? about HPS ballast...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

225smokestack

im looking to invest into one of these...

EDIT: im such a NOOB, i cant even post a link!! but what i was tryin to show yall was the Lumatek 400w HPS/MH Complete Grow Light...

im in the process of my first grow with 4 florou tubes, and it just seems to be such a slow process, at least for me right now!

but anyway, my question is, is this worth it? im just gonna be a closet grower, not many plants at all, but id like a good crop when i do this in the future. with this ballast, it looks like i can use MH and HPS bulbs, am i reading that correct?? if so, that would be great b/c i have just 1 room, first for veg, then for flower, so i could just switch out at the bulb at the right time...

thanks in advance yall :bong:

thats what i have.actually i have 2 400's,both lumatek and they are nice setups.i use them in a 10 sq ft area.i did buy 2 more 1000 watt lumateks also.best ballast on the market

You're on the right track.

A digital convertible ballast is best for a closet grow as you can switch the bulbs to optimize the veg and flowering stages. It'll definitely be worth the investment as you could expect 2x the yields at least.

thank you very much, i will be looking into that very soon... and should i get some mylar? does that help alot?

Good: White paint - it's cheap and easy to use.
Better: Mylar - very reflective and can create light tight and air tight spaces if done properly. Very thin though.
Best: Poly Paper - also called Panda Paper. It is white on one side reflecting 95%+ of light and black on the other help absorbing any leaking light. Very thick and durable. Can be used over and over again.

Latest posts

Back