Accusation of stolen pot plants leads to beating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
A Charleston man was beaten and kidnapped on Thursday by a man who accused him of stealing his marijuana plants, police said.

Charles Brett Cook, 25, of Charleston, was driving with a friend on W.Va. 21 in Sissonville on Thursday night when a pickup truck pulled up behind them and began tailgating, said Lt. Sean Crosier of the Kanawha County Sheriff's Department.

Crosier said Cook pulled over, while the other vehicle pulled in front of him. Cook got out of his car, as did the driver of the truck, Edmond Jonathan Payne, 22. Payne carrying a baseball bat.

Crosier said Payne beat Cook with the bat as he demanded to know where Cook had taken his stolen marijuana plants. Another man got out of the truck and started assaulting Cook, as did a woman carrying a baby.

The truck driver then pulled a gun and ordered Cook into the truck so he could take him to the stolen marijuana, Crosier said. As they drove south on W.Va. 21 the driver decided he needed gasoline, and pulled into the Little General store in Sissonville. Cook then escaped, ran into the store and called for help.

Crosier said Cook was bruised and swollen, but refused medical attention. He said Cook knew his attackers, and deputies are investigating.

Crosier was not sure whether Cook had actually stolen the marijuana.

Payne and Savanna Lattea, 20 of Tupper's Creek, were to be charged in Kanawha County Magistrate Court late Friday with kidnapping and malicious wounding in the case, Crosier said.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/4snmdv

I can understand why a man would be irate over somebody stealing his plants, but personally I would never draw a gun or kidnap someone over it. It's bad enough the man lost his plants to some thief, but now he's in real trouble.

In a situation like that if a person really wants to get to the guy who stole his plants, he should go about doing it all by himself with no witnesses. As soon as you involve others you have a story that must be collaborated amongst several people, and that's when you get busted. If you don't have the nerve and patience to confront the thief by yourself and at the appropriate moment, then you're better off accepting your losses and let it go.

You could also plan your revenge, but that's a waste of time and energy.

alot of signs point to this guy not bein to smart.

wow,,,, whats the world comming to,,,,,,,:confused2:

I can understand the assailant's frustration. Also you can surely imagine in these dire economic times that maybe this cat was counting on them plants to help get his family through the year. So when he found out who basically robbed him of his livelihood he saw only red. Right ,or wrong? I am not judging, as I have no sympathy for thieves.

guns are bad. I think a beating with a bat would be just. Let em keep the herb for his back spasms.

please, here I go again.. Guns are inanimate objects just like a pot plant. It will sit there doing nothing until an animate object(person) does something to it or with it. I am a certified firearms instructor so these statements upset me.:holysheep: Guns can't shoot themselves.

canibanol cannonball said:
guns are bad. I think a beating with a bat would be just. Let em keep the herb for his back spasms.
:giggle::ccc:

:rofl: :rofl: Hillbilly got to love them, them thar cussin':rofl:

:48: :tokie: :48:

:headbang2: :bong1:

Don't snitch, just get even with a baseball bat, only do it in private. It's the hillbilly way.

Rogue said:
Or he could have just dropped an anonymous tip to LE about the location of the biggest illegal grower/dealer in the county. Pay phones are plentiful and very anonymous. I say "If the guy wanted the plants so much he can have them and all the heat that goes with them." :)

Don't get me wrong I don't believe in snitchin' but I do believe in giving someone their just rewards.

Not even cool. Just what you need to do is get the cops some more free propaganda to work with.

I can understand the assailant's frustration.
I can too but I don't think he had his family in mind. If he did he wouldn't go out and stack up a few felonies:D. Can't take care of them if you're not around:cop: .

bombbudpuffa said:
I can too but I don't think he had his family in mind. If he did he wouldn't go out and stack up a few felonies:D. Can't take care of them if you're not around:cop: .

But he IS around. They all went down together. Remember, a woman with a baby helped out remember. I would love to see that. It would be the highlight of the month to see a woman holding a baby helping two grown men stomp a guy to the ground..... I would have to laugh. Amateur tryouts for the jerry springer show. :holysheep: :rofl:

Latest posts

Back