AK48 & Bubble 59 days flower.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDotee

Reaction score
At the 8 week mark (56 days).... there are NEW Calyxs forming on BOTH which took 1-2 days to burst with white pistils!

The Bubble has brown pistils ALL OVER (90%) with CLOUDY trichomes.

The AK has yellowing(30-40%) stigmas with CLOUDY trichomes....

Should I harvest the bubble TODAY? I am scared of pistils degrading??? (Read this somewhere).

I did read multiple times though that it is all about trichome development and waiting for a few orange to pop up (mix of couch/mind).

Thanks for any help given!

Sorry... gotta do it!

:postpicsworthless:

Any chance of posting some AK48 pics? I have two seedings started now and I'd love to see how yours is turning out. Harvest timing is a matter of preference and you're right... you harvest by the percentage of clear/cloudy/amber heads on the the trichomes. I prefer my trichs to be about 35-40% amber with most strains and you'll want them to all be at least cloudy imho. My guess is you have another week or two to arrive at the amberlicious zone.... IF that's your pref! Also... I think it's useful (& fun!) to take small samples when it's getting close to compare the buzz as more trichs go amber.

Pistil color isn't a good gauge to go by. Ignore them and go by your trichs... Pistils dying is completely normal and a part of the ripening process...

Happy Harvesting!:cool:

Latest posts

Back