Afghani - Pot Belly Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone - have some pics for our weekly update. I removed the LST wire and she is free of her restraints. Filling in nicely and smells very sweet, but with a fermenting smell like very ripe fruit. Hmmmm.

We are 8 weeks into flower on this baby. Going to start checking trichs in the next few days for doneness. My last batch of weed stayed on a long time and it is very couch-lock. I'm going for a more functioning high from this bud. About another week or so.....

Also pics of our donor female. She has given me some cuttings, and I'm vegging her for my next one in-line. She is also filling out nicely. This one I'll make a bush o' bud. Can't wait to send her to flower.

Some nice close-ups to drool on.

PB:)

P1010621.JPG

P1010622.JPG

P1010623.JPG

P1010628.JPG

P1010615.JPG

P1010616.JPG

P1010633.JPG

P1010635.JPG

P1010624-1.JPG

P1010626-1.JPG

P1010627-1.JPG

akirahz said:
WOW!! thats incredible, is the way it leans like that the result of LST?

Yes - you can see earlier in the journal where I bent her over:hubba: and tied her. I used one wire at first, then added another one a few weeks later.

HAHAHaha! yeah i had to back track there, shouldnt it be done at 8 weeks? or does that strain take a while longer?

akirahz said:
shouldnt it be done at 8 weeks? or does that strain take a while longer?

Between 8 or 9 weeks. Trichs really determine the fine-tuning of what you want out of your smoke.

benamucc said:
Tasty lookin buds. I read your completed journals. Could you talk more about the harvesting of:

Quote:
"ISO hash oil is OK, but I let the ISO and trim sit too long, so it's darker than what I like. But the stone is good and makes you very sleepy. Not good for a day buzz if you are trying to be productive. "

I let the ISO and trim sit in there for one week on that batch. It pulled more of the other stuff out of the leaf and stem structure, so it turned darker. It's also more "tarry" in texture. I prefer lighter color hash.

The bud used in that batch was on the tree a long time. Resulting hash has couch-lock tendancies similar to its bud.

Hey Runbyhemp! This was my version of 12/12 from seed, first try. Thanks for stopping in.

Pot Belly said:
Hey Runbyhemp! This was my version of 12/12 from seed, first try. Thanks for stopping in.

Been keepin my eye on it ;)

Pb,everyone looks great, love the thicknes of the buds and those trichs are looking very nice! You have done a wonderful keeping her happy. ;) Looking forward to the harvest and smoke report!! :hubba:

Your donor female is looking very nice as well! Looking forward to watching her bush out! :D

Are you happy with the outcome of your 12/12 from seed? and will you do it again?

Hey PB just stopping by to see whats goin on, Looks like you got one fine lady there, Hope your treating her well;) Do you have a rough estimate on the harvest date?
Dro:cool2:

hey PB nice grow man, I have seen a few threads around on 12/12 from the start but none in combination with LST, which makes your grow particularly intresting, generally people seemily tend to avoid stress during the flowering stage. As I look at your grow you lst'd just slightly for an even lighted canopy, not enough to revert many auxins, which may be why your plant looks so good. I am very curious about your yield because I might be trying this on my next grow, keep me posted and GL!!

wow man thats one good looking girl for a 12/12 seed :aok: great LST on her to get her heading the way you wanted. cant wait to hear how she smokes man as i was thinking of getting some of that Afgani to try out.

Thanks for your input Blunted. I'm just trying to make a small growspace as efficient as it can be. The 12/12 and LST combo worked great with this plant. If you're careful, you can move soft tissue stems around where you want them to go with pipe cleaners, etc. Do it gradually (in days) and no harm comes to the plant so far from what I've seen.

Dubbaman said:
wow man thats one good looking girl for a 12/12 seed :aok: great LST on her to get her heading the way you wanted. cant wait to hear how she smokes man as i was thinking of getting some of that Afgani to try out.

Thanks for stopping in Dubbaman!:)

Yep - just plain old Afghani. Well - that 12/12 from seed is gonna be a memory for me. Been there done that.;) Not knockin it, but it just ain't my thing. LST - you bet I will!

PB:)

Rdrose said:

Are you happy with the outcome of your 12/12 from seed? and will you do it again?

Hey Rdrose! I am very happy with the outcome 12/12 from seed. As far as what it is. I won't be doing any more 12/12 until I get hankerin to do something crazy. Like with a bagseed novelty grow.

I feel the plant is designed to veg until mature - at least 4 weeks. I would prefer to send one in a little more mature like 8 weeks. This gives time for the plant to get bushy with many bud locations, and grow a healthy root mass ready to absorb nutes for flowering.

Pot Belly said:
I won't be doing any more 12/12 until I get hankerin to do something crazy.

I'll be looking for your next 12/12 from seed right around this time next year!! ;) :p

I feel the plant is designed to veg until mature - at least 4 weeks. I would prefer to send one in a little more mature like 8 weeks. This gives time for the plant to get bushy with many bud locations, and grow a healthy root mass ready to absorb nutes for flowering

You make an excellent point about giving the plant time to develop a "healthy root mass to absorb nutes for flowering". That makes me think that foliar feeding could be an excellent addition/alternative to heavy flower nutes on these kinds of grows.

Interesting...I know that very shortly after I started the flowering nutes on my WW's, I started noticing leaf problems, especially with the smaller, less developed plants. Thank you for sharing your observations. :D

very nice indeed, PB, 12/12 from seed. I've not done a grow 12/12 from right at the start, however, my first two grows were flowered with minimal vegging time from the start cuz of "outside influences".

My thinking is to let a plant mature before flowering, so this grow, I'm gunna let mine veg for a while. I think I'm gunna get much better yeild, myself, compared to time-line. ya never know till ya try, right?

anyways... nice!:D

Latest posts

Back