they have been budding for 6 weeks, they will be ready within the next couple of weeks. Depending on the strain...If they were ready in Oct. that would mean they had spent somewhere around 5 1/2 months in flowering. :D

these pics were taken 3 weeks ago

m1.JPG

m2.JPG

m3.JPG

m4.JPG

m.JPG

akhempstarr said:
they should make a thread about checking the pistils to know when they are ready ..cause every plant is different ...some you wait till 75% have changed some plants 100 % it varies every strain is different
The Pistils have nothing to do with harvest timing.

The Trichomes are what determine when to harvest.

There are about 1,000 posts on this site that explain how to do that.

The owner of the site, MarP, and the other Mods have noticed something that has been occurring a lot here lately. Lots of new people are asking the same questions over and over without making any attempt at finding the information themselves in the appropriate areas.

Please folks, the entire reason for keeping all these posts is for people to look at them and learn from them.

If nobody is going to use them, heck, what kind of group would it be if no posts were kept more than 3 days? Then, everyone would HAVE to ask the same thing over and over.

PLEASE !!!! Try to find an answer before asking.

Thanks everyone, I just had to get that said...

This is the situation i was trying to help out with, before everyone turned me into the forum Hitler, i now hope you understand my concern more with what i was trying to accomplish... plant the seeds ( ideas on how to help people that want to be helped, not grow the MJ for them)..and let everyone come up with ways to make it easier and better, i myself visited the site daily but after seeing the same question asked a million times, i slowed down my visits..

I have run my own site with forum for several years now, and yes there are a few things that do remain fairly consistant. New folks show up, and are not that familiar with finding their way around, and some are even a bit intimidated by a big place w/ so many folks responding that they feel nervous about stepping into the fray and saying anything.
It's all in the LOVE baby, You gotta give some away if you ever hope to get it back at ya.
Tolerance is much needed, and if you find yourself running thin with it then take a step away before you bite a friend.
Please don't think that I'm telling you what to do, as that is not my desire at all, just want to be of good use and of good cheer. I'm 52 yrs young, and have been around the block a couple of times. This helps me to feel qualified when I suggest that patience is truley a virtue to be shared.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

the whole point is helping other people from your mistakes and knowledge gained,but that is getting much harder to do when the same question is asked 10-30 times per week.
and yes i know if you dont like the post dont read it or answer but honestly, i was looking at the time i usually spend here when helping other people and that has been around 1-3 hours just to reply to 5 posts, if i could spend 1 hour and answer to 10 Good Posts then that would benefit me and everyone else a hell of a lot more.. but somehow ive had a hard time explaining that to people.:eek:

Latest posts

Back