Aeroponic Closet Tent Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InuYasha

Reaction score
This is my first attempt to grow. I lived in Zuid-Holland for some time and besides my formal studies, I spent much of the past year learning about cannabis horticulture. Besides being a casual vaporizer user, I have a relative suffering with MS. This bud is for her.

10 CH9 Jack Feminized seeds (9 germinated) started 10/30, trans. 11/10:

Setup:
Grow Tent: 2'x4'x7' Hydrohut
Lamps:
Veg: 1 600W Growbright MH converson (72,000 Lumens @ 6k Spectrum)
Flowering: 1 600W Growbright HPS (95,000 Lumens)
Reflector: Airoflow 20x24x8 inline cooled aluminum reflector. 19-20" from top of 7 larger plants, 21-22" from the tops of the 2 runts
Ballast: 600W Digital Greenhouse (runs nice and cool)
Vent:
Tent: 2 6" 250 CFM inline duct boosters running while light is on. Intermitantly at night. Osscalating clip fan on plants 24/7.
Light: 435 CFM Centrifugal Inline Fan w/ 2 250CFM inline boosters on intake and exhaust. Currently running w/o intake to draw-in air from the growtent.
Planters: 2 Rainforest 66 Aeroponic 14 Gallon 6x6" net pot planters. Spraying 1 hr on / 1 hr off 24/7.
Medium: Plants started in 1" Rockwool cube transplanted to 6" netpots filled with hydroton
Nutrients: GH Flora Series. 75% Strenght Lucas 5M-10B-0G formula.
Ph: 5.5
TDS: 450 @ .5 Conversion
Temp: 73-75F Day, 69-71F Night
Humidity: ?
Girls1120.jpg
The Girls (10 days after transplant, about 20 from seed)
Healthy Leaf 1.JPG
Leaf Up-Close
KagomeKikyo1120.jpg
2 of the strongest
Rei.JPG
Rei, the Runt (I think it's N-burn)
Refector.jpg
600W MH Conversion in Airoflow Reflector
Light Exhaust.JPG
Light Exhaust
Air Exhaust.JPG
Tent Exhaust
Air Intake.JPG
Tent Intake

Well it sounds and looks like your off to a great start. ;) Got some healthy looking babies. ;) GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana: GREEN MOJO:banana: to give them babies a boost. :aok:

Does anyone think it's too early to mist them lightly a few times a week? I spayed 4 of them with distilled h20 tonight about 30 min before lights out. I didn't want water drops burning holes in the leaves, so I did it near the dark period, but I'm a bit concerned about mold. I got the fans on, so they should dry quickly.

I rarely mist my plants, only in the very young stages of veg. I found that they don't really need it if you have your humidity on point.

7/9 looking really strong. I did a solution change today.
Girls 11-23.JPG

I've raised the left planter nute levels to full strength Lucas (5M-10B).
Big Girls 11-23.JPG

I've moved the 3 weakest plants to the right planter running at 3/4 strength Lucas formula.
Smaller Girls 11-23.JPG

TDS: 473 on the Right planter (3/4 strength lucas formula)
676 on the Left planter (full strength lucas)
Ph. 5.8 both units

I've also moved the lamp to 22" above the top of the tallest plant. Does anyone know what is a good height for a 600W MH-conversion (72,000 Lumens)?

Also, does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing these brown spots?:
Rei 11-23.JPG
Rei 2 11-23.JPG

I did another water change today. I'm doing them about every 10-14 days now. This time I switched nutes from GH Flora Series to Grotek Solo-Tek Grow. I am also using Grotek Pro Silica and Hydrogaurd in my reservoirs.

I think I screwed up and added the volume that is supposed to be used for soil applications to the right planter. It's not 100% my fault as the bottle only has one set of instructions, and they don't specify the application.

I ended up adding 12.5 ml/US gal to the right planter. The Gro-Tek site (which I consulted before changing the left planter) recommends about 9.1 ml / US gal. I figure that I added about 37% too much to the first planter. I'm hoping this error won't harm them too much.

The temps here are coming down. The tent temp stays 20.5-24.5C. The
reservoirs stay at about 23 C.

Here are the pics and critical stats:

Left Planter: 991 ppm @.5 conversion, pH 5.8,
127ml Grotek Solo-Tek Grow
70ml Protek Pro-Silica
60ml Hydrogaurd
Left Planter 12-3.JPG

Right Planter: 1430 ppm @.5 conversion, pH 5.8
170ml Grotek Solo-Tek Grow
70ml Protek Pro-Silica
60ml Hydrogaurd
Right Planter 12-3.JPG

Some Nice Greenery
Green 12-3 3.JPG
Green 12-3 2.JPG

The Mystery Burn lives on!
Burn 12-3 1.JPG
Burn 12-3 2.JPG

If anyone has any idea on what is causing this spotting on my leaves, please let me know. It is much less sever on the new growth since increasing my silica, potassium and raising my pH to 5.8

Here are the latest pics. Going really well so far. I've switched nutes to Grotek Solo-Tek Grow. So far, I like the results. There still remains some spotting / burning. I'm going to try a Ca / Mg / Fe product tomorrow.

My pH climbs to 5.9-6.0 and I correct it to 5.8 once daily when I top up the planters.

I'm worried that the plants in the left planter are too stretched. Does anyone know what an ideal internode length is for a 80/20 Ind/Sat?

Both Planters:
Both.JPG
Both 2.JPG

Plants in the left planter are now nearly 24"
Height 2.JPG
Height 1.JPG

Left Planter Stems
Left 1.JPG
Left Stem 1.JPG
Left Stem 2.JPG
Left Stem 3.JPG

Inter-node Length: