Adding PK13/14

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callawave

AKAW!!
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me the best time to add Canna (I’m using Aqua nutes) PK13/14 to the mix?
According to the label on the bottle, it’s three weeks before harvest. But I’ve got a loose Canna info sheet, which says to add at first sign of "small fruit development".
Well I’ve got buds starting to form on all eight of my plants @ nearly three weeks into 12 x 12.
The sheet and bottle advice’s seem a bit ambiguous to me. :confused: Cheers.

Well... I've been in lots of discussions about this.. I actually use something called hammerhead instead.. I start using it after one week of flowering and stop one week before harvest.

Hi callawave cannas fact sheet is a bit hit and miss imho but i always use it for 1 week 3 weeks from harvest so effectively if you have an 8 week indica strain at the start of week 5 use for 1 week.

I too tried hammerhead after being drawn into advanced nutrients superb advertising campaign and reading that their hammerhead is the only one for marijuana-this may be so but it does not cut the mustard esp considering the amount you use compared to pk 13/14.

t4

Time4Plan-B said:
Hi callawave cannas fact sheet is a bit hit and miss imho but i always use it for 1 week 3 weeks from harvest so effectively if you have an 8 week indica strain at the start of week 5 use for 1 week.t4
I was hedging toward believing the bottle rather than the info sheet. But why does a company like Canna give out contradictory info? It's not a lot of help to us confused enough newbies.
Don't get me wrong, I’m really happy with my Canna nutes and see no reason to change brand.
My plants seem to be doing great, (they're scaring me a bit :shocked: ) and I’m keeping all my EC’s at their lowest recommended levels now.
Anywho…. Back to the question. I’ll take your advice Time4Plan-B and add it three weeks before I think they’ll be ready. Thanks. :D

Time4Plan-B,

It sounds like you are tired of paying for hype when you buy nutes. Check out Future Harvest Development at extremegrowing.com. I was using Alaska fertilizer products in dirt. My local mentor recommended I try them in my hydro grow and said he thought they would work in dirt too. I tried them in dirt alongside my Alaska stuff to see what the difference was and was shocked at the difference. After 5 weeks the difference in the size and hardiness of the plants using FHD was so obvious that I terminated the comparison and switched over to FHD in every thing. Their customer service is outstanding. I have even had their people say "We make a product for that but personally I still use XX for that because they are the old standard that everyone compares their product to". I don't know about you, but that impresses me. Most often people will recommend their product even though they don't use it personally.

Another reason I tried FHD was my mentor has a couple of friends that they all grow the same varieties in almost identical operations except for the nutrients they use. My mentor uses FHD, one of the others is using a mid-price range line, I think Botnicare (sic) and the third one uses nothing but Advanced and uses "every darn thing they make -- I don't know how he has room for nutrients with all of the additives he uses". My mentor says that over a period of time averaging several crops there is no consistent difference in the quantity and never any nute related difference in quality but it costs him under $50 per 10 plant cycle, the other friend spends between $300 and $500 per 10 plant cycle depending upon what additives he is hung up on at the time and the one that uses all of Advanced spends over $900 for the same 10 plant cycle.

I have never used any of the other nutrients so I can't compare them persoanlly, but I know of no reason my mentor would lie about that -- he has beeen very up front on every thing else.

Also, I have found that extremegrowing is very good about telling me about new things made bu somebody else that they know I will be buying through a local dealer rather than through them. Some of the new stuff they tell me about they don't even sell.

If anyone is open to a new line of nutrients and additives, give a look at FHD at extremegrowing.com along with the other hydro product they either make or handle for other manufacturers. Things that are made in the States, they usually refer you to either the manufacturer or a dealer rather than having you buy it from them and ship it back and forth across the border.

Good smoking everyone!

On the queston of contradictory information from manufacturers. Often the recommendations will change with experience or changes to the product and the loose literature or the label one will not get changed as quickly as it should, especially depending upon where you got the loose literature. The dealers do NOT keep up real good on throwing away out dated literature and getting new literature as it becomes available. Usually, but not always, the label is more likely to be the most current unless you get really old product, which is the dealer's fault. Even then the label is most likely to match the contents of the container.

Good smoking.

Latest posts

Back